Siggicool

Default Behringer Products

I know that a lot of you out there have some problems with behringer, its
products, its service or something else. I can just always say that I didnīt
ever had any of that trouble. I am not a real fan of any kind of company let
it be behringer or nike or chrysler or what ever.
Iīd just like to tell you all a little story about one of my good
experiences with behringer and behringer stuff. I canīt imagine, that I ever
had problems with any behringer gear and I couldnīt confirm the troubles
some guys do have with their behringer equipment.
During my time as professional engineer a really good and famous german
pianist call me and told me about his plans to make a CD with some
improvisations. If I had had a grand piano in my studio I would have invited
him but unfortunately I didnīt have one. So we decide to make the recordings
on the great Steinway in the concert hall of his home town. I was very much
concerned about the best way to get him on tape. Eventually I decided to
make it in the easiest possible way. So I took a small behringer mx602a and
two behringer b-2 pro, a small dat recorder, two mic stands, a headphone and
some cables and went to the recording session. I wasnīt really sure, if this
behringer equipment would fit all needs. After setting up the stuff and
listening to the pianist through the headphone I was sure. The behringer b-2
pro took all the important frequencies, the behringer mx602a handed the
signal over to my headphone in a way that really surprised me.
4 weeks later I held one of the CDs from that recording session in my hand
and was surprised once again. And now I knew, that the behringer equipment
fits that needs. Often I heard people saying that behringer gear makes a lot
of noise and hissing. And then the fact that behringer devices are so very
cheap: for most musicians using expensive devices indicates being a
professional musician. I broke with that attitude. Some guitar heros arenīt
able to get good things out of their signature x guitar for $5000 while
other shock you with the greatest licks and speed pickings on a cheap
behringer axe.
And then all the rumors about the way behringer employees are treated. On a
big trade show I visited the behringer booth and had a chance to have an
extended talk to a behringer employee. He wasnīt one of the top employees of
behringer and told me very honest (my impression) about the familiar
atmosphere and the common spirit of all behringer employees concerning their
motto: double the feature half the price. This behringer motto speaks for
itself. And imagine the times when you started making music. How big was
your budget for buying equipment. So stop judging behringer. It is just one
more company with its good and its bad sides. But remember the main point:
behringer makes it .
LJM

Yep, Behringer makes it. Most likely it's crap but Behringer makes it.

Jim M

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat
you with experience.

Bob Cain

Siggicool wrote:

Paragraphs appreciated.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein
Analogeezer

(Siggicool) wrote in message m...
[...]

So....how long have you worked there g

Analogeezer
Matt

I've never tried behringer products except for a small mx802a mixer
which sounds fine for a mic as long as the input is XLR. However a lot
of employees at the nearby Guitar Center seem to have this thing about
behringer, and they strongly dont recommend anyone purchase their
stuff. I think that if someone really wants to do pro audio stuff, or
even set up a studio, but dont have much cash, then behringer is
perfect. The quality is not so abhorrant that it cant be tolerated. As
a matter of fact, the behringer mixer makes my PA sound BETTER.
Beggar's can't be choosers.

I mean think about it, you can get a 20-channel mixer with about 12
mic inputs for $300. You cant get ANY Mackie for that little.

[...]

Ty Ford

I mean think about it, you can get a 20-channel mixer with about 12
mic inputs for $300. You cant get ANY Mackie for that little.

Now there's a ringing endorsement! Thanks for playing SIG.

You must have been on vacation when we covered all of this before.

Among other things, we really dislike it when someone posts stuff like you
did. For better or worse, it comes off as propaganda.

Regards,

Ty Ford

For Ty Ford V/O demos, audio services and equipment reviews,
click on http://www.jagunet.com/~tford

steve

Siggicool wrote:

snip
4 weeks later I held one of the CDs from that recording session in my hand
and was surprised once again.

snip

hey, how about putting a few clips from the cd out there so we can hear
the results for ourselves. This is a commercial CD, right?
proaudiorep

They make guitars now? Holy ****! Anything that ressembles a Strat? or a
Paul?

