Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] tompauleast@gmail.com is offline

Default The Gear Orphanage Rip off alert!!!

About 18 months ago I bought a Dizengoff D4 Mic Pre from The Gear Orphanage.. It buzzed intermittantly. Within 1 week I sent and email to Gear Orphanage where I stated the problem and thought it should go back to them. I called them and they said that they did not have a replacement unit but I should deal with Matt at Dizengoof directly to get it repaired. Basically, the Gear Orphanage was being lazy and hoping to avoid shipping costs.

I sent it Dizengoff and he could not reproduce the buzz so he returned it to me. The buzz came back shortly afterwards. I recorded the buzz and sent an email to Dizengoff and they said they knew exactly what that was and to return it again for repair..at a shipping cost of $32.00 to me.

Weeks go by and I hear nothing. I try to contact Dizengoff and find they are out of business. I call the Gear Orphange and say that I can't get my unit back....I want a refund or replacement. Their 1st response was, "you should have told us about it within a month of buying it" . I send them the a copy of the email that I sent a week after buying it saying that they should take it back. Now they are saying that because I dealt with Dizengoff directly that they have no responsibility for the unit anymore. The Gear Orphanage told me to deal directly with Dizengoff! I am out $732.00!!!! I never dealt with an audio company that wasn't 100% about customer service.

Deal with Gear Orphanage at you own risk!!!!!!!
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

wrote:
Weeks go by and I hear nothing. I try to contact Dizengoff and find they a=
re out of business. I call the Gear Orphange and say that I can't get my un=
it back....I want a refund or replacement. Their 1st response was, "you sho=
uld have told us about it within a month of buying it" . I send them the a =
copy of the email that I sent a week after buying it saying that they shoul=
d take it back. Now they are saying that because I dealt with Dizengoff dir=
ectly that they have no responsibility for the unit anymore. The Gear Orpha=
nage told me to deal directly with Dizengoff! I am out $732.00!!!! I never =
dealt with an audio company that wasn't 100% about customer service.=20

So call your credit card company and decline the charges. It might be a bit
late now, but the reason why you use a credit card is so you get that sort of
protection.

I have never heard of Dizengoff... but... perhaps this might be some indication
of why they went out of business...

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] baabyat45@gmail.com is offline

Gear Orphanage was able to finally get ahold of Matt at Dizengoff and he is going to return my unit with a replaced voltage regulator. Dizengoff is out of business.

This is resolved to my satisfaction.

Stolen gear alert Jenn[_2_] Audio Opinions 11 July 15th 08 07:45 PM
stolen gear alert Lugnuts Pro Audio 4 July 14th 08 09:17 PM
Stolen Gear Alert hank alrich Marketplace 0 November 30th 07 06:40 AM
Stolen Gear Alert hank alrich Pro Audio 0 November 30th 07 04:42 AM
Stolen Gear Alert! John L Rice Pro Audio 1 March 15th 06 03:56 PM