Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default Yet ANOTHER question Scottie Witlessmongrel is afraid to answer

Did everybody see the endless news coverage of the free medical expo in L.A.?
Thousands and thousands of people lined up for treatments. Many of them did
have insurance, but their benefits are so crappy that they can't afford to get
the treatments. No, Witless, they weren't looking for plastic surgery or
liposuction. But they did need everything except urgent care.

Now here's your question, Witless. I hope you have your dancing shoes on.

How do you reconcile the republicans' insistence that America has "the best
health care system in the world" with the reality of the deluge in L.A.?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Aug 16, 11:00*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:
Did everybody see the endless news coverage of the free medical expo in L..A.?
Thousands and thousands of people lined up for treatments. Many of them did
have insurance, but their benefits are so crappy that they can't afford to get
the treatments. No, Witless, they weren't looking for plastic surgery or
liposuction. But they did need everything except urgent care.

Now here's your question, Witless. I hope you have your dancing shoes on.

How do you reconcile the republicans' insistence that America has "the best
health care system in the world" with the reality of the deluge in L.A.?

Did any of them have cell phones?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Shhhh! said:

Did everybody see the endless news coverage of the free medical expo in L.A.?
Thousands and thousands of people lined up for treatments. Many of them did
have insurance, but their benefits are so crappy that they can't afford to get
the treatments. No, Witless, they weren't looking for plastic surgery or
liposuction. But they did need everything except urgent care.

Now here's your question, Witless. I hope you have your dancing shoes on.

How do you reconcile the republicans' insistence that America has "the best
health care system in the world" with the reality of the deluge in L.A.?

Did any of them have cell phones?

What did Witless actually say regarding cell phones?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Shhhh! said:

[...]

He has ranted on several occasions about poor people having
cellphones...obviously a misplaced sense of priorities in his eyes.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
"Harry Lavo" wrote:

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

What did Witless actually say regarding cell phones?

He has ranted on several occasions about poor people having
cellphones...obviously a misplaced sense of priorities in his eyes.

And a talking point picked up from the usual wingnut sources.

Stephen

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 17 aug., 09:58, "Harry Lavo" wrote:
"George M. Middius" wrote in messagenews:hjph859gqsp8nhbknjsmbj92iu90ghcup8@4ax .com...

Shhhh! said:

[...]

How else can they call their bookies and dealers?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Shhhh! said:

[...]

they need them, there are fewer and fewer pay phones.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
vinyl anachronist vinyl anachronist is offline

Shhhh! said:

[...]

True, and those pay-as-you-go phones can be pretty cheap.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Aug 17, 12:11*am, George M. Middius
wrote:
Shhhh! said:

How do you reconcile the republicans' insistence that America has "the best
health care system in the world" with the reality of the deluge in L.A.?

Did any of them have cell phones?

What did Witless actually say regarding cell phones?

That anybody can have access to health insurance if they'd only give
up their cell phones.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

vinyl anachronist said:

What did Witless actually say regarding cell phones?

He has ranted on several occasions about poor people having
cellphones...obviously a misplaced sense of priorities in his eyes

they need them, there are fewer and fewer pay phones.

True, and those pay-as-you-go phones can be pretty cheap.

Don't look now, but Witless really believes you can upgrade your prepaid plan.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Shhhh! said:

How do you reconcile the republicans' insistence that America has "the best
health care system in the world" with the reality of the deluge in L.A.?

Did any of them have cell phones?

What did Witless actually say regarding cell phones?

That anybody can have access to health insurance if they'd only give
up their cell phones.

Does Witless arrive at that conclusion by using "fuzzy math"?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Aug 17, 1:31*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:
Shhhh! said:

How do you reconcile the republicans' insistence that America has "the best
health care system in the world" with the reality of the deluge in L.A.?

Did any of them have cell phones?

What did Witless actually say regarding cell phones?

That anybody can have access to health insurance if they'd only give
up their cell phones.

Does Witless arrive at that conclusion by using "fuzzy math"?

Who knows? 2pid never says what he actually means.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Aug 17, 5:27*pm, ScottW2 wrote:
On Aug 17, 11:39*am, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"

wrote:

Did everybody see the endless news coverage of the free medical expo in L.A.?
Thousands and thousands of people lined up for treatments. Many of them did
have insurance, but their benefits are so crappy that they can't afford to get
the treatments. No, Witless, they weren't looking for plastic surgery or
liposuction. But they did need everything except urgent care.

Now here's your question, Witless. I hope you have your dancing shoes on.

How do you reconcile the republicans' insistence that America has "the best
health care system in the world" with the reality of the deluge in L.A.?

