Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] inzerw@gmail.com is offline

Default Tracking Roller for H/K Rabco ST-7 Turntable

On Monday, April 28, 1997 at 9:00:00 AM UTC+2, Michael Caplan wrote:
I am looking for help in refitting the "tracking roller" in a
Harmon/Kardon Rabco model ST7 turntable.

The 'tracking roller" is about 3/4 inch in diameter, with a metal axle
and yellow/orange-colored "gummy" rubber tire. The wheel's tire engages a
rotating shaft causing the tone arm assembly to move across the record.

The rubber material on the roller has virtually "disintegrated". (In fact
it appears to have melted.) I need to replace the roller, or fit a new
tire on the existing axle.

If you have a roller, or know where I might be able source one, please let
me know. Alternatively, if you have had the same experience and have
found an effective way to replace the rubber tire part, I would like to
hear from you. (Incidentally, Harmon/Kardon USA have indicated that they
no longer supply parts for this turntable. Same for the H/K distributors
and repair outlets here in Canada.)

Michael Caplan

Hello Michael,

Just saw your post here.....
So did you ever get the roller replaced?

I've found this rubber Tracking roller in Europe, Italy.

The original roller is not a round O-ring, rather it is a flat ring instead.
Make sense since when consume by rolling on the metal shaft eventually an O-ring will gets flatten.

Email contact person in Italy is Maria.

Hope this will help for your restoration.
inzer
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Dave Platt[_2_] Dave Platt[_2_] is offline

Hello Michael,

Just saw your post here.....
So did you ever get the roller replaced?

The message you just replied to, was posted in 1997. It's distinctly
unlikely that the original poster is still reading this newsgroup 20
years later. I suspect that the Rabco has long since been either
successfully refurbished, or scrapped.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] juzfoolin@gmail.com is offline

Too funny, Im selling my ST-7 on eBay right now and I believe the same guy emailed me with the Italian info. I actually thought it was a joke or etc