wwww

Default Crosstalk between outboard gear

While picking up a new/used compressor today from a guy who is tired of
making music, I was asked if I wanted to take home a nice rack also. I
said yes and he showed me a store bought 18u rack with wood instead of
steel mounting rails that I would use wood screws on for installing the
gear. When I asked him about the wood, he said that wood will prevent
crosstalk between the units and also that they should not be allowed to
touch each other. My first thought was to run right out and buy some
18u steel rails to replace the wood, but then I thought that I would
get a second, third and even more opinions about this. Last thing I
posted here got many answers and also opened a new thread from all of
you guys who make a living doing this. Any opinions, rumors, or input
on this? Thanks!