Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford[_2_] Ty Ford[_2_] is offline

Default REVIIEW: Schoeps miniCMIT short shotgun

But you'll notice that if you use them indoors, the reverb cancellation is
nearly as good as the Schoeps hypercardioid, and way better than that of
a traditional shotgun.... because behind that little interference tube -IS-
a Schoeps hypercardioid.

Hey Scott,

The interference tube of the miniCMIT is the same length as the interference tube on the CMIT and the SuperCMIT.

Regards,

Ty Ford
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Ty Ford wrote:
But you'll notice that if you use them indoors, the reverb cancellation is
nearly as good as the Schoeps hypercardioid, and way better than that of
a traditional shotgun.... because behind that little interference tube -IS-
a Schoeps hypercardioid.

Hey Scott,

The interference tube of the miniCMIT is the same length as the interference tube on the CMIT and the SuperCMIT.

It sure is! NONE of them are classic shotguns!
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford[_2_] Ty Ford[_2_] is offline

It sure is! NONE of them are classic shotguns!
--scott

I may be wrong, but it sounds like you have a problem with them because they are not classic. The Sanken CS3e is also not classic shotgun, but people have found good uses for it as well.

Me, I have an issue with the term "reach." I don't think shotguns actually provide useful reach.

Regards,

Ty Ford
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article ,
Ty Ford wrote:
It sure is! NONE of them are classic shotguns!

I may be wrong, but it sounds like you have a problem with them because they are not classic. The Sanken CS3e is also not classic shotgun, but people have found good uses for it as well.

I have a problem with the marketing. It's not really a shotgun. It's
a lot more useful than a real shotgun is. So don't call it a shotgun,
Schoeps should call it something else.

For years Dr. Schoeps swore he'd never sell a shotgun... and as soon as
he died they came out with the CMIT... which as I said, isn't exactly
a shotgun.

Me, I have an issue with the term "reach." I don't think shotguns actually provide useful reach.

I agree the term "reach" is illusionary. Shotguns employ a trick that
eliminates noise from discrete sources above a certain corner frequency.
For the CMIT, that corner frequency is somewhere in the middle of the
vocal range, meaning that for much of the vocal range it's not acting
as a shotgun at all.

Shotgun microphones [email protected] Pro Audio 35 February 1st 06 04:58 PM
budget shotgun mic Matt Pro Audio 2 May 11th 05 07:48 AM
Schoeps dealer in Canada? Or, WTB:Schoeps Gord Pro Audio 2 April 26th 05 05:51 PM
Best shotgun mic under $400 Dave Smith Pro Audio 15 March 22nd 04 08:48 PM