Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] zakbraden@msn.com is offline

Default First car stereo system, need help

This will be my first car stereo system and I really don't know much
about all this but I have been working my butt off trying to do
research all over the internet.

I have been looking at two particular head units

Kenwood KDC-x591

Pioneer DEH-p5900I

I was also considering an alpine but it only has 18w RMS, is there a
really big audible difference between 18 and 22w RMS?

Also, the pioneer only has a signal to noise ratio of 94 dB where the
kenwood has 110 dB
Again, is there an audible difference between the two?

Would you guys recommend that I make sure my head unit has 4V pre amp
out?
Or does it really not matter whether it's 2.5 or 4V

I am looking at the Alpine type R (300w peak power) for my four
speakers? are they any good? and what would be the best head unit to
have with the speakers