Connie Hines

Default Support from the Linux community??? Is this some kind of a JOKE????

I keep hearing about how great Linux is and how it is community
supported (ie:help files are few and far between) and so forth but yet
just looking around the various Linux USENET groups scares the hell out
of me.

These Linux people seem to really have a chip on their collective
shoulders.
I asked a simple question about Ardour in an Ardour mailing list and I
was met with what could be called the great wall of china.

First they called me an idiot.
Second they told me not to use Linux XXX but Linux YYY and that my
hardware was not up to the task and that I screwed up the install and
so forth.
It was horrible.

So tell me, why the hell on earth would I want to use an operating
system and ancillary programs that are mainly supported by a collection
of self righteous fools who think that their **** doesn't stink and
mine does?
Just for reference, my **** stinks......
Connie.

Liam Slider

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 17:08:58 -0700, Connie Hines wrote:

snip

First they called me an idiot.

Actually, first we called you Flatfish.

That's because you...

A) are crossposting with rec.audio.pro

B) are posting from Google

C) have a yahoo email address

D) are using a Korean proxy server....again.

So Flatfish....when are you going to get around to explaining your claim
about the Totem media player? You know, the one about it crashing while it
burns coasters?
Ralph

Connie Hines wrote:

I asked a simple question about Ardour in an Ardour mailing list and I
was met with what could be called the great wall of china.

Odd, I did a search on your ID and found no prior posting history for you.
flatfish+++

on Fri June 10 01:08 am Connie flatfish Hines wrote:

I keep hea ..

snip

Running out of aliases again flattie. Would any of these help

Bruce Clacker BrownMullet
Rabbi Levi ben LupKock
Dick Van Santorum
Randy FudgePacker
Senior Alfombra DeLimpieza CarpetMuncher
Shelia Hairburger Laycock
Senora TuppenceLicker DelaManta
Heir Spelunker MuffDiver KlapFlap
Sir Percy MuffinBuster Longfellow
Professor AardVark Aztec Two-Step
Dr. Beaver DuckButter Jizz-Worthy
Honourable Obasan Nose-Bleeder Poontang-San åÙ¡½[ª´]¡¼Þ¬ú졽[ªÏªÊª¸]¡¼ªÜªÜ

------
English as a Second F*cking Language

Tim Smith

In article .com,
"Connie Hines" wrote:
These Linux people seem to really have a chip on their collective
shoulders. I asked a simple question about Ardour in an Ardour
mailing list and I was met with what could be called the great wall
of china.

What is your connection with the Daejon Metropolitan Office of Education
in Korea?

Maybe you'd get a better reception on mailing lists if you weren't
stealing network resources from open relays.

--
--Tim Smith

Jim

Connie Hines wrote:
snip drivel
Just for reference, my **** stinks......

TMI, Flatty.

--
Cheers,

Jim

-begin sig-
Opinions expressed in this message may or may not be representative of
the opinions of its author. You decide.
Linux is not /user-friendly/. It *is* user-friendly. It is not
ignorant-friendly, nor is it idiot-friendly.

Web: http://www.dotware.co.uk
http://www.dotware-entertainment.co.uk

This is a battle of wits, and it is clear you are unarmed.

-end sig-
Jim

Liam Slider wrote:
On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 17:08:58 -0700, Connie Hines wrote:

snip

First they called me an idiot.

Actually, first we called you Flatfish.

That's because you...

A) are crossposting with rec.audio.pro

B) are posting from Google

C) have a yahoo email address

D) are using a Korean proxy server....again.

So Flatfish....when are you going to get around to explaining your claim
about the Totem media player? You know, the one about it crashing while it
burns coasters?

lmao! I'd forgotten about that!

--
Cheers,

Jim

-begin sig-
Opinions expressed in this message may or may not be representative of
the opinions of its author. You decide.
Linux is not /user-friendly/. It *is* user-friendly. It is not
ignorant-friendly, nor is it idiot-friendly.

Web: http://www.dotware.co.uk
http://www.dotware-entertainment.co.uk

This is a battle of wits, and it is clear you are unarmed.

-end sig-
Connie Hines

And there you have it ladies and gentlemen.
This is EXACTLY the same kind of nasty treatment I have received on the
mailing lists for more than one Linux program.
Is any proof offered by these idiots?
They use this Flatfish thing like some kind of a trump card when they
can't handle the truth and in effect they act like a lynch mob ganging
up on the poster.
So where is even a shred of proof of their claims?
They have none, as usual.
I posted this to several Linux groups, that the current Linux vs mac vs
windows audio debate has been posted to.
The mailing lists were Ardour and Alsa which are both Linux audio
programs. So tell me, are the Linux people so afraid that the truth be
known that they are a crazy bunch of lunatics?

Trying to exaplain virtually ANYTHING to these fanatics is like trying
to convert Moonies to Catholicism.

