Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

Default A Theory About Scott

In article

,

Jenn wrote:

Laurence Juber:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHQci4YtYF8

Loud, in your face, marches on like a relentless soldier, no
musicality

Some musicality shows up at the two-minute mark. :-)

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
MiNe 109 wrote:

In article

,

Jenn wrote:

Laurence Juber:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHQci4YtYF8

Loud, in your face, marches on like a relentless soldier, no
musicality

Some musicality shows up at the two-minute mark. :-)

Stephen

It's "Paper Moon" for crying out loud! The big band arrangement,
complete with the authentic bass line. Does he expect some rubato or
something?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Sep 29, 4:03*pm, Boon wrote:
On Sep 28, 9:33*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"

wrote:
On Sep 28, 7:08*pm, "James Smith" wrote:

"George M. Middius" wrote :

What I'm wondering is why "James Smith" is so panicked about Jenn. His
screeching is as shrill as Krooger's was.

If you speak honestly about Jenn - the worker bees close in to protect their
queen. It's what they're programmed to do. In the example above we see the
use of misinformation and propaganda.

There sure are a lot of paranoid people on RAO.

Say, James, you wouldn't happen to be politically conservative, would
you?

LOL!

Um...I think you've hit the nail on the head again.

These bozos aren't "conservative".

They're "control freaks".
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Sep 29, 8:39*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:
On Sep 29, 8:57*pm, Boon wrote:

On Sep 29, 7:28*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 29, 5:17*pm, Boon wrote:

I wasn't in love with his playing either, but I know the difference
between musical preference and saying someone's friend sucks.

So, what is your opinion of Scott's musical p[references?

I'm not a big prog rock fan.

me neither.

I remember we had some mutual interests. For instance, we both like
Godspeed! You Black Emperor, much to my surprise. I also enjoy Peter
Gabriel, but then Scott took out my 180g pressing of "Security" and
asked why I would pay $30 for his worst album. First of all, I didn't
pay $30 for it since it was a review copy. Second, it's my favorite PG
album, so Scott's rather rash opinion was met with nothing but
disdain. Again, anyone who makes juvenile comments like that about
personal preferences is, well, a juvenile.

I think I may have teased Scott once or twice about his musical
tastes, but it was less about his preferences and more about the very
narrow scope of his tastes. My brother is like that...he has 6000 CDs,
but they're all basically the same genre. I don't necessarily consider
a person like that to be a true music lover.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Sep 29, 7:22*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:
On Sep 29, 11:43*am, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"

wrote:
On Sep 29, 10:26*am, Jenn wrote:

*Clyde Slick wrote:
Obviously, Juber is NOT a world class talent, making
music as he does, playiong the insipid
arrangekemnts he plays.
He is the Mantovani of solo acoustic guitar players.

Who do you like more?

Jenn, I think Clyde uses the word "obviously" in the same context that
2pid does: "I have no clue but if I make an absolute statement perhaps
someone will believe me."

Clyde wouldn't know a world-class guitarist any more than he'd
recognize a military officer based on his postings. Clyde would need
to see a certificate that said "Bona Fide World-Class Guitarist"
before he'd believe it.

He only knows if he likes something. If he doesn't like it it can't be
world-class.

IOW, give Clyde's opinion all of the consideration it's due. :-)

Juber is not a world class guitatrist, whatever that vague phrase
might mean. I have seen much better.

Tell it to Paul McCartney, who no doubt should bow to you superior
insight. LMAO!

He is competent, but not musical.

I have doubts you understand music. Please post your reume.

Htere were others *posting here at that time who agreed.

Is this a (not so subtle) McDonald's argument? LOL!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

"George M. Middius" wrote :

What I'm wondering is why "James Smith" is so panicked about Jenn.. His
screeching is as shrill as Krooger's was.

If you speak honestly about Jenn - the worker bees close in to protect their
queen. It's what they're programmed to do. In the example above we see the
use of misinformation and propaganda.

There sure are a lot of paranoid people on RAO.

Say, James, you wouldn't happen to be politically conservative, would
you?

LOL!

Um...I think you've hit the nail on the head again.

These bozos aren't "conservative".

They're "control freaks".

And they're not getting any nookie.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Sep 29, 5:17*pm, Boon wrote:

I wasn't in love with his playing either, but I know the difference
between musical preference and saying someone's friend sucks.

So, what is your opinion of Scott's musical p[references?

