Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default Quick note for Scottie Witlessmongrel

Poor Scottie. You're confused again. Into that miasma of disorientation
you've added your usual dripping ladle of frustration and unfocused anger.
Well, I'm here to help. I found the following short list on various sites.
If you follow these guidelines, you too can earn the praise of other RAOers
for being a "good writer". Let me know if you need any of it explained.

************************************************** **********************************

Pointers for Making Your Writing Understandable and Interesting

• Cast coherent paragraphs. A coherent paragraph is a group of sentences
all relating to one basic idea.

• Paragraphs should be neither too short nor too long. A paragraph that is
just right conveys the thoughts you intend without bringing in extraneous
ideas.

• Choose the word that best conveys the meaning you intend. Consideration
should be given both to denotations and connotations.

• Write with an economy of words. Communicate a fact, opinion, argument,
etc. with as few words as possible.

************************************************** **********************************

It's not a complete list of all elements of good writing. It doesn't
address onomatopoeia words, which you hate. It doesn't address the
importance of proofreading, the value of avoiding dorky chat-room
shorthand, or the virtue of cloaking expressions of raw emotion in tropes.
Which is to say, in a word, that it won't do you any good. But here it is
anyway, as a gift -- just one more thing to remind you how inferior you
are.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Scottie emits a complete sentence. Klaxons sound. The shipyard rats scurry
for cover.

Poor Scottie. You're confused again. Into that miasma of disorientation
you've added your usual dripping ladle of frustration and unfocused anger.

Oh brother. Well, I always knew all George needed for motivation
and inspiration was a woman standing behind him. Now maybe she can
turn you into a productive member of society, but I doubt it.

Is it scary in the deep end, Scooter? Sorry to say I don't know what "woman
standing beside me" you have in mind. Is this your idea of a metaphor? I
can assure you I'm sitting at my desk with nobody beside me.

I notice you snipped the main part of my post. Was it too difficult for you
to understand? Too abstract? Too technical? I said I'd help if you needed
help, and I meant it.

Well, I'm here to help. I found the following short list on various sites.
If you follow these guidelines, you too can earn the praise of other RAOers
for being a "good writer". Let me know if you need any of it explained.

************************************************** **********************************

Pointers for Making Your Writing Understandable and Interesting

o Cast coherent paragraphs. A coherent paragraph is a group of sentences
all relating to one basic idea.

o Paragraphs should be neither too short nor too long. A paragraph that is
just right conveys the thoughts you intend without bringing in extraneous
ideas.

o Choose the word that best conveys the meaning you intend. Consideration
should be given both to denotations and connotations.

o Write with an economy of words. Communicate a fact, opinion, argument,
etc. with as few words as possible.

************************************************** **********************************

It's not a complete list of all elements of good writing. It doesn't
address onomatopoeia words, which you hate. It doesn't address the
importance of proofreading, the value of avoiding dorky chat-room
shorthand, or the virtue of cloaking expressions of raw emotion in tropes.
Which is to say, in a word, that it won't do you any good. But here it is
anyway, as a gift -- just one more thing to remind you how inferior you
are.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 25, 7:26*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:
Scottie emits a complete sentence. Klaxons sound. The shipyard rats scurry
for cover.

Poor Scottie. You're confused again. Into that miasma of disorientation
you've added your usual dripping ladle of frustration and unfocused anger.

Oh brother. *Well, I always knew all George needed for motivation
and inspiration was a woman standing behind him. *Now maybe she can
turn you into a productive member of society, but I doubt it.

I think 2pid thinks "miasma" means "my mama" in Italian.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Shhhh! said:

Scottie emits a complete sentence. Klaxons sound. The shipyard rats scurry
for cover.

Poor Scottie. You're confused again. Into that miasma of disorientation
you've added your usual dripping ladle of frustration and unfocused anger.

Oh brother. *Well, I always knew all George needed for motivation
and inspiration was a woman standing behind him. *Now maybe she can
turn you into a productive member of society, but I doubt it.

I think 2pid thinks "miasma" means "my mama" in Italian.

No harm in guessing. I asked him directly, and in reply, he babbled
incoherently.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

wrote:

Scottie emits a complete sentence. Klaxons sound. The shipyard rats scurry
for cover.

Poor Scottie. You're confused again. Into that miasma of disorientation
you've added your usual dripping ladle of frustration and unfocused anger.

Oh brother. *Well, I always knew all George needed for motivation
and inspiration was a woman standing behind him. *Now maybe she can
turn you into a productive member of society, but I doubt it.

I think 2pid thinks "miasma" means "my mama" in Italian.

I'm sorry that you can't breathe