Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul[_13_] Paul[_13_] is offline

Default Looks like Google Groups is Lagging again.....

.......bummer....
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Paul wrote:
......bummer....

http://www.eternal-september.org/

--
Les Cargill
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Richard Webb[_3_] Richard Webb[_3_] is offline

On Thu 2011-Jul-28 15:46, Les Cargill writes:

Paul wrote:
......bummer....

http://www.eternal-september.org/

YEp, or Paul should do a lookup for albasani.net which I use as one of my sources for usenet. NO google spam.

YOu'll like a real nntp feed and get far more enjoyment than you will fighting with the google interface Paul.

Regards,
Richard
--
| Remove .my.foot for email
| via Waldo's Place USA Fidonet-Internet Gateway Site
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul[_13_] Paul[_13_] is offline

Paul wrote:
......bummer....

http://www.eternal-september.org/

YEp, or Paul should do a lookup for albasani.net which I use as one of my sources for usenet. *NO google spam.

YOu'll like a real nntp feed and get far more enjoyment than you will fighting with the google interface Paul.

Regards,
* * * * * *Richard

Well, at least the Google Groups interface is super easy to get
working!

I've got the eternal September account, and I get to the list of
NGs,
but I can't seem to "subscribe" to any of them.

What do you need to do to read and post to NGs?

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Paul wrote:

Paul wrote:
......bummer....
http://www.eternal-september.org/

YEp, or Paul should do a lookup for albasani.net which I use as one of my sources for usenet. NO google spam.

YOu'll like a real nntp feed and get far more enjoyment than you will fighting with the google interface Paul.

Regards,
Richard

Well, at least the Google Groups interface is super easy to get
working!

I've got the eternal September account, and I get to the list of
NGs,
but I can't seem to "subscribe" to any of them.

What do you need to do to read and post to NGs?

A newsreader such as Agent or Thunderbird, or if you're desperate,
Outlook Express, as well as a username and password for the news server.

If you've got access to Eternal September's website, the FAQ has all you
need to know to get started.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Paul wrote:

I've got the eternal September account, and I get to the list of
NGs,
but I can't seem to "subscribe" to any of them.

What do you need to do to read and post to NGs?

Newsreader software. There are hundreds of available client programs
that talk NNTP. Which one you want depends on a lot of things including
what OS you are using and how many groups you read.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul[_13_] Paul[_13_] is offline

On 7/31/2011 11:08 AM, John Williamson wrote:
Paul wrote:

Paul wrote:
[...]

ok, that wasn't that bad. Hopefully this post will work.....

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Paul wrote:
On 7/31/2011 11:08 AM, John Williamson wrote:
Paul wrote:

Paul wrote:
[...]

It didn't. ;-)

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
gregz gregz is offline

Paul wrote:

Paul wrote:
......bummer....
http://www.eternal-september.org/

YEp, or Paul should do a lookup for albasani.net which I use as one of
my sources for usenet. NO google spam.

YOu'll like a real nntp feed and get far more enjoyment than you will
fighting with the google interface Paul.

Regards,
Richard

Well, at least the Google Groups interface is super easy to get
working!

I've got the eternal September account, and I get to the list of
NGs,
but I can't seem to "subscribe" to any of them.

What do you need to do to read and post to NGs?

I'm using news tap on the iPad. Look for newsreader except there are
newspaper readers that you might get mixed up with.

Greg