*1/3 of the nations welfare losers are in Ca. * Health care system is
fine for hardworking successful people.

Your claim is that 1/3 of all people on assistance are in CA? I find
that hard to believe. I'm not calling you a liar. I'd just like to see
some backup on this whopper. LoL.

http://weblog.signonsandiego.com/web...es/034662.html

1. 1/3 of people on one type of assistance is not the same as "1/3 of
the nations welfare losers are in Ca. Health care system is fine for
hardworking successful people." You are, no doubt, too stupid to sense
the distinction but that doesn't mean the distiction doesn't exist.
What a ninny. LOL!

2. You are quoting a blog as gospel...again. What a ninny! LOL!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:

How do you reconcile the republicans' insistence that America has "the best
health care system in the world" with the reality of the deluge in L.A.?

*1/3 of the nations welfare losers are in Ca. * Health care system is
fine for hardworking successful people.

Your claim is that 1/3 of all people on assistance are in CA? I find
that hard to believe. I'm not calling you a liar. I'd just like to see
some backup on this whopper. LoL.

http://weblog.signonsandiego.com/web...es/034662.html

It is a program for temporary assistance, Considering that Califormia
has taken one of the worst hits in
our recent economic meltdown, it is NOY unexpected
that they would temoporarily have the greatest need for temporary
assisitance
programs.

No, Clyde, only families on temporary assistance are "welfare losers".
2pid said so.

That means one of two things: that people receiving all other types of
assistance are "winners" -or- that 2pid are a imbecile. LoL.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:

[...]

ScottW

It is a program for temporary assistance,

"The Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program was
created by the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity
Reconciliation Act of 1996. States and Tribes have broad flexibility
to develop and implement TANF programs that meet the following goals:"

The federal welfare program (TANF) is "temporary" limiting the number
of months of lifetime benefit to 60.

California has not incorporated those limits and will provide
unlimited benefts to people with children.

The consequence is 1/3 of all welfare recipients now reside in Ca.

Considering that Califormia
has taken one of the worst hits in
our recent economic meltdown, it is NOY unexpected
that they would temoporarily have the greatest need for temporary
assisitance
programs.

If you read the reference, you'd see the latest data upon which the
comment is based is 2008.

So this time your link is outdated instead of just merely biased. One
of these days you'll get it right.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:

[...]

Why trust a blog when you can see the actual data, 2pid?

http://www.acf.hhs.gov/
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Aug 19, 6:05*pm, ScottW2 wrote:

wrote:

[...]

*Can you provide more current data? *The author says the gov't hasn't
released any stats since '98.

With your departure from Ca. the situation is likely improving but it
doesn't bode well for Texas future.

I gave you the site with all of the stats.

Pull your head out of your ass long enough to read it. LoL.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:

[...]

The question is why you can't offer unbiased or timely data in YOUR
post. It has nothing to do with me. Be a man...be accountable for
once.

With your departure from Ca. the situation is likely improving but it
doesn't bode well for Texas future.

I'm departing Washington.

Duh.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Aug 19, 7:11*pm, vinyl anachronist
wrote:
On Aug 19, 4:05 pm, ScottW2 wrote:

Can you provide more current data? The author says the gov't hasn't
released any stats since '98.

The question is why you can't offer unbiased or timely data in YOUR
post. It has nothing to do with me. Be a man...be accountable for
once.

Let's look at 2pid's 'logic', shall we?

He's really REALLY mad about TARF. Here are some telling stats:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tempora...Needy_Families

In 2007 there were less than four million recipient of TARF in the US.
That's right,1.3% of the population. And that number is (or was before
the meltdown, these data do not show 2008 or 2009) going DOWN.

Let's look further!

2pid claims that "1/3 of all welfare recipients in the US are in
California". Goody! Let's do some extrapolatin'!

California spend about $4 billion on TARF, That means that nationwide
the cost is about $12 billion.

Guess what? Even if 2pid eliminated TARF entirely he hasn't saved
enough to keep his brood in dog biscuits for very long. LOL!

As usual, 2pid is really REALLY mad about...nothing...again.

With your departure from Ca. the situation is likely improving but it
doesn't bode well for Texas future.

I'm departing Washington.

Duh.

Duh. They're on the same coast.

2pid 'wins'...again. LoL.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
vinyl anachronist vinyl anachronist is offline

wrote:

[...]

Yes, but Washington is a well-run state with excellent state health
care coverage. California is...well...uh...a ********?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:

[...]

Yes, but if 2pid left California it wouldn't bode well for wherever he
ended up.