Ethan

Default replacement headrests with LCDs

There is a company producing headrest replacements for cars (including
Hondas). They look nice, but the local **** shop (DISCOUNT AUTO SOUND
IN VIRGINIA BEACH SUCKS!) is asking $500 each. Anyone know if there is
a source to get such headrests for $250 or so? LCDs are pretty cheap
now. I was considering getting two cloth accord headrests and going to
an upholstry shop to see about getting them redone with the LCDs in
them... anyone ever do this? I have two pyarmid cheapos that have a
no-cut bracket, and the bracket can't really support the weight of the
display well. I'm considering just making or modifying the mount so it
is stronger... so the screens don't shake.
Mark Zarella

There is a company producing headrest replacements for cars (including
Hondas). They look nice, but the local **** shop (DISCOUNT AUTO SOUND
IN VIRGINIA BEACH SUCKS!) is asking $500 each. Anyone know if there is
a source to get such headrests for $250 or so? LCDs are pretty cheap
now. I was considering getting two cloth accord headrests and going to
an upholstry shop to see about getting them redone with the LCDs in
them... anyone ever do this? I have two pyarmid cheapos that have a
no-cut bracket, and the bracket can't really support the weight of the
display well. I'm considering just making or modifying the mount so it
is stronger... so the screens don't shake.

Depends how good the LCDs in them are. For only $500, I suspect the LCDs
are junk. LCD quality ranges quite dramatically, and it's incredibly
noticeable.