Me

Default MP3 Tuner Deck (with no amps!!)

I am having a hard time finding an MP3-capable tuner deck to replace
my KDC-MP8017, which is starting to have CD-tracking errors. I believe
it is due to a combination of generated heat and the additional of the
Oklahoma sun. As all my speakers are drivien off amps anyway, I am
looking for an MP3 head unit with no internal amp. Does anyone know of
any companies that make something like this??? Thanks!!!

Nate
Mike Graham

In article , Me wrote:

Oklahoma sun. As all my speakers are drivien off amps anyway, I am
looking for an MP3 head unit with no internal amp. Does anyone know of
any companies that make something like this??? Thanks!!!

I'm no expert (1) but I wouldn't expect that the internal amp would be
putting out much heat since the *input* side of the external amps would have
screw-all for draw. No?

(1) major hyperbole of the first order!

http://www.metalmangler.com| Caledon, Ontario, Canada
-E-F-F-E-N-D-I-

I think Eclipse makes something like what you are looking for. The CD8053
and 8443 will do that with no built in ampifiers and higher voltage RCA
preouts. You have to buy the Eclipse Commander though to get MP3 Playback.

EFFENDI

"Me" wrote in message
I am having a hard time finding an MP3-capable tuner deck to replace
my KDC-MP8017, which is starting to have CD-tracking errors. I believe
it is due to a combination of generated heat and the additional of the
Oklahoma sun. As all my speakers are drivien off amps anyway, I am
looking for an MP3 head unit with no internal amp. Does anyone know of
any companies that make something like this??? Thanks!!!

Nate

Lex

Personally if you are running off of indpendent amps I would go with an
eclipse 8053 which has no internal amp and 16 v. balanced preouts, there are
a few downfalls though. 1. Need the eclipse commander to do mp3 (keep in
mind this adds tons of other nifty features)
2. not a lot of amps like the 16 v. balanced preouts
3. Price.. not a cheap setup

Pros are a built in eq/dsp built in cross overs, and the other nifty stuff
that the eclipse commander provides
"Me" wrote in message
I am having a hard time finding an MP3-capable tuner deck to replace
my KDC-MP8017, which is starting to have CD-tracking errors. I believe
it is due to a combination of generated heat and the additional of the
Oklahoma sun. As all my speakers are drivien off amps anyway, I am
looking for an MP3 head unit with no internal amp. Does anyone know of
any companies that make something like this??? Thanks!!!

Nate

Paul Vina

I like the Eclipse HU's as well. If they hadn't taken so long to bring out
the 8V HU's I would have one of them in my car instead of the Pioneer
AVH-P6400CD I have now.

Paul Vina