Eych

Default Sony F5700 issues...

Self-installed an F5700 into my Altima.

Wired everything accordingly (AFAIK) and plugged the antenna in.

Problem 1: No AM reception and barely any FM? I just unplugged the
antenna from the factory into the Sony...

Problem 2: The AUX input are the two RCA females on a cord attached to
the back right? I plugged in a walkman and MD player (with a
Y-adapter) and nothing ??? (AUX is enabled).

thanks.

KaeZoo

"Eych" wrote in message
oups.com...
Self-installed an F5700 into my Altima.

Wired everything accordingly (AFAIK) and plugged the antenna in.

Problem 1: No AM reception and barely any FM? I just unplugged the
antenna from the factory into the Sony...

Not sure on the Altima, but there may be an antenna amplifier in that
vehicle. If so, you need to make sure you hook up your power antenna wire
from the Sony unit to the correct wire in the harness.

Problem 2: The AUX input are the two RCA females on a cord attached to
the back right? I plugged in a walkman and MD player (with a
Y-adapter) and nothing ??? (AUX is enabled).

thanks.

That's the subwoofer pre-out. The auxillary input is molded into the back
of the case next to the front and rear outputs.

Hebbs

Cnt help you with the answer to your problem but kinda hoping you might
be able to help me ;-)

I have just bought my son a CDX-5700 for his first car.

Went to install (have done quite a few before) and found that there was
no wiring diagram for the wiring harness.

Normally there is a sticker on the set outlining each of the wires by
colour and their purpose.

Dont want to fry it so am looking for help over the weekend. (Number 1
son is 18 and VERY impatient, Monday is such a LONG time away!!!!!)

Hoping you might have the answers

Hebbs

--
Hebbs
Hebbs's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=33307

KaeZoo

Harness colors are more or less universal for aftermarket equipment now.

Yellow: constant 12v
Red: Switched/accessory 12v
Black: ground
Blue/white: remote turn-on
Blue: power antenna turn-on
Light blue: Cell phone mute (mutes head unit when grounded)
Orange/White: Illumination--connect to a wire which tests with 12v when the
parking lights are on.

Speaker wires: solid color is positive, black stripe is negative.
White: left front
Gray: right front
Green: left rear
Violet: right rear

Buying a wire harness adapter for your vehicle will help a lot. The adapter
harness colors should match with the Sony harness colors, and you won't
have to try to figure out which wire is which in your car.

"Hebbs" wrote in message
news:1109417650.79aa1ee1a1a11e3fe1e7e06d7ad5279a@t eranews...

Cnt help you with the answer to your problem but kinda hoping you might
be able to help me ;-)

I have just bought my son a CDX-5700 for his first car.

Went to install (have done quite a few before) and found that there was
no wiring diagram for the wiring harness.

Normally there is a sticker on the set outlining each of the wires by
colour and their purpose.

Dont want to fry it so am looking for help over the weekend. (Number 1
son is 18 and VERY impatient, Monday is such a LONG time away!!!!!)

Hoping you might have the answers

Hebbs

--
Hebbs