Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

Default OT Conservative case against Bush

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-a...the-gops-mispl
aced-rage/full/

"Until conservatives once again hold Republicans to the same standard
they hold Democrats, they will have no credibility and deserve no
respect. They can start building some by admitting to themselves that
Bush caused many of the problems they are protesting."

Bruce Bartlett was one of the original supply-siders, helping draft the
Kemp-Roth tax bill in the 1970s. In the 1980s and 1990s, he was a
leading Republican economist. He now considers himself to be a political
independent.

--

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
vinyl anachronist vinyl anachronist is offline

On Aug 14, 1:30�pm, MiNe 109 wrote:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-a...the-gops-mispl
aced-rage/full/

"Until conservatives once again hold Republicans to the same standard
they hold Democrats, they will have no credibility and deserve no
respect. They can start building some by admitting to themselves that
Bush caused many of the problems they are protesting."

Bruce Bartlett was one of the original supply-siders, helping draft the
Kemp-Roth tax bill in the 1970s. In the 1980s and 1990s, he was a
leading Republican economist. He now considers himself to be a political
independent.

Kind of like me. I'd like to see the real numbers behind how many
conservatives have abandoned the Republican Party since 2001. I bet
it's shockingly high. And I'd also bet the remaining right-wingers
would lie about those numbers all the way to the grave.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,
vinyl anachronist wrote:

[...]

More from Bartlett:

I believe that political parties should do penance for their mistakes
and just losing power is not enough. Part of that involves understanding
why those mistakes were made and how to prevent them from happening
again. Republicans, however, have done no penance. They just pretend
that they did nothing wrong. But until they do penance they don't
deserve any credibility and should be ignored until they do. That's what
my attacks on Bush are all about. I want Republicans to admit they were
wrong about him, accept blame for his mistakes, and take some meaningful
action to keep them from happening again. Bush should be treated as a
pariah, as Richard Nixon was for many years until he rebuilt his
credibility by more or less coming clean about Watergate with David
Frost and writing a number of thoughtful books.

--

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
vinyl anachronist vinyl anachronist is offline

On Aug 15, 12:07�pm, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article
,

[...]

Bush would require a staff of hundreds to wrote a thoughtful book.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

vinyl anachronist wrote:

[...]

bushie was just a puppet. It's cheney who should be on his knees
apologizing and begging for forgiveness.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Buffoon bludered:

Bush would require a staff of hundreds to wrote a thoughtful book.

What a moron. And you fancy yourself a "professional writer"?

You couldn't write your way out of a wet paper bag if your life depended on it.