Ron

Default Question About Damping Material

Sorry if this is a repost. I posted this question about 5 hrs ago and it
hasn't shown.

To my understanding the reason for damping material is so the sound
waves don't bounce off of the back/sides of the enclosure and back into
the driver causing distortion.

How does adding more damping fool the enclosure into thinking it is
bigger?

I would think that adding something to a box would make it smaller...LOL

thelizman

Ron wrote:
Sorry if this is a repost. I posted this question about 5 hrs ago and it
hasn't shown.

You need to wait longer, then.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

Before you ask a question, check the FAQs for this newsgroup at
http://www.mobileaudio.com/rac-faq. It contains over a decade and
a half of knowledge.

teamROCS Car Audio Forums http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.
thelizman

Ron wrote:

Post from WEBTV's news server are supposed show up anywhere from 1-30
minutes. I waited 5 hrs! LOL

WebTV is owned by Microsoft. Don't believe any performance figures they
give you. Ever.