The truth about cables !

Old October 10th 20, 06:49 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

Default The truth about cables !

Don Pearce > wrote:
>On Fri, 9 Oct 2020 20:41:41 -0500, Les Cargill >
>wrote:
>
>>> The part about placing your amplifier above your speakers is clearly wrong.
>>> In a copper wire, the free electrons each weigh about 118,000 times LESS

>>... if they "weigh" at all. I actually do not recall if they have
>>weight, or just mass.

>If they have mass, and they are in a gravitational field, then they
>have weight.

Maybe, but nobody has the weight like Levon Helm and Mavis Staples.

Old October 11th 20, 06:01 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Roy W. Rising

On Friday, October 9, 2020 at 5:03:58 PM UTC-7, geoff wrote:
> On 10/10/2020 5:17 am, Roy W. Rising wrote:

> >> Never heard (or of) it. Now just had to look it up.
> >>
> >> First impression is that the male-voice chorus is out in a different
> >> part of the building ;- )
> >>
> >> geoff !

> > It's a male group. The four voices are on-mic throughout. The lead vocal 'steps in' a little during the solos. I really can't understand your impression.
> >
> > ~ Roy "If you notice the *sound*, it's wrong."
> >

> Well it was only Youtube on a laptop, but to me it sounded like the
> others were kicked out to another room in the choruses.
>
> Maybe stepping up caused the effect, which I noticed, and which by your
> signature definition is 'wrong'.
>
> geoff

When TV added MTS stereo, I had a serious decision to make. So, I rushed right out and bought TWO 3" speakers! "only Youtube on a laptop" says a lot when it comes to judging a sound.

~ Roy "If you notice the *sound*, it's wrong.
Old October 13th 20, 07:44 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor

On 10/10/2020 12:41 pm, Les Cargill wrote:
> Ralph Barone wrote:
>> In a copper wire, the free electrons each weigh about 118,000 times LESS

> ... if they "weigh" at all.* I actually do not recall if they have
> weight, or just mass.

Doesn't anything that has mass also have weight in the presence of gravity?