AES Convention Dinner

Old October 9th 15, 07:54 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

Default AES Convention Dinner

The AES convention in New York begins in a few weeks, over the Halloween
weekend. If you'd like an exhibits-plus pass, see
http://www.aes.org/events/139/vip.cfm?984

The annual Ampex User's Group/Pro-Audio/rec.audio.pro Gabe Wiener memorial
dinner is going to be held at Congee Village, 100 Allen st. down in Chinatown.
People will meet on Saturday at 6 pm at the end of the show in the
Josephson Engineering Booth, number 443. From this point we will find
diverse conveyance to the restaurant where we are expected between 6:30
and 7 pm.

The Ars Nova facility is booked solid, so Gabe's penthouse apartment is not
available to us this year. I tried looking for places in Koreatown relatively
near the Javits, but Kum Gang San is closed and the only other large scale
restaurant was unable to take a group of this size. ABC Restaurant in Chinatown
where we ate a few years ago closed up due to an increase in rent, so we
will be trying another Cantonese place nearby that came highly recommended.

All are invited if you are a member of any of these groups.
Old October 9th 15, 08:27 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

Scott Dorsey wrote: "restaurant was unable to take a group of this size. ABC
Restaurant in Chinatown where we ate a few years ago closed up due to an
increase in rent, so we "

Racist gentrification policy... Sorry you lost a good place to meet and
eat after a day of AES activity. Sucks.

Old October 9th 15, 09:57 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers[_2_]

On 10/9/2015 2:54 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> The annual Ampex User's Group/Pro-Audio/rec.audio.pro Gabe Wiener memorial
> dinner is going to be held at Congee Village, 100 Allen st. down in Chinatown.
> People will meet on Saturday at 6 pm at the end of the show in the
> Josephson Engineering Booth, number 443. From this point we will find
> diverse conveyance to the restaurant where we are expected between 6:30
> and 7 pm.

Don't do like Duke and Take The A Train, take the J train instead. A new
subway station just opened next to the Javits center.

Take the J train to Bryant Park/5th Avenue. Pick up the F train toward
Stillwell Ave - Coney Island to Delancey St. Walk 3 blocks to the
restaurant.

--
For a good time, visit http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com
Old October 9th 15, 10:33 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

In article >, Mike Rivers > wrote:
>On 10/9/2015 2:54 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
>> The annual Ampex User's Group/Pro-Audio/rec.audio.pro Gabe Wiener memorial
>> dinner is going to be held at Congee Village, 100 Allen st. down in Chinatown.
>> People will meet on Saturday at 6 pm at the end of the show in the
>> Josephson Engineering Booth, number 443. From this point we will find
>> diverse conveyance to the restaurant where we are expected between 6:30
>> and 7 pm.

>Don't do like Duke and Take The A Train, take the J train instead. A new
>subway station just opened next to the Javits center.

Duke says that you must take the A train if you want to go to Harlem. If
you take the A train, you'll get where you're going in a hurry. Harlem is
the opposite direction of the direction you want to go, however.

Because, across 110th street, you can find it all in the street.

The Javits train station puts you on the 7 line, then you take that to
Times Square where you transfer to R, N, or Q to Canal.

>Take the J train to Bryant Park/5th Avenue. Pick up the F train toward
>Stillwell Ave - Coney Island to Delancey St. Walk 3 blocks to the
>restaurant.

How do you get to J from the 7 line, though?
Don't sleep in the subway, darling.

Old October 9th 15, 11:43 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers[_2_]

On 10/9/2015 5:33 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> How do you get to J from the 7 line, though?

The 5th Avenue station is the next stop on the J past Times Square/42nd
St. Taking a closer look at the map it looks like there might be a
tunnel between Bryant Park and Times Square. The wording from the Trip
Planner is:

Get off at 5TH AV - BRYANT PARK STATION (7)

Follow the signs to 42ND ST - BRYANT PARK STATION B/D/F/M
Transfer to the STILLWELL AV-CONEY ISLAND bound Train

I can't remember where I was going but I do remember taking a very long
walk from the Times Square station to where I got the train to which I
was transferring. But at 6 PM on Saturday, it's bound to be a more
reliable trip than taking a cab.

--
For a good time, visit http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com