ludovic mirabel

Default moderating rec.audio.low-end style

Here goes one-out of many- example of the rec.audio.low-end moderating
objectivity, Fidel Castro style.

An invocation extolling unvalidated, unconfirmed by basic research
"testing"goes in as a clinching argument .

Ah, but try and question it!: "We do not allow discussion of ABX"

We only allow it in to end discussions, right?

Ludovic Mirabel

Message 24 in thread

From: Richard )
Subject: Stereophile again!

Newsgroups: rec.audio.high-end
Date: 2005-01-25 17:00:04 PST

.... "The simple answer to all this is to incorporate ABX testing ESPECIALLY
on controversial tweaks. Of course if printing facts were what it is about
then it would be happening already."

Richard

elmir who?

"ludovic mirabel" elmir2m @pacificcoast.net writes:

Here goes one-out of many- example of the rec.audio.low-end moderating
objectivity, Fidel Castro style.

I can't seem to find a newsgroup with that name. Please point it out
to me.

An invocation extolling unvalidated, unconfirmed by basic research
"testing"goes in as a clinching argument .

Ah, but try and question it!: "We do not allow discussion of ABX"

I don't believe that's a quote of what the moderators actually said.
There is ABX discussion on the group from time to time, although not
much lately.

From: Richard )

Newsgroups: rec.audio.high-end
Date: 2005-01-25 17:00:04 PST

... "The simple answer to all this is to incorporate ABX testing ESPECIALLY
on controversial tweaks. Of course if printing facts were what it is about
then it would be happening already."

Richard

I believe that is a very samll part of the actual post and not the
focus of it at all.

Can you say "sour grapes"?

Can you also say "who cares"?
ludovic mirabel

"Richard" says:

From: David E. Bath )
Subject: All DBT or Subjective/Objective threads are ended

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.audio.high-end
Date: 2004-07-28 16:35:20 PST

Due to the limited time the moderators now have to process posts, all
DBT or objective/subjective threads are ended. This is effective as
of the Date of this post, and is likely to stay in effect at least
until the moderation team has grown.

Please see the request for moderators post for an explanation why our
time is limited.

And please don't bother to plead "but I didn't get to respond...", it
will fall on deaf ears.

-.- David Bath (rec.audio.high-end moderation team)
---------------------------------------------------------------------Please,
do explain what did the moderator "actually" say to your unique brain
cortex.. We need a clever, scholastic exegesis .
He says also::
" I believe that is a very samll part of the actual post and not the
focus of it at all.

I suppose that was why "actually" you put your "ABX" sentence as
the final one-two blow at the very end of your mesage..
Ludovic Mirabel

elmir who? wrote in message ...
In article ,
"ludovic mirabel" elmir2m @pacificcoast.net writes:

Here goes one-out of many- example of the rec.audio.low-end moderating
objectivity, Fidel Castro style.

I can't seem to find a newsgroup with that name. Please point it out
to me.

An invocation extolling unvalidated, unconfirmed by basic research
"testing"goes in as a clinching argument .

Ah, but try and question it!: "We do not allow discussion of ABX"

I don't believe that's a quote of what the moderators actually said.
There is ABX discussion on the group from time to time, although not
much lately.

We only allow it in to end discussions, right?

Ludovic Mirabel

Message 24 in thread

Ludo is a clown

"ludovic mirabel" elmir2m @pacificcoast.net writes:
"Richard" says:
I don't believe that's a quote of what the moderators actually said.
There is ABX discussion on the group from time to time, although not
much lately.

I'm not Richard, so guess again Luddy.

From: David E. Bath )

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.audio.high-end
Date: 2004-07-28 16:35:20 PST

Due to the limited time the moderators now have to process posts, all
DBT or objective/subjective threads are ended. This is effective as
of the Date of this post, and is likely to stay in effect at least
until the moderation team has grown.

Please see the request for moderators post for an explanation why our
time is limited.

