Adversity inspires genius ?

Old September 15th 20, 02:50 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil Allison[_4_]

Default Adversity inspires genius ?

** Hi to all,

lack of live venue availability has boosted home recording activity this year.

While not exactly "Live to U-tube", this effort is on another level from most.

Watch the finished product first:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_7tBdAWZoU

Then hear the tech details from the bass player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x5o-JtMS5k

Nothing was simple about how they did it.

The song is "Roundabout" by Yes, so they picked a real easy one - right ?

..... Phil

Old September 15th 20, 06:07 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod

"Phil Allison" wrote in message

** Hi to all,

lack of live venue availability has boosted home recording activity this
year.

While not exactly "Live to U-tube", this effort is on another level from
most.

Watch the finished product first:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_7tBdAWZoU

Then hear the tech details from the bass player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x5o-JtMS5k

Nothing was simple about how they did it.

The song is "Roundabout" by Yes, so they picked a real easy one - right ?

I really dug that. Bass player has the "growl" down. Marvelous!
As a keyboardist that still uses all the classics, I would have liked the
keyboard parts much better if they were more authentic. Close....but no
cigar!
Other than that they smoked the sh*t out of this!

Poly

Old September 15th 20, 10:57 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 16/09/2020 1:50 am, Phil Allison wrote:

> ** Hi to all,
>

> lack of live venue availability has boosted home recording activity this year.
>
> While not exactly "Live to U-tube", this effort is on another level from most.
>
> Watch the finished product first:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_7tBdAWZoU
>
> Then hear the tech details from the bass player.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x5o-JtMS5k
>
> Nothing was simple about how they did it.
>
> The song is "Roundabout" by Yes, so they picked a real easy one - right ?
>

> .... Phil

Well it is largely by Ritchie Castellano who did the BoRap and Abbey
Road things.

All done in (Sony at the time, I think) Vegas Pro. A must-see for
anybody interested in music, recording, and video.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av20673564/ (Only low-res - Youtube
blocks the full-res version).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Iiy_YfpVn0

Old October 27th 20, 12:18 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil Allison[_4_]

polymod wrote

=============
> "Phil Allison"
>
> lack of live venue availability has boosted home recording activity this
> year.
>
> While not exactly "Live to U-tube", this effort is on another level from
> most.
>
> Watch the finished product first:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_7tBdAWZoU
>
> Then hear the tech details from the bass player.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x5o-JtMS5k
>
> Nothing was simple about how they did it.
>
> The song is "Roundabout" by Yes, so they picked a real easy one - right ?
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> I really dug that. Bass player has the "growl" down. Marvelous!
> As a keyboardist that still uses all the classics, I would have liked the
> keyboard parts much better if they were more authentic. Close....but no
> cigar!
> Other than that they smoked the sh*t out of this!

** Found another Yes cover from 6 years ago: "Owner of a Lonely Heart".

Same geeky gang, this time all squeezed into some basement with no "social distancing" in sight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmwxsG9r_v8

Much intrigued by the gal singer (Ann Marie) perched precariously on top of a small instrument amp, legs crossed and reading the lyrics from her smart phone - while totally nailing it.

Listen on headphones if possible, the bass is terrific.

..... Phil
Old October 27th 20, 10:36 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 28/10/2020 12:18 am, Phil Allison wrote:

>> Other than that they smoked the sh*t out of this!
>>

> ** Found another Yes cover from 6 years ago: "Owner of a Lonely Heart".
>
> Same geeky gang, this time all squeezed into some basement with no "social distancing" in sight.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmwxsG9r_v8
>
> Much intrigued by the gal singer (Ann Marie) perched precariously on top of a small instrument amp, legs crossed and reading the lyrics from her smart phone - while totally nailing it.
>
> Listen on headphones if possible, the bass is terrific.
>

> .... Phil

Yeah that's largely driven by Ritchie Castellano of Blue Oyster Cult (on
guitar this time). The dude who did those incredible one-man-band BohRap
and Abbey Road Medley videos.

And if there is anybody hasn't seen them, these are essentially viewing
from every aspect you could think of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Iiy_YfpVn0

and moreso - sadly higher def one was taken down from YT ;-(

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av20673564/
(Anne Marie 'features' at the very end.)

Social-distancing hadn't been invented then but here *is* a
socially-distanced one of theirs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_7tBdAWZoU

Old October 28th 20, 01:25 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil Allison[_4_]

geoff wrote:

================================

> > ** Found another Yes cover from 6 years ago: "Owner of a Lonely Heart".
> >
> > Same geeky gang, this time all squeezed into some basement with no "social distancing" in sight.
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmwxsG9r_v8
> >
> > Much intrigued by the gal singer (Ann Marie) perched precariously on top of a small instrument amp, legs crossed and reading the lyrics from her smart phone - while totally nailing it.
> >
> > Listen on headphones if possible, the bass is terrific.
> >

> > .... Phil
> >

> Yeah that's largely driven by Ritchie Castellano of Blue Oyster Cult (on
> guitar this time). The dude who did those incredible one-man-band BohRap
> and Abbey Road Medley videos.
>
> And if there is anybody hasn't seen them, these are essentially viewing
> from every aspect you could think of:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Iiy_YfpVn0
>
> and moreso - sadly higher def one was taken down from YT ;-(
>
> https://www.bilibili.com/video/av20673564/
> (Anne Marie 'features' at the very end.)