Music has nothing to do with 2pid sucking.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Sep 29, 8:38*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:
On Sep 29, 8:32*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:

duh-Sacky bleated:

Clyde wouldn't know a world-class guitarist any more than he'd
recognize a military officer based on his postings. Clyde would need
to see a certificate that said "Bona Fide World-Class Guitarist"
before he'd believe it.
Juber is not a world class guitatrist, whatever that vague phrase
might mean. I have seen much better.
He is competent, but not musical.

duh... The praise being directed at Juber relates to the way he plays, not
what he plays. Do you remember when Jenn said she recognizes that I write
well? Scottie blew a doggie-fuse. It was beyond his limited intellect that
somebody could do something well and still not deliver pleasure to all who
observe it. This is very much the same distinction. Jenn explained in detail
that Juber, like the other technical virtuosos, usually play to the
expectations of a niche audience.

a bunch of masturbaters.
What you are doing is adoring a carpenter for his
technique in driving nails, though the wall he just built was crooked.

Many people think that Segovia sucked. What do you think? Who's "world-
class"? Ibsen? Parkening?

Certainly not Segovia, as many would agree that he sucks.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Sep 29, 11:40*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article

Jenn, not everything is equally excellent

Where did I say that?

Here, its the sum history of your postings.
You go gaga over eryone.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Sep 29, 11:51*pm, Jenn wrote:

except Lennon. *Can you
imagine ? *

I can only imagine, the world in that song can never be real
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Sep 29, 11:52*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 29, 9:27*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 29, 11:26*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 28, 11:19*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 28, 10:39*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article

om,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 28, 10:25*pm, Jenn
wrote:
In article

ps.c
om,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 28, 9:13*pm, George M. Middius

wrote:
Sacky is deep in his personal muddle zone.

What point did I "side-step"?

Not that you know certain people, but that
you sometimes appear to be a fawning sycophant.

Clearly you have no idea what "fawning" or "sycophant"
means.
For
those
terms to apply to Jenn, you'd have to point out the
individual(s)
whom
her sycophancy is directed.

A certain Mr. Juber, for one

lol *Please provide an example of me doing so.

You fawned all over him as a world class guitarist, then
posted
links
to his performances,

Yep. *He's a world class guitarist. *He wins polls about
acoustic
fingerstyle players all the time. *If you asked 100 players of
that
style who they think the best player is, probably over 90 of
them
would
list LJ or Tommy Emmanuel. *LJ is the first call studio
guitarist
in
the
LA studios, music, movies, and TV. *He has two Grammy awards.
*He's
the
highest selling recording artist in the genre. *His
instructional
videos
are the highest selling. *Damn slacker... *To state this is not
"fawning", it's stating objective facts.

You told us how great he was,

Yes, I and many others believe that he is a great player. *Those
who
hire, thereby putting their careers on the line, agree.

practically worship him,

WHere the hell do you get that? *lol *Quotes, please.

then sent us
some links to performances
'that were lacking in any musical expression at all, and playing
arrangements
that were trite and turgid.

Again, you're entitled to your opinion. *Would you care to post
solo
guitar arrangements of "Gently Weeps" and Strawberry Fields" that
you
enjoy more?

LOL!!! *You narrowed the criterie. Its the only solo version I know
of, so it is 'both the best and worst of
your constricted criteria.

Those were the tunes that I posted, IIRC, so I thought that you might
know solo recordings of them that you liked better. *Let's widen it:
*Do
you like any solo acoustic guitar recordings? *If so, what are they? *
It's possible that you don't like the entire genre, and that's fine. *
It's a niche market to be sure.

However, as a musical performance, compared
untold num,bers of them that I have seen, it was subpar, dull,
pedestrian and uninteresting. At the time, other people commented
similarly, they were unimpressed.

Again, perhaps you dislike the genre.

Anyway, this is not about him, its about you.
I am not your enemy, I am not attaqcking you.'You are most likely
]a talented person and a good person. I get thT form your
personal presentation here. But I also get thaT
you appear to be quite fawning at times.
I never here anything comparative form you.
Everybody you know, every miusicina you
have come across is so excellent and perfect and
\so worthy of your unlimited adoration. You never have
a critical thing to say of amyone who inhabits your spehere.
Taht makes you unbelievable, or at least appear to be
'a person of limited discernment.

