Default AMS DMX 15-80s Toroid primary

Does anyone know if the toroid in this unit can be wired for 120VAC it
is now set up for 220 European style.

Thanks

-Chuck

Gareth Magennis

wrote in message
ups.com...
Does anyone know if the toroid in this unit can be wired for 120VAC it
is now set up for 220 European style.

Thanks

-Chuck

The toroid normally has 4 input wires coloured brown orange yellow and
green. If your unit has these too then it should be easily converted to 110
volts. These 4 wires are the ends of 2 separate input windings. For 110v
you will need to parallel them together and uprate the input fuse rating by
100%.

I have an RMX arriving next wek so if you need further help I can check mine
out ( same chassis and PSU etc).

Gareth.

OK, I uncovered a terminl strip next to the power switch that has a
brown wire(coming in from AC via PWR switch) that gets jumpered to
iether 115, 220 or 240 VAC. I'm all set! Just for the record these
toroids have a yellow, orange, green, and black wire for the primaries.

Tapping the primary for 115VAC is between the yellow and orange wires.
Green/orange=220. black/orange=240.

Toroid is Clifcrete LTD. Made in England I believe.

-I think these codes are different. Old Box? England?

Scott Dorsey

In article . com,
wrote:
Does anyone know if the toroid in this unit can be wired for 120VAC it
is now set up for 220 European style.

I don't, but a quick look at the primaries will tell you. If there are
two wires coming off going to the power connector, there isn't much to
be done. But if there are four wires of the same color that come off,
two of which go to the power connector and two of which are tied together,
it CAN be rewired for 110V.