Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

Default Record sale in L.A.

For those in SoCal:

http://www.recordsurplusla.com/sales.cfm

Always a great sale. If you go on Wednesday, I'll see you there.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Vinylanach Vinylanach is offline

On May 25, 7:17�pm, Jenn wrote:
For those in SoCal:

http://www.recordsurplusla.com/sales.cfm

Always a great sale. �If you go on Wednesday, I'll see you there.

I might go.

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Vinylanach said:

Always a great sale. ?If you go on Wednesday, I'll see you there.

I might go.

Send Krooger a post card if you go.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
"Soundhaspriority" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message
For those in SoCal:

http://www.recordsurplusla.com/sales.cfm

Always a great sale. If you go on Wednesday, I'll see you there.

How and when do you go? I've been stuck on 101 at Santa Barbara, and
I'vebeen stuck on 5 at Sylmar, and that's when I had the thought, "nice
place to vist, but I wouldn't want to live here!"

Bob Morein
(310) 237-6511

Yep, welcome to the L.A. freeways! I usually leave here (if on a
weekday and if staying overnight) around 4:00 pm. I therefore miss the
Santa Barbara traffic and most of the LA traffic. There's never bad
traffic up here. It's about an hour and a half to Santa Barbara, then
about the same to the Hollywood area. Straight down the 101, then the
405 to Sunset Blvd or on to Orange County or San Diego County to see our
folks. We'll leave this Wednesday about noon, which is also not too
bad, after I interview college VP candidates. Then the record store and
my favorite LA guitar store, overnight at Marcy's folks in Orange
County, Disneyland on Thursday, car shopping on Friday plus an Angel
game with my inlaws, hang with inlaws on Saturday, back on Sunday, with
some possible clothes shopping in LA on the way home. Fun trip!

One of the advantages of living here is fairly easy access to LA and San
Francisco (each about 3 hours away), and never bad traffic, baring some
huge accident. Beautiful, beautiful area. But then there's the cost of
living, including gas presently at around $4.06-$4.13.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
John Atkinson[_2_] John Atkinson[_2_] is offline

On May 26, 11:28 am, Jenn wrote:
One of the advantages of living here is fairly easy access to LA and San
Francisco (each about 3 hours away), and never bad traffic, baring some
huge accident. Beautiful, beautiful area.

Sounds like you are in same neighborhood as Stereophile's
webmaster Jon Iverson. He lives in Atascadero, which is
indeed a beautiful part of the world -- you can see the view
from his listening room window at http://forum.stereophile.com/photopo...to.php/photo/7
..
He also tells me that as he is 200 miles from both LA and
SF, he is conveniently located for both :-)

I am going to be in LA in December, so perhaps we
could meet up for a drink, Jenn?

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
John Atkinson wrote:

On May 26, 11:28 am, Jenn wrote:
One of the advantages of living here is fairly easy access to LA and San
Francisco (each about 3 hours away), and never bad traffic, baring some
huge accident. Beautiful, beautiful area.

Sounds like you are in same neighborhood as Stereophile's
webmaster Jon Iverson. He lives in Atascadero, which is
indeed a beautiful part of the world -- you can see the view
from his listening room window at
http://forum.stereophile.com/photopo...to.php/photo/7

Very cool! He's about 20 miles north of the college, and 40 miles north
of where I live (Oceano, down by Pismo Beach, etc.) We should get
together. I've thought about investigating if there are enough of us to
form an audio club in the area.

.
He also tells me that as he is 200 miles from both LA and
SF, he is conveniently located for both :-)

I am going to be in LA in December, so perhaps we
could meet up for a drink, Jenn?

For sure; that would be great fun.

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile