Charles B. Summers

Default I haven't a clue...

I'm getting ready to replace the stock AM/FM Cassette in my 2001 F-150 with
a CD player, and looking through the units at Crutchfield, I've picked out
two that I like.

First is the Kenwood KDC-3028. ($150.00)
Second is the Kenwood KDC-MP288 ($150.00)

The first one has the fold down face, which I'm sure is just more parts to
wear out. Is this usually a problem?
The second one has MP3 capability, and not a fold down face.

Both are able to receive XM/Sirius by adding the antenna. Any problems there
I might encounter?

Thanks for any advice!

--
www.secretweaponlures.com
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

MOSFET

"Charles B. Summers" wrote in message
I'm getting ready to replace the stock AM/FM Cassette in my 2001 F-150

with
a CD player, and looking through the units at Crutchfield, I've picked out
two that I like.

First is the Kenwood KDC-3028. ($150.00)
Second is the Kenwood KDC-MP288 ($150.00)

The first one has the fold down face, which I'm sure is just more parts to
wear out. Is this usually a problem?
The second one has MP3 capability, and not a fold down face.

Both are able to receive XM/Sirius by adding the antenna. Any problems

there
I might encounter?

I have owned four decks (a Pioneer, two Alpine's and a Kenwood) with
fold-down faces and I have never had a problem with any of the fold-down
mechanisms.

That being said, I would get the unit that plays mp3's. You may not be into
mp3's now, but I promise, you will be at some time. There is ABSOLUTELY
nothing cooler in this entire world than making your own disc with 100+
songs and being able to play that in your car. Trust me.

MOSFET