Boa

Default Second-hand CD player

Hello all,

I would like to buy a second-hand CD player. I can choose between:

Marantz CD42mkII
Sony CDP-991
Technics SL-PS 770D
NAD 524

Personally I think seriously about Marantz or Technics.

What do you think? Can you give me any advice, which one is the best?
I can't buy a new one, so I have to choose between a little bit older
players.

Thank you for help in advance.

regards,
Boa.

Ultimate Buu

"Boa" wrote in message
Hello all,

I would like to buy a second-hand CD player. I can choose between:

Marantz CD42mkII
Sony CDP-991
Technics SL-PS 770D
NAD 524

Personally I think seriously about Marantz or Technics.

What do you think? Can you give me any advice, which one is the best?
I can't buy a new one, so I have to choose between a little bit older
players.

I would go for the Technics because it has MASH conversion. It is now
generally thought that multi-level DAC's have the best sound quality and
MASH had this from its first conception in the late 80's. I always thought
it sounded superiour but so-called 'golden ears' in audiophile magazines
claimed otherwise.

Jerry Greenberg

From past experience, I would go with the Technics.

Jerry Greenberg