Need help identifying car stereo pinouts Pioneer KP-4440 cassette deck

Old August 8th 03, 11:07 PM
feklar

Default Need help identifying car stereo pinouts Pioneer KP-4440 cassette deck

Does anyone have the pinout information? Pioneer KP-4440 cassette
deck.

No wires on this one except the antenna connector, just 8 pins
sticking out a connector jack on the back.

If anyone has the info I would greatly appreciate it.

If I have to open it up to decide for myself, no doubt I can figure
most of it out, but how could I tell the difference between the front
and the rear channels? The rear channels are higher powered, right?

I suppose it uses an STK chip, where might I find the pinouts for
STKs?

Is this a Supertuner? Its obviously post-Supertuner 1 era but I don't
see "Supertuner" on it anywhere...

http://www.avsl.net/805880.jpg

now you are really screwed
http://www.infernalpress.com/Columns/election.html
http://www.scoop.co.nz/mason/stories/HL0307/S00065.htm
Old August 9th 03, 01:24 AM
Jeff

"feklar" > wrote in message
> Does anyone have the pinout information? Pioneer KP-4440 cassette
> deck.
>
> No wires on this one except the antenna connector, just 8 pins
> sticking out a connector jack on the back.
>
> If anyone has the info I would greatly appreciate it.
>
> If I have to open it up to decide for myself, no doubt I can figure
> most of it out, but how could I tell the difference between the front
> and the rear channels? The rear channels are higher powered, right?

Open it they usually mark the PCB.
No, the front and rear are usually the same rating.

> I suppose it uses an STK chip, where might I find the pinouts for
> STKs?

No.

> Is this a Supertuner? Its obviously post-Supertuner 1 era but I don't
> see "Supertuner" on it anywhere...

Marked if it is, no mark, no its not.
Jeff

Old August 9th 03, 06:20 PM
Russ Lavergne

Call pioneeer.

Old August 10th 03, 10:46 PM
Christopher Bailey

Metra, Best, and probably several other harness companies sell the plug you
need. Go to your local stereo shop and ask if you could look at one if they
have it.
-Chris