Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Default The Dope From Hope

Some of Paul W Klipsch's "Dope From Hope" (Hope, Arkansas was where
the Klipsch factory was located) newsletters are he

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/sto...%20HOPE!!!.pdf

Dating from 1961 to 1983, these are still very useful, yet we must
acknowledge that technology has made progress, and also that genius
though he was, PWK had certain limitations as a speaker evaluator. He
was not a young man when he started (or at least when the Klipsch
operation was finally in full swing) and was nearly 80 at the end of
this time frame. Klassic Klipsch designs were never noted for their
mellifluous treble, and the reason was simple: they used the Avedon
designed EV T-35 treble horn, a godawful, inexpensive PA part.

One commentary of PWK that today would be perhaps most in question
would be on his dismissal of multi-amping and active crossovers. There
today would be a lot to e said for an active K-horn, La Scala, BK or
Cornwall. For one thing, a simple NatSemi chip amp could do a most
credible job of driving the preferred JBL or Beyma treble horn whilst
a good solid state discrete amp could handle the bass driver very well
using, perhaps, the Quad current dumping technology. The chip amps are
low enough in power that they could protect the treble driver quite
well.

I commend these papers to the readership of all audiophiles. They are
free of the political or other objections of much of what I am forced
to post here, and I am sure they will not tar the work of Klipsch with
what they imagine to be my terrible characteristics, if that's what
they indeed are.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 22 aug., 04:51, Bret L wrote:

. They are
free of the political or other objections of much of what I am forced
to post here,

I knew it!
Some racist skinhead militia leader has a gun barrel stuck up your
ass.
You are forced to do this
http://brasil.indymedia.org/images/2008/05/421040.gif