Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jjaj1998@netscape.net is offline

Default Interesting What You Hear in This Recording

You can hear Gerry, of Gerry & The Pacemakers, strumming a non amplified electric guitar, while singing! I guess it stands out, since the amplified guitar is subdued. But, it proves one thing, this is a "live" (1964) recording!...

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...es/ilikeit.mp3

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
jtees4 jtees4 is offline

On Thu, 6 Apr 2017 13:36:47 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

You can hear Gerry, of Gerry & The Pacemakers, strumming a non amplified electric guitar, while singing! I guess it stands out, since the amplified guitar is subdued. But, it proves one thing, this is a "live" (1964) recording!...

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...es/ilikeit.mp3

Jack

That was fairly common in the 60's, there was just a thread on an
internet forum where they gave many examples.....I am on so many
forums I don't recall where it was....I will try to find it.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jjaj1998@netscape.net is offline

Thanks. My guess,few, if any, played electric guitar as they sang.

In my opinion, not very common.

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jjaj1998@netscape.net is offline

My guess, you record anyone singing, but have them strum an a non amplified guitar, and you will hear the guitar.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jjaj1998@netscape.net is offline

p.s. Why so many record vocals separately.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] karlson640@gmail.com is offline

p.s. Why so many record vocals separately.

You moron. Dorsey explained this to you the first time you ever posted
here and all you did was tell him how much of an expert you were. Months
later you still don't know a damn thing about recording.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message
..
That is kind of interesting.

Stop feeding the turd.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jjaj1998@netscape.net is offline

p.s. Why so many record vocals separately.

You moron. Dorsey explained this to you the first time you ever posted
here and all you did was tell him how much of an expert you were. Months
later you still don't know a damn thing about recording.

Your buddy, Dorsey, claimed there is no such thing as varying DC offset, but I find more evidence, and correct it, each day. Now, what are you, Pro, doing here is a near dead usenet newsgroup? Obviously, your "audio" work fails to please.

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Rick Ruskin wrote:
On Fri, 7 Apr 2017 12:05:10 +1200, geoff
wrote:

On 7/04/2017 11:42 a.m., wrote:
p.s. Why so many record vocals separately.

You moron. Dorsey explained this to you the first time you ever posted
here and all you did was tell him how much of an expert you were. Months
later you still don't know a damn thing about recording.

Where is Fletcher when you need him ?

geoff

I believe he got out of audio and bought a bar.

Now that is how you short circuit the basic concept, folks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4erJjojjvc

This way he can get
the blowhards to at least buy a beer or 2 while they spout their
considerable "knowledge."

RR

---
http://www.avg.com

--
Les Cargill
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jjaj1998@netscape.net is offline

p.s. Why so many record vocals separately.

You moron. Dorsey explained this to you the first time you ever posted
here and all you did was tell him how much of an expert you were. Months
later you still don't know a damn thing about recording.

When I first joined this group, Scott seems to be scared of my presence for unknown reasons. To me, he sees to have PLENTY of time on his hands, so he can't be doing a ton of audio work. His haphazard instructions, suggesting soldering a plastic body switch makes me doubt his electronics knowledge. He does give me hints about early (re)mastering, but not the entire story, so I find the those facts myself. I provide example after example of my audio work, but so few here do. I'm not shy, and I too laugh at those who find my own discovery about 3kHz, because so few actually do do audio work.

So many "experts" out there, yet vinyl made a small comeback, so those "experts" have failed audio knowledge.

Jack

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Thursday, April 6, 2017 at 5:59:23 PM UTC-4, jtees4 wrote:
On Thu, 6 Apr 2017 13:36:47 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

You can hear Gerry, of Gerry & The Pacemakers, strumming a non amplified electric guitar, while singing! I guess it stands out, since the amplified guitar is subdued. But, it proves one thing, this is a "live" (1964) recording!...

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...es/ilikeit.mp3

Jack

That was fairly common in the 60's, there was just a thread on an
internet forum where they gave many examples.....I am on so many
forums I don't recall where it was....I will try to find it.

I'd appreciate ANYTHING you can find.

Allow me to elaborate about CD audio. Some may recall Mastersound CDs (Sony, I guess), maybe gold. I came across a Billy Joel CD album, sounds better than average. Let's talk about those employed by Sony and who did that Billy Joel CD album...

http://batterystudios.com/engineers/vic-anesini.shtml

Vic lied, that was no "master" I was hearing, it was remixed from session tapes. Years later, Billy Joel multi-tracks surface, so Sony could have issued Billy Joel sounding his finest, maybe decades ago. But, Vic, like many, are instructed to not give away the fort, leaving nothing left to reissue, time and time again.