Oh, I could speak negatively about any number of people that I know and
work with. *I just don't see the point of doing that. *I would only
bring them up BECAUSE they have impressed me, and in the context of
some
discussion here. *I posted about Mary in response to someone else. *Her
death touched me deeply, and I thought that it might be of interest to
some here to hear from someone who knew her. *I posed about LJ because
of the sound of his self-produced recordings. *I posted about Fred
because he conducted recordings that audio people "fawn over" in
regards
to the sound. *He was my mentor and I therefore have a unique view of
him compared to others here. *I could post areas of disagreement that I
have with each of those people, but what's the point? *I suspect that
if
I did that, some loon would say, "Who are YOU to criticize another
artist?" *

Obviously, Juber is NOT a world class talent, making
music as he does, playiong the insipid
arrangekemnts he plays.
He is the Mantovani of solo acoustic guitar players.

Who do you like more?

It pains me that you are so smitten by him that you can't see it.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Sep 30, 12:02*am, Jenn wrote:
In article ,
*MiNe 109 * wrote:

In article

,

*Jenn wrote:

Laurence Juber:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHQci4YtYF8

Loud, in your face, marches on like a relentless soldier, no
musicality

Some musicality shows up at the two-minute mark. :-)

Stephen

It's "Paper Moon" for crying out loud! *The big band arrangement,
complete with the authentic bass line. *Does he expect some rubato or
something?

the original had some playfulness in it. It wasn't a
march through a murky swamp.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Sep 29, 5:17*pm, Boon wrote:

[...]

He had some classical and some classic rock, even a little blues.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

wrote:
On Sep 29, 10:26*am, Jenn wrote:

*Clyde Slick wrote:
[...]

You will have to bait me with a much better cheeseburger.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Sep 30, 12:33*am, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
On Sep 29, 8:38*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 29, 8:32*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:

duh-Sacky bleated:

[...]

Segovia, Bream, Yepes, and Celedino and Angel Romero
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 29, 11:40*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article

Jenn, not everything is equally excellent

Where did I say that?

Here, its the sum history of your postings.
You go gaga over eryone.

OK, let's try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vWQk47ROcw

This guy sucks. If I played this badly, I'd start doing live sound at a
church for a living. He should quit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ac4MsjQaEc

This should instead be "Blowin Chunks". Can't he at least learn to TUNE
fercryinoutloud? This guy plays like Dylan presently sings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2DC6S4i4wk

Are you kidding me? Your Lowden is WAY outclassing you. You're killing
this beautiful arrangement. And close your lips.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article

,

Jenn wrote:

In article ,
MiNe 109 wrote:

In article

,

Jenn wrote:

Laurence Juber:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHQci4YtYF8

Loud, in your face, marches on like a relentless soldier, no
musicality

Some musicality shows up at the two-minute mark. :-)

Stephen

It's "Paper Moon" for crying out loud! The big band arrangement,
complete with the authentic bass line. Does he expect some rubato or
something?

I think he's responding to the subtle tightening of the tempo. I find it
thrilling, but a listener unsettled by anything that isn't deep "in the
pocket" won't like it.

And there was plenty of rubato in the Beatle arrangements. Go figure!

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:
On Sep 29, 10:26*am, Jenn wrote:

*Clyde Slick wrote:
[...]

So McCartney doesn't know anything about music and the masses decide
what musicians are "world class".

Got it.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:
On Sep 29, 8:38*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 29, 8:32*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:

duh-Sacky bleated:

[...]

Sorry, Clyde, but as I said Segovia is out. I know of several
classical guitarists who think he sucked.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
MiNe 109 wrote:

In article

,

Jenn wrote:

In article ,
MiNe 109 wrote:

In article

,
Jenn wrote:

Laurence Juber:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHQci4YtYF8

Loud, in your face, marches on like a relentless soldier, no
musicality

Some musicality shows up at the two-minute mark. :-)

Stephen

It's "Paper Moon" for crying out loud! The big band arrangement,
complete with the authentic bass line. Does he expect some rubato or
something?

I think he's responding to the subtle tightening of the tempo. I find it
thrilling, but a listener unsettled by anything that isn't deep "in the
pocket" won't like it.

I see. The arrangement is written to be his concert encore number.

And there was plenty of rubato in the Beatle arrangements. Go figure!

Here's his very cool and musical arrangement of "In My Life"
http://sn.im/s8iz0-p0n
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

wrote:
On Sep 29, 10:26*am, Jenn wrote:

*Clyde Slick wrote:
[...]

He certainly is far from a world class bass player
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Sep 30, 7:38*am, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article

,

*Jenn wrote:
In article ,
*MiNe 109 * wrote:

In article

,
*Jenn wrote:

Laurence Juber:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHQci4YtYF8

Loud, in your face, marches on like a relentless soldier, no
musicality

Some musicality shows up at the two-minute mark. :-)

Stephen

It's "Paper Moon" for crying out loud! *The big band arrangement,
complete with the authentic bass line. *Does he expect some rubato or
something?

