The truth about cables !

Old October 4th 20, 02:15 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

Default The truth about cables !

https://www.prosoundweb.com/revealin...io-wire-cable/

Old October 4th 20, 09:14 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
John Williamson

On 04/10/2020 02:15, geoff wrote:
> https://www.prosoundweb.com/revealin...io-wire-cable/
>

> geoff

Nicked for a pro audio forum I follow on Farcebook. Some of themmight
actually believe it... ;-)

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Old October 4th 20, 03:03 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford[_2_]

On Saturday, October 3, 2020 at 9:15:22 PM UTC-4, geoff wrote:
> https://www.prosoundweb.com/revealin...io-wire-cable/
>
> geoff

Sadly, some people will actually believe this.

Ty Ford
Old October 4th 20, 04:21 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Ralph Barone[_3_]

Ty Ford > wrote:
> On Saturday, October 3, 2020 at 9:15:22 PM UTC-4, geoff wrote:
>> https://www.prosoundweb.com/revealin...io-wire-cable/
>>
>> geoff

> Sadly, some people will actually believe this.
>
> Ty Ford

The part about placing your amplifier above your speakers is clearly wrong.
In a copper wire, the free electrons each weigh about 118,000 times LESS
than the ions in the stationary copper lattice. Because of this, electrons
tend to float in the denser atoms. Therefore, for “fast” bass, you should
put the amp BELOW the speakers, so that the electrons can float upwards.

I tell you, there are so many misconceptions out there...
Old October 4th 20, 06:35 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Roy W. Rising

On Saturday, October 3, 2020 at 6:15:22 PM UTC-7, geoff wrote:
> https://www.prosoundweb.com/revealin...io-wire-cable/
>
> geoff

I always get better mileage driving down to San Diego from Los Angeles than I do driving back up. I met Fred Ampel decades ago. He gave me the expression "Fire Bottle". The Brits call them "valves".

~ Roy "If you notice the *sound*, it's wrong."
Old October 5th 20, 03:48 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford[_2_]

On Sunday, October 4, 2020 at 1:35:49 PM UTC-4, Roy W. Rising wrote:
> On Saturday, October 3, 2020 at 6:15:22 PM UTC-7, geoff wrote:
> > https://www.prosoundweb.com/revealin...io-wire-cable/
> >
> > geoff

> I always get better mileage driving down to San Diego from Los Angeles than I do driving back up. I met Fred Ampel decades ago. He gave me the expression "Fire Bottle". The Brits call them "valves".
>
> ~ Roy "If you notice the *sound*, it's wrong."

Mr. Rising!! So good to see your name on my screen! Cheers!

Ty Ford
Old October 5th 20, 09:17 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

My theory about cables is that they are long and skinny. This is because
if they were short and fat they would not go all the way. They are made
with connectors at either end, but they are never the right connectors.
This is why there is a bag of adaptors next to the bag of cables. Cables
are transmission lines except what they are not. That is my theory about
cables.

Old October 5th 20, 10:46 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Michael Beacom[_4_]

On 2020-10-04 15:21:33 +0000, Ralph Barone said:

> Ty Ford > wrote:
>> On Saturday, October 3, 2020 at 9:15:22 PM UTC-4, geoff wrote:
>>> https://www.prosoundweb.com/revealin...io-wire-cable/
>>>

>>> geoff

>> Sadly, some people will actually believe this.
>>
>> Ty Ford
>>

> The part about placing your amplifier above your speakers is clearly wrong.
> In a copper wire, the free electrons each weigh about 118,000 times LESS
> than the ions in the stationary copper lattice. Because of this, electrons
> tend to float in the denser atoms. Therefore, for “fast” bass, you should
> put the amp BELOW the speakers, so that the electrons can float upwards.
>
> I tell you, there are so many misconceptions out there...

Everybody knows that you should ultrasonically weld the layer of silver
onto the copper wire. Electroplating uses up all the free electrons.

Old October 5th 20, 10:54 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 6/10/2020 10:46 am, Michael Beacom wrote:
> On 2020-10-04 15:21:33 +0000, Ralph Barone said:
>
>> Ty Ford > wrote:

>>> Sadly, some people will actually believe this.
>>>
>>> Ty Ford
>>>

>> The part about placing your amplifier above your speakers is clearly
>> wrong.
>> In a copper wire, the free electrons each weigh about 118,000 times LESS
>> than the ions in the stationary copper lattice. Because of this,
>> electrons
>> tend to float in the denser atoms. Therefore, for “fast” bass, you should
>> put the amp BELOW the speakers, so that the electrons can float upwards.
>>
>> I tell you, there are so many misconceptions out there...

> Everybody knows that you should ultrasonically weld the layer of silver
> onto the copper wire. Electroplating uses up all the free electrons.

Extends the HF response too.

Old October 6th 20, 02:50 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
sTeeVee

On Sunday, October 4, 2020 at 11:21:40 AM UTC-4, Ralph Barone wrote:
> Ty Ford > wrote:
> > On Saturday, October 3, 2020 at 9:15:22 PM UTC-4, geoff wrote:
> >> https://www.prosoundweb.com/revealin...io-wire-cable/
> >>
> >> geoff

> > Sadly, some people will actually believe this.
> >
> > Ty Ford
> >

> The part about placing your amplifier above your speakers is clearly wrong.
> In a copper wire, the free electrons each weigh about 118,000 times LESS
> than the ions in the stationary copper lattice. Because of this, electrons
> tend to float in the denser atoms. Therefore, for “fast” bass, you should
> put the amp BELOW the speakers, so that the electrons can float upwards.
>
> I tell you, there are so many misconceptions out there...

Is that what is referred to as "floater"? I'm a noobee, I dunno. I like fast bass anyways.
sTEEVEE