JP

I bought one. The strat-like guitar is $99 street including a 15w
"modeling" practice amp. The amp is sold separately in B's catalog for
$50. If you allow, say, $15 for the included gig bag, strap, cable,
picks, lesson book and chord chart, the guitar is $35 dollars.

Having owned a few strats over the years (including a mint '57), I
plugged the little rig in expecting absolutely nothing. Well I'll be
damned if it didn't sound and play fairly ok. It's actually perfect
for knocking around the house, just riffing around while watching TV
or whatever. If I leave it laying on the floor and accidentally step
on it and bust the neck off, who cares?

It's really kind of frightening, price-wise, that it's almost a "real"
guitar. What is the likely parts cost in China for this thing? Any
guesses? Seven bucks maybe? That is just crazy!

my .02
Scott Dorsey

Peter L. Pollack wrote:
In article ,
says...
I've never tried behringer products except for a small mx802a mixer
which sounds fine for a mic as long as the input is XLR. However a lot
of employees at the nearby Guitar Center seem to have this thing about
behringer, and they strongly dont recommend anyone purchase their
stuff. I think that if someone really wants to do pro audio stuff, or
even set up a studio, but dont have much cash, then behringer is
perfect. The quality is not so abhorrant that it cant be tolerated. As
a matter of fact, the behringer mixer makes my PA sound BETTER.
Beggar's can't be choosers.

I mean think about it, you can get a 20-channel mixer with about 12
mic inputs for $300. You cant get ANY Mackie for that little.

How far we've come. It seems only yesterday that Mackie was getting
ripped on with regularity, and now it's become the standard that others
judge themselves decent by falling short of.

Hey, I remember when those cheapo MCI consoles were being ragged on for
having no headroom...

Oh, how low we have fallen.
Thomas Bishop

"proaudiorep" wrote in message
I bought one. The strat-like guitar is $99 street including a 15w
"modeling" practice amp. The amp is sold separately in B's catalog for
$50. If you allow, say, $15 for the included gig bag, strap, cable,
picks, lesson book and chord chart, the guitar is $35 dollars.

Sounds like the perfect guitar for me to practice pulling out frets.

Jari Pietila

"Ty Ford" wrote in message
Among other things, we really dislike it when someone posts stuff like you
did.

Hey, I did not dislike it. Speak for yourself, please.

-jp

Regards,

Ty Ford

Ty Ford

In Article , "Jari Pietila"
wrote:

"Ty Ford" wrote in message
Among other things, we really dislike it when someone posts stuff like you
did.

Hey, I did not dislike it. Speak for yourself, please.

-jp

What, you have a taste for hyperbolic tripe in Finland?

Regards,

Ty Ford

For Ty Ford V/O demos, audio services and equipment reviews,
click on http://www.jagunet.com/~tford

dwoz

Siggicool wrote:
a fawning behringer love-fest.

I take issue with those who say that these are innocent.

The purpose of these posts is to build up a body of testimonials that
will show up on a google search.

Behringer does astroturf* marketing.

The purpose of this is to attempt to create an appearance of a strong,
core group of satsified users.

*astroturf = a cynical marketing ploy, whereby paid shills "put out the
word" on something. The word comes from the term "grassroots", a word
used to describe a popular, citizen-level movement. "astroturf" is
"fake grass".

dwoz

ChuxGarage

The purpose of these posts is to build up a body of testimonials that
will show up on a google search.

I have no axe to grind one way or the other, but the fact of the matter is
there is a large group of satisfied Behringer users.

If it fits your application, great! If it doesn't fit your needs, then don't
buy it. If a $99 limiter or effects device was all "anybody" would ever need,
then there wouldn't be a market for more expensive gear. Think about it...

For a great deal of the market, Behringer is totally adequate, and in fact a
good value for the money. There are other brands that are similar good values,
including Peavey, Allen & Heath, Yamaha, Mackie, Tascam, etc. It pays to shop
wisely, and buy products that fit your application.

Not too many home studios need a Neve mixer.

Chuck