Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Mark D. Zacharias

Default Shure M91ED Phono Cartridge Specs

Shure has been out of, then back into, the replacement stylus business in
recent years. Don't know about the 91 ED, though.

You know, with all due respect to your Shure, you could buy a Grado Prestige
Black for 40.00 or less on the internet. Much better cartridge, and not
sensitive to cabling capacitance.

Mark Z.

"Arthur Dunger" wrote in message
Thank you both for the warning.

I was thinking of buying one of those generic replacements (haven't

checked
the price), just so I have a spare. Perhaps that's not such a good idea.

would have thought that manufacturing technology would allow copies of
reasonable quality.

I've found one place (supposedly reputable) which sells replacements which
look like the original and cost in the ballpark you mentioned.

I was under the impression Shure no longer manufactured replacement

stylii,
so anything original would therefore be NOS (New old stock) and hence
subject to aging of the rubber cantilever?

Rob

Sofie wrote:
Mark D. Zacharias:
You are absolutely correct. The price that one pays will be the key.
The original stylus for this very fine cartridge was a .2 x .7 mil
elliptical......
so it won't be cheap. If they can be found for anything less than
about $20 or $25 or so one can just about be "sure" that it is not an
original "Shure" unless one can get a great deal on EBay or something.