John Phillips

Default Any Experience With Firebox?

I just saw the Presonus Firebox and it appears to be just what a friend
needs. He wants to record himself and his two kids playing at the same
time. Most of the low cost units (including standalone) only allow two
discrete tracks to be recorded at a time. It is also a learning thing for
the kids plus the kids play multiple instruments. I know that he can get a
cheap mixer and do two channels at a time but some of the other two channel
solutions are similar priced anyway. The Firebox can do 4 inputs (without
additional hardware) and at about $400 appears just to be what he is looking
for.

Any thoughts and experiences are appreciated.

Thanks,

John