Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default "Sound City" movie

On 3/03/2017 10:47 PM, Mike Rivers wrote:
You can make a 320 kbps file from a 64 kbps file.

On 3/2/2017 10:33 PM, Trevor wrote:

Sure you can, but who does?

Someone who wants to make you think you're getting a high resolution
file. I doubt that there's much of this on the major download sites, but
someone who has a 20 year collection of songs could easily batch-convert
his collection to 320 kbps. Psychoacoustics takes over and he's
overjoyed (with no testing whatsoever) at how much better they sound,
and he shares them with the world.

"Could", of course. So tell of one instance you know of? Or why are you
worrying about something that doesn't affect you and probably never
happens anyway? Sure doesn't bother me though.

Trevor.