I think he's responding to the subtle tightening of the tempo. I find it
thrilling, but a listener unsettled by anything that isn't deep "in the
pocket" won't like it.

you think wrong.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Sep 30, 2:30*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 29, 11:40*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article

Jenn, not everything is equally excellent

Where did I say that?

Here, its the sum history of your postings.
You go gaga over eryone.

OK, let's try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vWQk47ROcw

This guy sucks. *If I played this badly, I'd start doing live sound at a
church for a living. *He should quit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ac4MsjQaEc

This should instead be "Blowin Chunks". *Can't he at least learn to TUNE
fercryinoutloud? *This guy plays like Dylan presently sings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2DC6S4i4wk

Are you kidding me? *Your Lowden is WAY outclassing you. *You're killing
this beautiful arrangement. *And close your lips.

you gaga and fawn over everyone you know.
If you know someone, then that makes them the best ion the world.
You must know some mediocre,'or even just merely good players!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Shhhh! said:

Many people think that Segovia sucked. What do you think? Who's "world-
class"? Ibsen? Parkening?

Certainly not Segovia, as many would agree that he sucks.

Segovia, Bream, Yepes, and Celedino and Angel Romero

Sorry, Clyde, but as I said Segovia is out. I know of several
classical guitarists who think he sucked.

In my personal opinion, the suckers are those who worship Segovia. Smug
little ****s all.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:
On Sep 29, 10:26*am, Jenn wrote:

*Clyde Slick wrote:
[...]

Sorry, Clyde. The masses have disagreed with you for over 40 years.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Sep 30, 12:16*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:
Shhhh! said:

Many people think that Segovia sucked. What do you think? Who's "world-
class"? Ibsen? Parkening?

Certainly not Segovia, as many would agree that he sucks.

Segovia, Bream, Yepes, and Celedino and Angel Romero

Sorry, Clyde, but as I said Segovia is out. I know of several
classical guitarists who think he sucked.

In my personal opinion, the suckers are those who worship Segovia. Smug
little ****s all.

I wish Clyde would quit fawning over Segovia. He's not around to
appreciate it anyway.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

wrote:

Shhhh! said:

Many people think that Segovia sucked. What do you think? Who's "world-
class"? Ibsen? Parkening?

Certainly not Segovia, as many would agree that he sucks.

Segovia, Bream, Yepes, and Celedino and Angel Romero

Sorry, Clyde, but as I said Segovia is out. I know of several
classical guitarists who think he sucked.

In my personal opinion, the suckers are those who worship Segovia. Smug
little ****s all.

I wish Clyde would quit fawning over Segovia. He's not around to
appreciate it anyway.

I had lunch with him the other day. And we exchanged
13 eamils over tha last threee years.Everybody on
my cisrcle of acquaintances are equally the most wonderful in the
world at whatever thay do, no exceptions.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

wrote:
On Sep 29, 10:26*am, Jenn wrote:

*Clyde Slick wrote:
[...]

LOL!!
I saw one rating list that had Slash as the best all time electric
guiar player.

Look at the vids and rank the guitarists for me, top to bottom.
I want to see what you come up with, and how you rank Juber
compared to the others.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,

wrote:

Shhhh! said:

Many people think that Segovia sucked. What do you think? Who's
"world-
class"? Ibsen? Parkening?

Certainly not Segovia, as many would agree that he sucks.

Segovia, Bream, Yepes, and Celedino and Angel Romero

Sorry, Clyde, but as I said Segovia is out. I know of several
classical guitarists who think he sucked.

In my personal opinion, the suckers are those who worship Segovia. Smug
little ****s all.

I wish Clyde would quit fawning over Segovia. He's not around to
appreciate it anyway.

I had lunch with him the other day. And we exchanged
13 eamils over tha last threee years.Everybody on
my cisrcle of acquaintances are equally the most wonderful in the
world at whatever thay do, no exceptions.

WTF are you talking about? I've never said that everybody in the
cisrcle of acquaintances are equally the most wonderful in the world.
You're making things up.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 30, 2:30*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 29, 11:40*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article

Jenn, not everything is equally excellent

Where did I say that?

Here, its the sum history of your postings.
You go gaga over eryone.

