Patrick Turner

Default News group access.

A very kind reader sent me an email steering me towards
http://www.teranews.com/ who offers 50mB per day
at a one time cost of USD $3.95 to sign up.

Alas, I have no credit card, and the teranews folks have not replied
to my request as to how I could get the tiny amount of $3.95
to them without a credit card.

Anyhow, it seems my ISP may have fixed a problem, so I may not need
teranews.
I first thought $3.95 was wrong, and might have been $39.95, which still
isn't
much for something one values, but it is only $3.95.

Patrick Turner.

Phil Allison

"Patrick Turner"

A very kind reader sent me an email steering me towards
http://www.teranews.com/ who offers 50mB per day
at a one time cost of USD $3.95 to sign up.

Alas, I have no credit card, and the teranews folks have not replied
to my request as to how I could get the tiny amount of $3.95
to them without a credit card.

** They don't give credit cards to known crims.

............... Phil

Mikkel C. Simonsen

Phil Allison wrote:

Alas, I have no credit card, and the teranews folks have not replied
to my request as to how I could get the tiny amount of $3.95
to them without a credit card.

** They don't give credit cards to known crims.

How come I got one without even asking for it then?

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen
Ronald

When did you escape and find out ??

"Phil Allison" schreef in bericht
u...

"Patrick Turner"

A very kind reader sent me an email steering me towards
http://www.teranews.com/ who offers 50mB per day
at a one time cost of USD $3.95 to sign up.

Alas, I have no credit card, and the teranews folks have not replied
to my request as to how I could get the tiny amount of $3.95
to them without a credit card.

** They don't give credit cards to known crims.

.............. Phil

Phil Allison

"Mikkel C. Simonsen"

Phil Allison wrote:

** They don't give credit cards to known crims.

How come I got one without even asking for it then?

** So you are bragging that you are a stinking criminal ?????

............ Phil

Phil Allison

"Ronald"

When did you escape and find out ??

** What zoo are you posting from ????

............ Phil

Chris Berry

Patrick, one good turn deserves another...
You've been good to me:
http://news.individual.net/
It's not local to you but it's ISP independent.
cb

Ronald

LOL !!

"Phil Allison" schreef in bericht
u...

"Ronald"

When did you escape and find out ??

** What zoo are you posting from ????

........... Phil

Peter McMullin

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:46:23 +0200, "Chris Berry"
wrote:

http://news.individual.net/

Thanks for that, Chris. Added to my list of free news servers.

I just read their faq and hierarchies list, though, and find a couple
of downsides: strict requirement for valid reply addresses when
posting, and no alt.binaries.

For ISP independent, virtually free, nntp-based news, my best find so
far is Teranews. I can post as if I want, and get
good completion in abse and abpr always.

Cheers,
Peter

Chris Berry

s.com...
wrote:

http://news.individual.net/

Thanks for that, Chris. Added to my list of free news servers.

I just read their faq and hierarchies list, though, and find a couple
of downsides: strict requirement for valid reply addresses when
posting, and no alt.binaries.

For ISP independent, virtually free, nntp-based news, my best find so
far is Teranews. I can post as if I want, and get
good completion in abse and abpr always.

Well, at least we made the thread constructive...
I must admit though that the convict thing was funny coming from 2
Australians... considering the history... - Look at the bright side!
You probably have it already as uni-berlin has been providing it for some
while and it's quite popular.
For Patrick though - who has got a reply address - It's not a problem...
cb

Choky

"Ronald" wrote in message
When did you escape and find out ??

"Phil Allison" schreef in bericht
u...

"Patrick Turner"

A very kind reader sent me an email steering me towards
http://www.teranews.com/ who offers 50mB per day
at a one time cost of USD $3.95 to sign up.

Alas, I have no credit card, and the teranews folks have not replied
to my request as to how I could get the tiny amount of $3.95
to them without a credit card.

** They don't give credit cards to known crims.

.............. Phil

who is "Phil" ?

.................................................. ........................
Choky
Prodanovic Aleksandar
YU

"don't use force, "don't use force,
use a larger hammer" use a larger tube
- Choky and IST"
- ZM

Patrick Turner

Chris Berry wrote:

Patrick, one good turn deserves another...
You've been good to me:
http://news.individual.net/
It's not local to you but it's ISP independent.
cb

Thanks, I have bookmarked the site.
At present the group seems to be working OK,
so my polite letter accompanying an account payment addressed to the ISP
manager
from whom I gently asked for better service could have worked.
In the weeks prior to yesterday,
I think I was being told BS by a lowly employee fobbing me off with a BS
story
about a faulty upstream server.
I am allergic to being fobbed off, and to not getting a service which I
have paid for.

Patrick Turner.

Invitation to join the Yahoo Alesis Masterlink ML-9600 Discussion Group [email protected] Pro Audio 0 February 16th 05 02:36 AM
Fox "News" WillStG Pro Audio 14 July 3rd 04 04:07 PM
[Admin] Rec.Audio.High-End Newsgroup Guidelines RAHE Moderator High End Audio 0 March 7th 04 05:56 PM
how to access this without a news server. JohanWagener Car Audio 4 July 16th 03 02:59 AM