No sound

Old October 20th 20, 09:01 AM posted to rec.audio.tech
Dieter Britz[_3_]

Default No sound

I get no sound on my Thinkpad running under Kubuntu when
I try to play an mp3 file, both with Amarok and Audacity.
I suspect it's some system setting. Any ideas?

The sound system does work, for example I get sound from
Youtube clips.

--
Dieter Britz
Old October 20th 20, 03:32 PM posted to rec.audio.tech
Dieter Britz[_3_]

On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 08:01:09 +0000, Dieter Britz wrote:

> I get no sound on my Thinkpad running under Kubuntu when I try to play
> an mp3 file, both with Amarok and Audacity.
> I suspect it's some system setting. Any ideas?
>
> The sound system does work, for example I get sound from Youtube clips.

Forget it, I upgraded and they work now. Strange that they didn't
before but it's now academic, as they say.

--
Dieter Britz