** Nothing interesting to see in either.

> Social-distancing hadn't been invented then but here *is* a
> socially-distanced one of theirs.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_7tBdAWZoU

** Same vid I posted at the top of this thread.

Try paying attention sometime.

Old October 28th 20, 03:34 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 28/10/2020 1:25 pm, Phil Allison wrote:
> geoff wrote:
>
> ================================
>>>
>>> ** Found another Yes cover from 6 years ago: "Owner of a Lonely Heart".
>>>
>>> Same geeky gang, this time all squeezed into some basement with no "social distancing" in sight.
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmwxsG9r_v8
>>>
>>> Much intrigued by the gal singer (Ann Marie) perched precariously on top of a small instrument amp, legs crossed and reading the lyrics from her smart phone - while totally nailing it.
>>>
>>> Listen on headphones if possible, the bass is terrific.
>>>

>>> .... Phil
>>>

>> Yeah that's largely driven by Ritchie Castellano of Blue Oyster Cult (on
>> guitar this time). The dude who did those incredible one-man-band BohRap
>> and Abbey Road Medley videos.
>>
>> And if there is anybody hasn't seen them, these are essentially viewing
>> from every aspect you could think of:
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Iiy_YfpVn0
>>
>> and moreso - sadly higher def one was taken down from YT ;-(
>>
>> https://www.bilibili.com/video/av20673564/
>> (Anne Marie 'features' at the very end.)

> ** Nothing interesting to see in either.
>

>> Social-distancing hadn't been invented then but here *is* a
>> socially-distanced one of theirs.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_7tBdAWZoU

> ** Same vid I posted at the top of this thread.
>
> Try paying attention sometime.

Oh yes, you are correct - it was over a month ago and long gone off my
threads. Try stop being unpleasant sometime. Take your meds.

Old October 28th 20, 12:07 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil Allison[_4_]

geoff is just another VILE troll wrote:

=====================================

>> "Owner of a Lonely Heart".

>> basement with no "social distancing" in sight.

> >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_7tBdAWZoU

> > ** Same vid I posted at the top of this thread.
> >
> > Try paying attention sometime.
> >

> Oh yes, you are correct - it was over a month ago and long gone off my
> threads.

** So your ****ed-up newsreader has an even shorter attention
span then you ?

Birds of a feather..... ??

> Try stop being unpleasant sometime.

** ROTFLMAO - talk about "pot and kettle" !!

FYI you vile NZ prick:

No matter *how positive and constructive* a poster IS .... there is always some half baked, ****ing **** like you ready to **** on them.

In your case, an inevitable result of the *massive* inferiority complex that every stinking New Zealand retard contracts from birth.

Imagine - an entire nation of tenth wit *failed pommies* scared ****less in case native Maories & immigrant Pacific Islanders take political control soon.

> Take your meds.

** How ****ing ironic.

Plus damn funny.

..... Phil
Old October 28th 20, 06:16 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Roy W. Rising

On Wednesday, October 28, 2020 at 4:07:56 AM UTC-7, wrote:
> geoff is just another VILE troll wrote:
>
> =====================================

> >> "Owner of a Lonely Heart".

> >> basement with no "social distancing" in sight.

> > > ** Same vid I posted at the top of this thread.
> > >
> > > Try paying attention sometime.
> > >

> > Oh yes, you are correct - it was over a month ago and long gone off my
> > threads.

> ** So your ****ed-up newsreader has an even shorter attention
> span then you ?
>
> Birds of a feather..... ??
> > Try stop being unpleasant sometime.

> ** ROTFLMAO - talk about "pot and kettle" !!
>
> FYI you vile NZ prick:
>
> No matter *how positive and constructive* a poster IS .... there is always some half baked, ****ing **** like you ready to **** on them.
>
> In your case, an inevitable result of the *massive* inferiority complex that every stinking New Zealand retard contracts from birth.
>
> Imagine - an entire nation of tenth wit *failed pommies* scared ****less in case native Maories & immigrant Pacific Islanders take political control soon.
>

> > Take your meds.

> ** How ****ing ironic.
>
> Plus damn funny.
>

> .... Phil

Phil - I've enjoyed the conversation in this thread, up to the place where your "nice" filter failed and the auto-correct was turned off. Maybe the thread has been hacked by someone using your ID?

~ Roy W. Rising "If you notice the *sound*, it's wrong."
Old October 29th 20, 02:20 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil Allison[_4_]

Roy W. Rising wrote:
==================

> Phil - I've enjoyed the conversation in this thread,

** Good.
up to the place where your "nice" filter failed and the auto-correct was turned off.

** Don't criticise me for something you have no way of knowing about.

Every word I wrote about "geoff" is fact.

The guy is intolerable pig.

...... Phil

she may grant nasty breeds on to the definite determined arena, whilst Ali accurately inspires them too Ghassan Mustapha Al Huseiny Car Audio 0 December 29th 07 09:45 PM
My Cat Is A Genius... AR Car Audio 0 December 25th 07 10:08 PM
Genius required Mat Car Audio 6 March 9th 05 03:42 AM
M. McKelvy, a self proclamed "genius" Lionel Audio Opinions 0 October 30th 04 06:19 PM
Genius OR idiot? Acoustics Mike Pro Audio 42 May 31st 04 08:45 AM