José Luis Amores

Default Speakers

Hello. I want to purchase a pa system for my electric piano and synths. I
play in a jazz piano trio. (elec.piano, elec.bass and drums). But i only
want to use it for my elec.piano and synths. We play in small clubs...
I have think to buy a Behringer pmx2000 and 2 speakers. My decission is
clear about the Behringer but i dont know what speakers must i buy.
I have this options (for the price):
-2 x Yamaha s12e - 332euros. 2x15kg - 65-14khz
-2 x Peavey st12 - 222euros.2x14.5kg - 80-20khz
-2 x Peavey pro-112 - 330euros.2x16.5kg - 60-22khz
-1 x Jbl Eon 1500 - 299euros.1x17.3kg - 55-16kgz.
Low weight is very important for me, this is why i choose mainly 12's. I
like the yamaha s12e the most because the weight is just 15 kg each. But the
frecuency response is lowest in highs, so i dont know if it is good option
for the synths and piano. I dont like very much the peavey st12 because it
has the piezo tweeters. I am not looking at the low range because i dont
play in the low notes too much.

Thanks for the help.

José Luis Amores

Please, help me. Would the Yamahas s12e be decent to play electric pianos a
synths?
Will they have any problem because they are only 125W RMS and the Behringer
amp is 180W?.
Thanks for the help.

"José Luis Amores" escribió en el mensaje
[...]

zero

Try asking over at :_alt.audio.pro.live-sound_.

HTH,
zero

"Jos=E9 Luis Amores" wrote in message =
Please, help me. Would the Yamahas s12e be decent to play electric =

pianos a
synths?
Will they have any problem because they are only 125W RMS and the =

Behringer
amp is 180W?.
Thanks for the help.
=20
=20
"Jos=E9 Luis Amores" escribi=F3 en el mensaje
[...]

---

"Jose Luis Amores" wrote:
Please, help me. Would the Yamahas s12e be decent to play electric pianos a
synths?
Will they have any problem because they are only 125W RMS and the Behringer
amp is 180W?.

No that will be fine. For the electric piano and your venues you probably
have way more power than you need. Bass takes lots of power but
you don't intend to use low notes. The slight over-power on the speaker
will not be a problem PROVIDED you NEVER drive that amp into
clipping! Clipping in the amp can easily blow a speaker! Usually these
are things only bass players have to deal with.

I'd say the yamaha are fine. The JBL is fine too though heavier.
My view is that piezo tweeters are harsh. I'd avoid them for
keys. My bass rig has them, but a bass doesn't rely much
on extreme highs. As for the limited roll off of the Yamaha.
I'm quessing that it won't be a problem. You are amplifying an
instrument so TONE and not accuracy is the important factor.
Often speakers with extended range can be peaky and harsh
(eg.piezo) The limited high end might only be a problem with
a synth sound that is very industrial with lots of super
high harmonics. The roll off could make you lose some "edge"
to your sound in that case. But for plain old jazz the roll
off will probably make you sound BETTER!

If it were me, I'd go and try to make a comparison of the
Yamaha and the JBL speakers with your keys through them.
Then pick the one with the best "Tone" factoring in other
items like look, weight, etc. Probably either one will
work fine.

Benj
(And oh yeah, since this is R.A.P. I forgot to add "use a SM57!")

--
Due to SPAM innundation above address is turned off!

José Luis Amores

Thanks for the help.
I have ordered the yamahas today. I am buying online and where i live i have
no oportunitties to hear these speakers.
I have seen a pack in an online store wich is exactly the Behringer+Yamaha
so i think is correct that they match well each other.
Thanks again for the words.

"Jose Luis Amores" wrote:s