Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.tech
gregz gregz is offline

Default Bose 901

Scott Dorsey wrote:
Yes that's 3 db down at 30 Hz from 1khz. My old boxes resonated at 100 Hz.
That was the peak.

Sure, if you do a swept sine test without a filter. Put 30 Hz into the box
and you get output, but none of that output is actually at 30 Hz.

Not true.
If you put 30 Hz into a closed box speaker, sure you'll get some 30 Hz out.
I used to put 16 Hz in and rattle the window, but almost nothing heard
except the spiders.
You will also find a delay of the 30 Hz since it's below resonance, the
spider will slow it down and cause a phase shift.

Thats all I'm going to rehash about the 901, plenty of old stuff in the
archives.

Greg