And please don't bother to plead "but I didn't get to respond...", it
will fall on deaf ears.

-.- David Bath (rec.audio.high-end moderation team)
---------------------------------------------------------------------Please,
do explain what did the moderator "actually" say to your unique brain
cortex.. We need a clever, scholastic exegesis .

And what does "likely to stay in effect" mean? IT certainly doesn't
mean a permanent ban, unlike the permanent ban on you.

He says also::
" I believe that is a very samll part of the actual post and not the
focus of it at all.

I suppose that was why "actually" you put your "ABX" sentence as
the final one-two blow at the very end of your mesage..

Huh? This is an English language group, please use it here.

Ludovic Mirabel

elmir who? wrote in message ...
In article ,
"ludovic mirabel" elmir2m @pacificcoast.net writes:

Here goes one-out of many- example of the rec.audio.low-end moderating
objectivity, Fidel Castro style.

I can't seem to find a newsgroup with that name. Please point it out
to me.

An invocation extolling unvalidated, unconfirmed by basic research
"testing"goes in as a clinching argument .

Ah, but try and question it!: "We do not allow discussion of ABX"

I don't believe that's a quote of what the moderators actually said.
There is ABX discussion on the group from time to time, although not
much lately.

We only allow it in to end discussions, right?

Ludovic Mirabel

Message 24 in thread

ludovic mirabel

Dear non-Richard. You raise so many fascinating points that with my limited
English I hardly know where to begin.( how can I, a non-native speaker,
compete with your unrivalled mastery of the RAO prose?)
For instance Ludo is a clown. Was it meant as an endearment,
insult, uninvited familiarity or all three? Till you explain I shall not
know how you'd want me to address you?..
Thank you for so lucidly explaining that a ban is not a ban
when it is not "permanent" Shall we call it a "non-permanent ban"? Please
explain and inform: does " non-permanent" mean something that you lift when
a "Richard" says something you like and clamp on again when someone wants to
answer him?
Now about "audio. low-end". You're right - no group so titled
exists. But there is a group that was started long, long ago as a high-end
group and that is now in the grip of second-raters, without an original,
creative thought in their heads and without any interest in getting
life-like instrumental sound, aided and abetted by Mr. Bath, the moderator..
Their check-mate slogan is the one "Richard" put at the end of his message:
"Prove it by ABXing". And their main purpose is to shoot down anything
outstanding because they either can not or do not care to hear the
difference,
And ,no, I was not banned. Neither temporarily nor
"permanently. I quit like many others, regretting that a true high-end forum
ceased to exist
My use of "Low-end" was what they call " a figure of
speech". In my native language it is known as "sarcasm". I think the word
exists in English as well. Look it up in your Public Library
reference/dictionary section.
Regards Ludovic Mirabel
_______________________________________
I'll try and put this chaotic exchange into a sequence that can be followed:
This is how it started:
"Richard in RAHE:
" ... "The simple answer to all this is to incorporate ABX testing
ESPECIALLY on controversial tweaks. Of course if printing facts were what it
is about then it would be happening already."
I commented:
"Here goes one-out of many- example of the rec.audio.low-end moderating
objectivity, Fidel Castro style
An invocation extolling unvalidated, unconfirmed by basic research
"testing"goes in as a clinching argument .
Ah, but try and question it!: "We do not allow discussion of ABX"
We only allow it in to end discussions, right?"
..
"Richard" then said:
I don't believe that's a quote of what the moderators actually said.
There is ABX discussion on the group from time to time, although not
much lately.

In answer I copied Bath's message in RAHE.:
__________________________

From: David E. Bath )

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.audio.high-end
Date: 2004-07-28 16:35:20 PST

Due to the limited time the moderators now have to process posts, all
DBT or objective/subjective threads are ended. This is effective as
of the Date of this post, and is likely to stay in effect at least
until the moderation team has grown.