I'd like to think Vic has decent audio knowledge, but between him and Bob Irwin, they both have fouled many remixes. Neither pay attention, and even though they claim a "single" version, they fail to remove what wasn't on the single (hit) rendition.

Vic, like Bob, enjoy money, not music.

Jack

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] karlson640@gmail.com is offline

p.s. Why so many record vocals separately.

You moron. Dorsey explained this to you the first time you ever posted
here and all you did was tell him how much of an expert you were. Months
later you still don't know a damn thing about recording.

Your buddy, Dorsey, claimed there is no such thing as varying DC offset, but I fin

d more evidence, and correct it, each day. Now, what are you, Pro, doing here is a
near dead usenet newsgroup? Obviously, your "audio" work fails to please.

Ooh! You must be so smart to have invented a new kind of DC all by
yourself! I bet your mommy is real proud!

Moron.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
jtees4 jtees4 is offline

wrote:

[...]

It's driving me nuts, I can't find the thread...I am on so many forums
it may take awhile but I'll come across it. But at the same time, I
definitely overstated it when I said "fairly common"....there were
about 10 that people mentioned.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jjaj1998@netscape.net is offline

It's okay, I'm patient. I can wait, while John Williamson learns DAW while Geoff learns to string a guitar while Bruce learns how to play bass and Karl learns DC is more than Washington, I'll be here!

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jjaj1998@netscape.net is offline

Will you teach me all your audio knowledge, I have a half minute to spare.

Jack

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jjaj1998@netscape.net is offline

Come on, Phil, I have learned one thing, I'm better than you.

Got Audio 101 question? Phil is here to answer!

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

Don't feed the turd.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

Please don't feed the turd.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

wrote in message
news
Please don't feed the turd.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Rick Ruskin wrote:
On Fri, 7 Apr 2017 12:05:10 +1200, geoff

Where is Fletcher when you need him ?

I believe he got out of audio and bought a bar. This way he can get
the blowhards to at least buy a beer or 2 while they spout their
considerable "knowledge."

Any idea where? I would _gladly_ buy a beer from him, any day.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jjaj1998@netscape.net is offline

On Sunday, April 9, 2017 at 8:48:33 AM UTC-4, None wrote:
wrote in message
news
Please don't feed the turd.

Have you practiced playing your skin flute today?

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro

In article , wrote:
Ooh! You must be so smart to have invented a new kind of DC all by
yourself! I bet your mommy is real proud!

Moron.

Agnew is a troll. He exists to spout things to deliberately annoy you. Don't
reply to him and give him the satisfaction, just killfile him. He isn't worth
your time.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Sunday, April 9, 2017 at 6:31:37 PM UTC-4, Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article , wrote:
Ooh! You must be so smart to have invented a new kind of DC all by
yourself! I bet your mommy is real proud!

Moron.

Agnew is a troll. He exists to spout things to deliberately annoy you. Don't
reply to him and give him the satisfaction, just killfile him. He isn't worth
your time.

Scott was some hippy coffee boy runner as some defunct recording studio.
Scott claimed DAC were the cause of early, foul sounding audio CDs. Far from the truth. It was I who found most every CD publisher was using one of two Sony PWM machines, and most had no idea of digital audio, so they were used (way too) conservatively.

Scott claimed there no such thing as varying DC offset. Nonsense. However, Goldwave software provides a way to correct it. I enjoy seeing the waveform, or portions of it, shift.

More Fake News Dorsey Reports.

Jack

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Fletcher's Bar

On 4/9/2017 4:54 PM, Rick Ruskin wrote:

I think this is the place.

http://www.planbsuffern.com/contact-us/

Customer service is important to us – We’re not happy until you’re not
happy!

He had a sign at his booth at AES with that motto.

--
"Today's production equipment is IT based and cannot be operated without
a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be

Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Sunday, April 9, 2017 at 7:54:36 PM UTC-4, Rick Ruskin wrote:
On 9 Apr 2017 18:29:45 -0400, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

Rick Ruskin wrote:
On Fri, 7 Apr 2017 12:05:10 +1200, geoff

Where is Fletcher when you need him ?

I believe he got out of audio and bought a bar. This way he can get
the blowhards to at least buy a beer or 2 while they spout their
considerable "knowledge."

Any idea where? I would _gladly_ buy a beer from him, any day.
--scott

I think this is the place.

http://www.planbsuffern.com/contact-us/

RR

---
http://www.avg.com

Oh, great, you become an alcoholic after joining this group. Understandable! :-)

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

"geoff" wrote in message
ignoramus.

geoff

You, who encourage the trolling turd, are an ignoramus.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

"John Williamson" wrote in message

And it seems you also missed basic English class

You, willing accomplice of the trolling turd, missed a lot more.