Dan

Default Portable mp3 player headphones

On 6/20/2005 12:59 AM, Pink_isn't_well wrote:
I recently bought a portable mp3 player from Transcend. I was
impressed with its features and stuff and it works flawlessly up to
now.

I tried to plug in some other headphones than the ones included in
the box and the sound was WAY too quiet! I plugged the included
headphones in my pc speakers and I noticed that the seem to be
"amplifying" the sound.

My question is, what would happen if the included headphones die on
me or if I simply lose them? Will I have to apply gain to every
single mp3 file I want to listen on this player? Can I find
headphones to replace them should that ever happen?

If you plugged in regular stereo headphones, an mp3 player is not going
to have enough power to drive them. Make sure you headphones are rated
for use with mp3 players. The Koss PortaPro's are very nice and sound
great.