dan

Default Is VST wrapper needed to run Halion 2 and digital performer 4 on os x

Do you need vST wrapper to run Halion 2 on digital performer 4 using jaguar os x?

I can't find any info on this in the dp or steinberg manuals...

Thanks

Dan
Bob Cain

dan wrote:

Do you need vST wrapper to run Halion 2 on digital performer 4 using jaguar os x?

I can't find any info on this in the dp or steinberg manuals...

Thanks

Dan

At this point DP4 doesn't support either VST or AU (the Mac
OS X equivalent of Win's DX) which is what VST wrappers will
target. They currently only support their own plugin format
called MAS and I don't believe there is a VST to MAS
wrapper.

Version 4.2 of DP4 is due out in (probably late) August and
it will support AU. There is a VST to AU wrapper available
at:

http://www.fxpansion.com/products_auadapter.html

Bob

simpler."