OK, let's try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vWQk47ROcw

This guy sucks. *If I played this badly, I'd start doing live sound at a
church for a living. *He should quit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ac4MsjQaEc

This should instead be "Blowin Chunks". *Can't he at least learn to TUNE
fercryinoutloud? *This guy plays like Dylan presently sings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2DC6S4i4wk

Are you kidding me? *Your Lowden is WAY outclassing you. *You're killing
this beautiful arrangement. *And close your lips.

you gaga and fawn over everyone you know.

No I don't.

If you know someone, then that makes them the best ion the world.

No it doesn't.

You must know some mediocre,'or even just merely good players!

Of course. But why would I talk about them here?

I'm glad that we could clear that up.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:
On Sep 29, 10:26*am, Jenn wrote:

*Clyde Slick wrote:
[...]

That shows how weak your "and several here agreed with me" argument
is. That was, of course, the only point.

Look at the vids and rank the guitarists for me, top to bottom.
I want to see what you come up with, and how you rank Juber
compared to the others.

Not everybody is Jascha Heifitz. That doesn't mean that Itzhak Perlman
or Sophie Ann Mutter aren't "world class".

Duh.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Sep 30, 5:31*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,

wrote:

Shhhh! said:

[...]

Of course they are not equal, every one of them is the most
superlative
I would like you to rank the guitar playes you presented to us
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Sep 30, 5:36*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 30, 2:30*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 29, 11:40*pm, Jenn wrote:
[...]

When someone mentions a name of a person
you kn ow, I never here you say that he is mediovre, or
even merely good.
He is always just fantastice!!!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

wrote:
On Sep 29, 10:26*am, Jenn wrote:

*Clyde Slick wrote:
[...]

do as I ask, rank them

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:
On Sep 29, 10:26*am, Jenn wrote:

*Clyde Slick wrote:
[...]

rank the guitar players that Jenn presented.
Stop dancing around it.
Youn don't have to say any of them are bad.
Just rank them relative to each other
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Shhhh! said:

I saw one rating list that had Slash as the best all time electric
guiar player.

That shows how weak your "and several here agreed with me" argument
is. That was, of course, the only point.

I agreed with Sacky about not liking Juber's performances. However, unlike
Sackhead, I'm educated enough to know that I'm too ignorant to appreciate
them.

Speaking of not knowing: Last time the subject of DADT for the military came
up, Sacky professed to "not knowing" whether openly Gay service personnel
would discomfit the bigots. It now appears that common sense is beginning to
inflict some damage on the battlements of hatred, even in the Pentagon:

In an unusual show of support for allowing gay men and lesbians
to serve openly in the armed forces, an article in an official military
journal argues forcefully for repealing the "don't ask, don't tell"
law, which requires homosexuals in the services to keep their
sexual orientation secret.

The article, which appears in Joint Force Quarterly and was reviewed
before publication by the office of Adm. Mike Mullen, the chairman
of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, says that "after a careful examination,
there is no scientific evidence to support the claim that unit cohesion
will be negatively affected if homosexuals serve openly."

Although the article, by an Air Force colonel, Om Prakash, carries
no weight as a matter of policy, it may well signal a shift in the
official winds. It won the 2009 Secretary of Defense National Security
Essay competition.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/01/us/01pentagon.html?_r=1&hp

I'm sure this sort of maverick thinking is going to distress the Sackster,
since the U.S. armed services have always been officially open to straights
only. I can only imagine the horror Sacky & Co. experienced when the doors
to the services were first opened to women. When was that, like 1959? The
last time a barricade of prejudice had fallen was when they let in
"coloreds". That was probably the ****storm of the century.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 30, 5:36*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 30, 2:30*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 29, 11:40*pm, Jenn wrote:
[...]

You're not thinking this through with any kind of normal reasoning:

1. Yes, everyone I have presented here, like the guitarists, are great.
Otherwise, why would I post their stuff. "OK gang, here are some really
mediocre musicians for you to listen to. Enjoy!"
2. If one of my friends looks themselves up on The Google and sees that
I have called them "mediocre", it would hurt our relationship. The
logical fallacy that you are committing is that you think that I always
comment when a friend is mentioned. I don't. If I don't care for what
they do, I stay quiet. I have to work with these people.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 30, 5:31*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,

wrote:

Shhhh! said:

[...]

Nope, sorry, all but two are friends, and it's not for me to do that
online. They are all great in their own way.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:
On Sep 29, 10:26*am, Jenn wrote:

*Clyde Slick wrote:
[...]

To what end? How will that prove your "point" (the one you've already
destroyed yourself)?