Ed Houston

Default FS: Acoustat Model Ones (Plus Parts)

I am thinking of selling my Model Ones's. They have been modified for
the better. Yes Brian M. My price is above blue book.

Here is a description of them:

I have owned Acoustats for over 18 years now. If you go the ESL
circuit (http://www.audiocircuit.com/9041-esl...t/9041IMAI.htm) my
previous Model two's are pictured titled custom.

The ones I have a

Model one frames cut down (very well cut and fitted) to where the
center of the panel is just below the ear level. I experimented with
hieght years ago and between 7 and 8 inches is best off the floor.

The bases are original with 2 small blims, I have a picture folder and
e-mail it to any one interested. Visually 1 to 10 they are a 7(in my
opinion).

The 141 interfaces were never used, I never bought them...
The 121-b ( blue label) Interfaces are original except for:
The high frequency variable resistor was changed same quality,
slightly less value. The original one was corroded but will be
included as an extra part.
The Low pass resistor is orginal and will work as if it were never
touched, however a 1 meg was placed beside it for a lower frequency
output.

The panels have been plucked (9 wires now in lue of the original 3)
and the 9" panel now has two seperate sections that play
seperatly(like the new spectras).

By doing this:
the inside of each panel plays Full range as they would
originally(without the 141 of course).
the out side of each panel plays only low bass and it plays
simaltaniuosly with the inside so there is no weird crossover
issues...
this allows the image to be even more defined.

Now for the extras:

I have extra bass transformers, high frequency
transformers(non-medalion), ac line transformers, high voltage teflon
wire(about 30' or more), and to top it off I have regular 5 wire
panels that work great. So you could run the 5 wire panels and be as
they come from the factory.

The grills are in great shape, but one might want to wash them or
replace them, They are in a dedicated audio room, no kids or dogs
allowed in there, and no smoking.

The shipping would be in multiple boxes and I would perform as much
packing as possible myself to keep the shipping cost as low as
possible.

I think they are worth @ least $700.00 plus shipping with all the
extras.

Please reply with you thoughts via email

Ed Houston
Cincinnati, OH