Please see the request for moderators post for an explanation why our
time is limited.

And please don't bother to plead "but I didn't get to respond...", it
will fall on deaf ears.

-.- David Bath (rec.audio.high-end moderation team)

At this point newscu...etc steps in:
Ludo is a clown wrote in message ...
In article ,

I'm not Richard, so guess again Luddy.

Fascinating topic Mr Newscu. Are you his mouthpiece?
Newscu comments:
I can't seem to find a newsgroup with that name. Please point it out
to me.

comments on Bath;s message:
And what does "likely to stay in effect" mean? IT certainly doesn't mean
a permanent ban, unlike the permanent ban on you.

Further quote from Richard:
" I believe that is a very samll part of the actual post and not the
focus of it at all.

My comment
I suppose that was why "actually" you put your "ABX" sentence as
the final one-two blow at the very end of your mesage..

Newscu is indignant and unforgiving:
Huh? This is an English language group, please use it here.

Michael McKelvy

"ludovic mirabel" elmir2m @pacificcoast.net wrote in message
[...]

By that, can we assume that you mean they don't like to stray from what is
provable into what is wishful thinking?

Their check-mate slogan is the one "Richard" put at the end of his
message: "Prove it by ABXing". And their main purpose is to shoot down
anything outstanding because they either can not or do not care to hear
the difference,
And ,no, I was not banned.

Until there is a better way to prove subtle difference, ABX is what one
uses.

The BBC as I showed in another thread used DBT's extensively to update their
studio speakers. They did this because they know DBT's work.

Neither temporarily nor
"permanently. I quit like many others, regretting that a true high-end
forum ceased to exist
My use of "Low-end" was what they call " a figure of
speech". In my native language it is known as "sarcasm". I think the word
exists in English as well. Look it up in your Public Library
reference/dictionary section.
Regards Ludovic Mirabel

Sarcasm is what they use when talking about your obsession with teh fact
that ABX and DBT's in general are the standard for determining subtle
differences. It's the way it is because it works. One only need peruse
the pages of some of the subjectivist rags to see how wrong subjective
review processes can be, how much they can miss about how good or bad
something is until compared to an objective reference.

Ludo has a severe case of logorrhea

"ludovic mirabel" elmir2m @pacificcoast.net writes:
Dear non-Richard. You raise so many fascinating points that with my limited
English I hardly know where to begin.( how can I, a non-native speaker,
compete with your unrivalled mastery of the RAO prose?)
For instance Ludo is a clown. Was it meant as an endearment,
insult, uninvited familiarity or all three? Till you explain I shall not
know how you'd want me to address you?..

I've changed it so that it is very clear to all. And all posts in this
subthread came from me.

Thank you for so lucidly explaining that a ban is not a ban
when it is not "permanent" Shall we call it a "non-permanent ban"? Please
explain and inform: does " non-permanent" mean something that you lift when
a "Richard" says something you like and clamp on again when someone wants to
answer him?

I quoted from Dr. Bath's post, what is so unclear about "likely to
stay in effect"? Is this another manifestation of your lack of English
ability again?

Now about "audio. low-end". You're right - no group so titled
exists. But there is a group that was started long, long ago as a high-end
group and that is now in the grip of second-raters, without an original,
creative thought in their heads and without any interest in getting
life-like instrumental sound, aided and abetted by Mr. Bath, the moderator..
Their check-mate slogan is the one "Richard" put at the end of his message:
"Prove it by ABXing". And their main purpose is to shoot down anything
outstanding because they either can not or do not care to hear the
difference,

Periods are used at the end of sentneces in English bud, not commas.
And there is a lot of discussion on high-end on RAHE all the time.
Just none of your logorrhea against ABX.

And ,no, I was not banned. Neither temporarily nor
"permanently. I quit like many others, regretting that a true high-end forum
ceased to exist

And a period is needed here, and no spaces before commas either. Quite
poor for a supposed English speaker.

