StuartB54

Default Dynamic Electronics integrated tube amp

Anyone know anything about a Dynamic Eclectronics ST-3000PA integrated amp.

I just found it today. It is the type of integrated amp that I grew up with 45
years ago and I believe my father had built one just like this. It uses four
EL84 output tubes, four 12AX7 tubes, and two 6CA4 rectifiers. One of the
rectifier tubes is bad, so I need to track one down before seeing if I can get
decent sound out of it. Without the rectifier tubers in it, all other tubes
light up and there is no bad sounds or smells coming fro the unit.

I had remembered what this thing looked like, but hadn't seen one in probably
30 years. Ran across it in a local audio shop that has a decent used selection.
I was pretty excited if only for the nostalgia of it. I would love to get it
working. I am most curions about any info anyone might have on the company.
THey were out of Richmond HIll, Long Island, NY according to the schematic on
the bottom of the unit.

Also if any one has a good source of 6CA4 tubes I would appreciate that as
well.

Thanks
Mikkel C. Simonsen

StuartB54 wrote:

I just found it today. It is the type of integrated amp that I grew up with 45
years ago and I believe my father had built one just like this. It uses four
EL84 output tubes, four 12AX7 tubes, and two 6CA4 rectifiers. One of the
rectifier tubes is bad, so I need to track one down before seeing if I can get
decent sound out of it. Without the rectifier tubers in it, all other tubes
light up and there is no bad sounds or smells coming fro the unit.

Remember to check the filter caps before you install the new 6CA4
tube...

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen