Max Holubitsky

Default want a laugh?

Read the text in this link

http://www.meixingaudio.com/ENGLISH/about.htm

Jon Yaeger

Interesting . . . wonder what they mean by "bowel management"? Maybe
they've been regular on R.A.T. . . . (sorry)

Gotta admit though, their grasp of English is a helluva lot better than mine
is of Mandarian!

Tai chien,

Jon

From: Max Holubitsky
Newsgroups: rec.audio.tubes
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 06:48:13 GMT
Subject: want a laugh?

Read the text in this link

http://www.meixingaudio.com/ENGLISH/about.htm

Patrick Turner

Jon Yaeger wrote:

Interesting . . . wonder what they mean by "bowel management"? Maybe
they've been regular on R.A.T. . . . (sorry)

Gotta admit though, their grasp of English is a helluva lot better than mine
is of Mandarian!

Tai chien,

Jon

WTF are they talking about?

"In order to strive for the markets share , we also aggrandizement the
bowel
management ,consummating the technology development ,quality testing ,
marketing , and after sales service ,
which has enhance the work efficiency and compete ability ."

Yes, there are english language words used, no doubt about that,
but I have some doubts if the author had the slightest idea of what he was
saying.

But I hear that his son attends a progessive school, and when he grows up,
his english will be 20 dB more comprehensible.
There is a picture of the chassis underside which looks positively rugged.
I think in 20 years, the asians will mature in their approach.
I probably will be a puff of smoke floating around,
and their market presence may completely dominate at all levels.

Patrick Turner.

From: Max Holubitsky
Newsgroups: rec.audio.tubes
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 06:48:13 GMT

Read the text in this link

http://www.meixingaudio.com/ENGLISH/about.htm

Robert Casey

Max Holubitsky wrote:

Read the text in this link

http://www.meixingaudio.com/ENGLISH/about.htm

I've seen worse. Back in the old days English written by Japanese people
was garbled even worse. Also those computer driven translator programs
produce results like this. Most of it is intelligible, except the line
about
"we also aggrandizement the bowel management ". Maybe should be
"back end"? Word and phrases rarely map 1 to 1 from one language to
another anyway.

Are those amps guitar amps? Other than the picture of the electric guitar
player, no other mention of what type of amps those are.

========
I'm having roast rabbit for Easter dinner. :-)

Jim McShane

"Robert Casey" wrote...

I've seen worse. Back in the old days English written
by Japanese people was garbled even worse. Also
those computer driven translator programs produce
results like this. Most of it is intelligible, except the

line
about "we also aggrandizement the bowel management ".
Maybe should be "back end"?

Just a few weeks ago I was reading a translation from
a German paper regarding the shows in Europe where
Brian Wilson was playing "Smile" (probably the most
famous unfinished pop/rock album of all time!) live. At
one point, the translation referred to an album prior to
"Smile" by Brian & the Beach Boys that was thought
by many to be the greatest album ever made... It was
titled (swear to God, according to the translation)...

"Fart Sounds"

I think that's a cool name, but I like "Pet Sounds" better.

Yikes!

Jim McShane
Need Tubes? Got a H-K Citation (Pre) Amp?
Check http://pages.prodigy.net/jimmcshane
Repro knobs for Citation gear in stock!

Ross Matheson

Robert Casey wrote:

[ ... ]

: Are those amps guitar amps? Other than the picture of the electric guitar
: player, no other mention of what type of amps those are.

Only takes a look at the product section:
http://www.meixingaudio.com/ENGLISH/products/index.htm
Yves

From a Frenchy:

I was told that, giving to translate the following sentence to a machine:
"Le Germanium est un semiconducteur",
it returned back:
"L'Allemand est la moitié d'un chef d'orchestre"

Could more English fluent people than me translate this in a less private
joke ?

Bonne journée, Yves.

Need Tubes? Got a H-K Citation (Pre) Amp?
Check http://pages.prodigy.net/jimmcshane
Repro knobs for Citation gear in stock!

"Jim McShane" wrote in message
. com...
"Robert Casey" wrote...

[...]

west

I think what they mean by bowel management is to pay attention to the small
"lower" things that make a company run smoothly. Like, for instance, the old
shipping clerk who knows how to salvage a distress shipping time promise or
in their case a "proof reader." This is the opposite of MBA mentality whose
main thrust seems to be the immediate bottom line. "let's replace old Ned
the shipping clerk with a new kid. That will save us plenty." 6 months down
the road shipping, which ultimately can reflect the whole image of a
company, is bogged down in a quagmire, because although the new kid is
proficient, he doesn't have the experience to know how to pull strings when
necessary. Maybe like giving the FED EX guy a box of his favorite cigars for
a crucial favor.
Oh well, you probably can tell that I have insomnia. Sorry for hogging the
soap box.
Cordially,
west

"Max Holubitsky" wrote in message
Read the text in this link

http://www.meixingaudio.com/ENGLISH/about.htm

Panzzi

Patrick Turner wrote in
:

[...]

I hate to say that, but wait until you can write Chinese as good as
their English, then might be you can laugh at them.

Sure there are a lot of grammer and typo in their web-site, but consider
that they are trying so hard just to let non-Chinese speaking folks like
you has a slim idea of what products they are offering.

I lived in USA for so long and didn't actually see the American has a
strong grammer background as well.

We already get used with the "You' all", "me and my wife", "what's up",
"what's going on", not mention that a lot of broken sentenses and
incomplete sentenses.

Not only Chinese, but Japanese, German, French, Spanish, and so on...
They translate their languages to English because YOU CAN'T SPEAK THEIR
LANGUAGES! Consider that as a shortcoming.

Panzzi
Don

says...

Patrick Turner wrote in
:

[...]

Yo soy americano, pero puedo hablar en espanol, y tambien, si yo voy 3,000
miles, todas las personas hablando en anglais. Creo que este no es possible in
europa. Pienso que "aggrandizement the bowel management" es de uno
dictionario, palabra-a-palabra.

Sander deWaal

Panzzi said:

I hate to say that, but wait until you can write Chinese as good as
their English, then might be you can laugh at them.

Sure there are a lot of grammer and typo in their web-site, but consider
that they are trying so hard just to let non-Chinese speaking folks like
you has a slim idea of what products they are offering.

I lived in USA for so long and didn't actually see the American has a
strong grammer background as well.

We already get used with the "You' all", "me and my wife", "what's up",
"what's going on", not mention that a lot of broken sentenses and
incomplete sentenses.

Not only Chinese, but Japanese, German, French, Spanish, and so on...
They translate their languages to English because YOU CAN'T SPEAK THEIR
LANGUAGES! Consider that as a shortcoming.

While I partially agree with you, there's a simple law invoked he
When you're selling something, be sure to speak the language of your
intended buying public.
Somehow I don't think there are many Chinese people buying tube
amplifiers.

BTW: I'm Dutch and I'm used to speak the language of my customers,
which is mostly German or English.
You don't get very far with Dutch in this world :-)

--
Sander deWaal
Vacuum Audio Consultancy
Peter Völpel

Sander deWaal wrote:

Not only Chinese, but Japanese, German, French, Spanish, and so on...
They translate their languages to English because YOU CAN'T SPEAK THEIR
LANGUAGES! Consider that as a shortcoming.

While I partially agree with you, there's a simple law invoked he
When you're selling something, be sure to speak the language of your
intended buying public.
Somehow I don't think there are many Chinese people buying tube
amplifiers.

BTW: I'm Dutch and I'm used to speak the language of my customers,
which is mostly German or English.
You don't get very far with Dutch in this world :-)

do not forget that the dutch people learn English and German without
much
effort from unsynronized television movies which the chinese probably
miss.
For the chinese people it might be as difficult as for us learning their
language.
I wonder if the original poster writes Mandarin or German for us to
laugh about.

Peter
Panzzi

Peter Völpel wrote in
:

do not forget that the dutch people learn English and German without
much
effort from unsynronized television movies which the chinese probably
miss.
For the chinese people it might be as difficult as for us learning
their language.
I wonder if the original poster writes Mandarin or German for us to
laugh about.

Peter

I speak and write Chinese fluently. I speak and write English...
alright.

Back home, if a foreigner tried to speak (forget about writing) Chinese
in front of us, it is very very very rude, unpolite to laugh at him/her
because we are laughing at someone who respect our country.

While the original poster laughing at someone else English, I don't know
if he is a English language professor?

Panzzi
Choky

"Panzzi" wrote in message
19...
Peter Völpel wrote in
:

[...]

plain poooftaaaaaah!

or Pooooftaaaah's Professor?!

.................................................. ........................
Choky
Prodanovic Aleksandar
YU

"don't use force, "don't use force,
use a larger hammer" use a larger tube
- Choky and IST"
- ZM

Steven Jones

Max Holubitsky wrote:

Read the text in this link

http://www.meixingaudio.com/ENGLISH/about.htm

In mid 80's I purchased a Yamaha system: DX7, TX816, RX11 and a QX1
sequencer. The manuals where obviously translations from a non English
speaker. In one place they meant to say "...for future reference..." but
the translation was "... for torture reference..." which it truly was.
Fred Nachbaur

Steven Jones wrote:
Max Holubitsky wrote:

Read the text in this link

http://www.meixingaudio.com/ENGLISH/about.htm

In mid 80's I purchased a Yamaha system: DX7, TX816, RX11 and a QX1
sequencer. The manuals where obviously translations from a non English
speaker. In one place they meant to say "...for future reference..." but
the translation was "... for torture reference..." which it truly was.

As a musician, you'll appreciate this rather cute Nipponification:

http://forum.nifty.com/fmidicla/htmls/ichou.html

(Go down about 1/3 of the page to "Horn written by old style", observe
spelling of "Treble clef" and "Bass clef")

Cheers,
Fred
| Music: http://www3.telus.net/dogstarmusic/ |
| Projects: http://dogstar.dantimax.dk |

MaxH

Choky wrote:

"Panzzi" wrote in message
19...
Peter Völpel wrote in
:

[...]

Ok first of all, I'm not laughing at a foreign person with limited English
skills who is ordering in a restaurant, or to talking to me personally. I would
never do that, and I'm sorry if I offended anyone by posting that link.

This is a company which is spending money trying to market its products to an
English speaking market. The photos are high quality, look very professional,
and the layout of the site is nice too. The product line is diverse, and appears
well made. The incomprehensible English seems to contradict everything else
about the company, which is why I found humor in it. The products are obviously
not the work of a one man show, but rather a company who really should have the
resources to at least get their advertising copy proof read before publishing it
for the world to see. I highly doubt that trying to expand one's market has
anything to do with respect for someone else's country, so I believe that
argument is totally invalid.

I made no comment on the product, because despite the language problems, it
appears to speak for itself.

Panzzi

MaxH wrote in :

Ok first of all, I'm not laughing at a foreign person with limited
English skills who is ordering in a restaurant, or to talking to me
personally. I would never do that, and I'm sorry if I offended anyone
by posting that link.

I apologize for my over-react as well. After carefully reading your post
this time, I realized that you only type a wrong subject name!

I totally agree with what you said, they should have somebody to proof read
their web-site content before published it to the world.

As a matter of fact, I am actually using their products here in the USA and
they are very good products. I have their pre-amp and the monoblocks.

Have a nice day!

Panzzi
Choky

"MaxH" wrote in message ...

Choky wrote:

"Panzzi" wrote in message
19...
Peter Völpel wrote in
:

[...]

)

.................................................. ........................
Choky
Prodanovic Aleksandar
YU

"don't use force, "don't use force,
use a larger hammer" use a larger tube
- Choky and IST"
- ZM

Fred Nachbaur

MaxH wrote:

[...]

[...]

Another thought that has just occurred to me -- this company is most
likely not trying to appeal to the end user; I don't get the sense that
they're particularly interested in selling their wares one at a time.

Rather, I see their website as a "fishing expedition" to attract outside
distributors. In this light, their babelfish English might actually work
to their advantage, in encouraging such potential distributors to write
their own documentation, rather than relying on the Chinese authors.
(Let's face it, no matter how they try, they will probably never attain
the facile command of English technical and marketing writing required
to get such a product known and accepted in the Western world).

Who knows - maybe the highly successful (in tube terms, anyway) Jolida
enterprise started out with just such a website or faxed circular
written in broken English - but portraying a product worth distributing.

Just some more ramblings on an interesting subject...

Cheers,
Fred
| Music: http://www3.telus.net/dogstarmusic/ |
| Projects: http://dogstar.dantimax.dk |

Bob Hedberg

I worked with a guy from Singapore, and he told me english is used
because those other languages can't accurately describe technical
things easily, and english is able to. For what it's worth.

Bob H.

Panzzi wrote:

Patrick Turner wrote in
:

[...]

Just grab that plate in one hand, the chassis in the other,
and FEEL the power of tube audio!!!
(not literally, of course, just kidding. DON'T DO THAT!)
Rich Andrews.

Fred Nachbaur wrote in news:RHbfc.12653$dg7.1664
@edtnps84:

Steven Jones wrote:
Max Holubitsky wrote:

Read the text in this link

http://www.meixingaudio.com/ENGLISH/about.htm

In mid 80's I purchased a Yamaha system: DX7, TX816, RX11 and a QX1
sequencer. The manuals where obviously translations from a non English
speaker. In one place they meant to say "...for future reference..."

but
the translation was "... for torture reference..." which it truly was.

As a musician, you'll appreciate this rather cute Nipponification:

http://forum.nifty.com/fmidicla/htmls/ichou.html

(Go down about 1/3 of the page to "Horn written by old style", observe
spelling of "Treble clef" and "Bass clef")

Cheers,
Fred

There was a Sony Broadcast manual that said the "signal is sprit 2 ways".
It may have been the BVU-800 manual. Then there is the Tektronix manual
for a vectorscope or WFM that in the diagram for the external sync
injection circuit, there was a drawing of an outhouse with a sink hanging
on the outside of it. Another Tektronix funny was the rear connector
pinout diagram for a 661 oscilloscope. The connector was a 80+ pin
connector and each pin was labeled on the sheet. In the corner was an a
rather confused looking octopus scratching his head.