Prove you can still post to RAHE by getting a post thru. Bet you
can't.

My use of "Low-end" was what they call " a figure of
speech". In my native language it is known as "sarcasm". I think the word
exists in English as well. Look it up in your Public Library
reference/dictionary section.

More unneeded spaces, what is you native language anyway?

_______________________________________
I'll try and put this chaotic exchange into a sequence that can be followed:
This is how it started:

Highly edited supposed quote snipped
JBorg

ludovic mirabel writes:

Richard" says:

I don't believe that's a quote of what the moderators actually said.
There is ABX discussion on the group from time to time, although
not much lately.

I'm not Richard, so guess again Luddy.

No, you're not. You and elmir are clowns from that low-end
group.

Both of you are scintillating samples of damage goods who
decided to put on the show here in order to illustrate that reading
miscomprehensions(sic) are redeemable quality from that moderated
group.

From: Richard )

Newsgroups: rec.audio.high-end
Date: 2005-01-25 17:00:04 PST

... "The simple answer to all this is to incorporate ABX testing
ESPECIALLY on controversial tweaks. Of course if printing facts were
what it is about then it would be happening already."

Richard

Though I don't recall the specifics, but if Bath in fact nominated and
assigned himself to the moderating role for that hilarious group, he
should
maintain his dignity by doing the honorable thing of unburdening himself
from that responsibility.

He should atone his misdeeds and voluntarily relieve himself from that
post. .

From: Richard )

Newsgroups: rec.audio.high-end
Date: 2005-01-25 17:00:04 PST

... "The simple answer to all this is to incorporate ABX testing ESPECIALLY
on controversial tweaks. Of course if printing facts were what it is about
then it would be happening already."

Richard

Though I don't recall the specifics, but if Bath in fact nominated and
assigned himself to the moderating role for that hilarious group, he
should maintain his dignity by doing the honorable thing and unburden
himself from that responsibility.

He should atone his misdeeds and voluntarily relieve himself from that
post. .

---

I just ran into an information appearing that it may have been in fact a
voluntary post. I must say though that I've never seen anyone put out
such a wild and wacky show daily filled with sober-minded, gut-busting
clan undulatingly muttering incoherent roar.

JBorg

... "The simple answer to all this is to incorporate ABX testing ESPECIALLY
on controversial tweaks. Of course if printing facts were what it is about
then it would be happening already."

I have, of course, just as everyone gaze through this divertingly inordinate
low-end moderated group on regular occasion. It's quite discomforting,
as always, to read the creeping fanaticism displayed by those who
regularly dwell in that quizzical bin. The example you noted above is one
among many instances leading me to believe that apples do indeed rot
from inside out. Those who empower themselves to cast decision among
the pure and putrefied reasoning owe it to acquaint themselves what is just,
and what is not. To those who do, redeem themselves.

A lightning volt delivered from the sky shall make it good, to those who won't

From: Richard )

Newsgroups: rec.audio.high-end
Date: 2005-01-25 17:00:04 PST

... "The simple answer to all this is to incorporate ABX testing ESPECIALLY
on controversial tweaks. Of course if printing facts were what it is about
then it would be happening already."

Richard

I had another look again today at that particular group we have in question.
There are perhaps at least a total of no less than 20 posting posted for
Monday. Perhaps more were submitted at the beginning prior to that day
but it seem only those posted met the requirement as specified in their
guidelines.

Among these posting that were posted today was a man asking for
suggestion about wires for his projection machine. In other post, another
man is wondering whether he should return back into using his old amp
as it seem to keep the rest of his system quiet again. Still in another,
a new poster is seeking advice for appropriate receiver to be paired
with his surround system. There's a small conversation I noted concerning
the forthcoming HE2005 Show.

I did not see any discussion mentioning ABX or DBT. I did not see any
suspicious discussion pertaining to these methodologies as of this
writing.