I'm sorry but these fools have made their beds, proven their lunacy
time and time again and now that a small handful of people are actually
trying Linux, the chickens are coming home to roost and if they don't
like it tough.
Maybe they should either grow up, or stop attempting to advocate Linux
because they don't seem to be too good at either cause.
Connie

Connie Hines =EC=9E=91=EC=84=B1:
[...]

Ralph

Connie Hines wrote:

And there you have it ladies and gentlemen.

And there you have it, someone comes in and lies about their experience
then complains about getting caught.
Rick

[...]

I don't know ... I wouldn't want to use windows either.

--
Rick
http://ricks-place.tripod.com/sound/2cents.wav

CBFalconer

Rick wrote:
On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 17:08:58 -0700, Connie Hines wrote:

.... snip ...

So tell me, why the hell on earth would I want to use an operating
system and ancillary programs that are mainly supported by a
collection of self righteous fools who think that their **** doesn't
stink and mine does? Just for reference, my **** stinks...... Connie.

I don't know ... I wouldn't want to use windows either.

PLONK stupid thread.

mikek

Rick wrote:
On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 17:08:58 -0700, Connie Hines wrote:

I keep hearing about how great Linux is and how it is community supported
(ie:help files are few and far between) and so forth but yet just looking
around the various Linux USENET groups scares the hell out of me.

If you won't help ask politly in the forums, that a lot of these oss
projects have or a MODERATED usenet group. Unmoderated Usenet is 80%
(approximate)useless with religous lunnatics (a lot of linux/apple
posters), trolls, spam, idiots,
Ralph

mikek "mikekcenter dash usenet at yahoo dot com dot au" wrote:

(approximate)useless with religous lunnatics (a lot of linux/apple
posters), trolls, spam, idiots,

I like how you ignore the wintrolls that sit in Linux groups pussing the MS
religion!

your User-agent Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0 (Windows/20041206)

Take you religious preaching elsewhere. There is NOTHING worse than a
Windows user trolling a Linux group. Well, other than a Mac user doing it.
Peter T. Breuer

In comp.os.linux.misc Connie Hines wrote:
First they called me an idiot.

That's probably your problem, then. They're the experts in the field
you asked about, after all.

It was horrible.

Well, that's probably a result of the first problem.

So tell me, why the hell on earth would I want to use an operating
system and ancillary programs that are mainly supported by a collection
of self righteous fools who think that their **** doesn't stink and
mine does?

Because they're probably right. Evidence? People who are competent
generally behave like they are competent and so don't ask silly
questions in newsgroups that would get them labelled as "idiot" level
if they asked that.

Intelligence shines through when the possessor has it (ahem,
tautloooooology).

Just for reference, my **** stinks......

Ya.

Peter
Buford

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 17:08:58 -0700, Connie Hines wrote:

I asked a simple question about Ardour in an Ardour mailing list

I already don't believe you, flattie. No need to read further.

Kier

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 20:10:25 -0700, Connie Hines wrote:

And there you have it ladies and gentlemen.
This is EXACTLY the same kind of nasty treatment I have received on the
mailing lists for more than one Linux program.

Liar.

Is any proof offered by these idiots?

Do we need any more, after the thousandth time?

They use this Flatfish thing like some kind of a trump card when they
can't handle the truth and in effect they act like a lynch mob ganging
up on the poster.

Oh you do make me laugh. You are an utter fraud, yet here you come again
peddling the same stale lies and expecting us to believe it.

So where is even a shred of proof of their claims?
They have none, as usual.

After the thousandth time of proving it, we need none. We know who you are
and what you are. Same transparent MO as ever.

I posted this to several Linux groups, that the current Linux vs mac vs
windows audio debate has been posted to.
The mailing lists were Ardour and Alsa which are both Linux audio
programs. So tell me, are the Linux people so afraid that the truth be
known that they are a crazy bunch of lunatics?

What truth? You wouldn't know the truth if it dropped on you from orbit.

Trying to exaplain virtually ANYTHING to these fanatics is like trying
to convert Moonies to Catholicism.

I'm sorry but these fools have made their beds, proven their lunacy
time and time again and now that a small handful of people are actually
trying Linux, the chickens are coming home to roost and if they don't
like it tough.

No, we don't like your stupid lying trolls.

Maybe they should either grow up, or stop attempting to advocate Linux
because they don't seem to be too good at either cause.

And you do any good at all, anywhere? You're the lunatic here, not any of
us. Get some help for your condition. You're sick. You appear to have no
life beyond making up this nonsense day after day after day.

--
Kier

chrisv

Connie Hines (Flatfish) wrote:

(snip troll)

*plonk*

JEDIDIAH

On 2005-06-10, Connie Hines wrote:
I keep hearing about how great Linux is and how it is community
supported (ie:help files are few and far between) and so forth but yet
just looking around the various Linux USENET groups scares the hell out
of me.

Well, if those phone bank drones weren't depending on a paycheck
they would probably treat you the same way.

[deletia]

There's a big difference between "being helpful" and putting up
with "stupid ****" or "tolerating fools".

--
The best OS in the world is ultimately useless |||
if it is controlled by a Tramiel, Jobs or Gates. / | \