Paul Vina

Default bose for car audio

Pretty Damned Quick. Dumbass.

Paul Vina

"Pug Fugley" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
news:bu2Mb.18177$Rc4.73987@attbi_s54...
Dude, you *really* don't want to hop onto Pug's bandwagon without

reading
his previous posts first. Your opinion of him will change PDQ.

What does Parts Delivered Quickly at Advance Auto have to do with this?

Get
with the program or get the **** out.

Pug Fugley

"Paul Vina" wrote in message

Whoops. 180 degree turn here.

Huh? What turn? My opinion on Bose has been the same all along.

I love my Paradigms as well. What models do
you have? I have the Studio Active 40's with a Servo 15 and a regular

(non
powered) Studio CC center with Atoms (for now) in the rear.

I use Atoms all around, a CC-470 center and a Sunfire Super Junior since I
rarely (almost never, really) listen to music at home so HT performance

was
my main goal.

Dang, I figured a self proclaimed audio expert such as yourself would have
spent more than $600 on a home theater system. *shrug*

Paul Vina

I only insult those who say that known ****ty speakers sound good.

They sound just fine to the OP. Why can't you believe that he likes them?
Just because you don't doesn't mean no one does.

Nice web page...for 1994.

You seem a bit young to be mouthing off to me, though.

Eddie was on the Ark, man. I think he's been around long enough to mouth
off to anyone.

Paul Vina

Pug Fugley

"Paul Vina" wrote in message

I only insult those who say that known ****ty speakers sound good.

They sound just fine to the OP. Why can't you believe that he likes them?
Just because you don't doesn't mean no one does.

Nice web page...for 1994.

You seem a bit young to be mouthing off to me, though.

Eddie was on the Ark, man. I think he's been around long enough to mouth
off to anyone.

A lot of people say that...until they mouth off to the wrong person one day
and they get smacked in the mouth and spit out a few teeth. You'd be
surprised at how quick that shuts people up.

Mark Zarella

Many Bose systems do have tweeters.

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
Maybe he likes them BECAUSE they don't have tweeters.

Paul Vina

"Pug Fugley" wrote in message
ink.net...
Dang, if you thought those $2 Bose paper cone speakers sounded good just
wait until you hear some GOOD speakers..with tweeters and everything!

"tim" wrote in message
sat in my pal's '03 grand-am today and noticed the soundsystem was

pretty
good. even more surprised the speakers were courtesy of Bose, seeing

didn't know they were in the car audio market. are they available to

the
general public or are they exclusive for certain car companies?

thanks.

tim

Mark Zarella

A)The 9-speaker Bose system is standard on the Escalade so how do you
know how much it adds to the price?

B)I just said impressive. I didn't say it was better than any
particular system. Have you heard one?

I have. For a stock system, it's well above average IMO.

Mark Zarella

Actually, that saying didn't come from the stores. It came from audio
engineers like myself who know how Bose speakers are actually made.

It's amazing what passes for "engineers" these days...

Mark Zarella

Eddie was on the Ark, man. I think he's been around long enough to mouth
off to anyone.

Imagine all the species there would be in the world if Eddie didn't barbeque
'em?

Paul Vina

Dang, I figured a self proclaimed audio expert such as yourself would have
spent more than $600 on a home theater system. *shrug*

The Atoms are sufficient for what I need them for. I was going to get the
Studio 40s but I didn't hear enough of a difference between the Atoms and
them to justify the difference. And for what the 60s and 100s go for I'd
rather have a set of MLs.

BTW, the Sunfire Super Junior is $995 by itself. You really don't know ****
about ANYTHING do you?

Paul Vina

Paul Vina

A lot of people say that...until they mouth off to the wrong person one

day
and they get smacked in the mouth and spit out a few teeth. You'd be
surprised at how quick that shuts people up.

So now you've had to resort to physical threats since you *obviously* know
**** about audio, whether it be home or car. How typical.

Paul Vina

Pug Fugley

"Paul Vina" wrote in message

Dang, I figured a self proclaimed audio expert such as yourself would

have
spent more than $600 on a home theater system. *shrug*

The Atoms are sufficient for what I need them for. I was going to get the
Studio 40s but I didn't hear enough of a difference between the Atoms and
them to justify the difference. And for what the 60s and 100s go for I'd
rather have a set of MLs.

BTW, the Sunfire Super Junior is $995 by itself. You really don't know

****
about ANYTHING do you?

Dang, you could have gotten an SVS for that much.

Pug Fugley

"Paul Vina" wrote in message

A lot of people say that...until they mouth off to the wrong person one

day
and they get smacked in the mouth and spit out a few teeth. You'd be
surprised at how quick that shuts people up.

So now you've had to resort to physical threats since you *obviously* know
**** about audio,

No, there's no threats to it. I've popped many a jerkoff right in the mouth
to shut them up.

wicked1

Mr Vina has got a helluva lot more respect than your lame ass.Troll.

"Pug Fugley" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
You must be a Bose fan! Please tell me why you love Bose so much.

I don't. Personally I think their systems are too boomy. But more that

that
I just think you're an idiot.

Well, it really doesn't matter what you think. Nobody really cares.

wicked1

I have an old set of the direct reflecting speakers of theirs and they dont
sound bad at all especially for 15 yrs old.

"Eddie Runner" wrote in message
*INSIDE* ???

Are you implying Im not on the INSIDE of the audio
industry..??? Dont be a PUTZ, I was prolly a PRO
speaker tech before you were born....!!

being INSIDE doesnt actually mean anything either in
relation to predjudices... In the industry its common for a
store that didnt carry BOSE to use the saying
*no highs, no lows, it must be bose*
But we all know stores always knock what they dont sell...

As for the marketing, I have been workin on Bose stuff WAY
before they had all this WAVE RADIO marketing crap....

writen by Bose, or the reasearch he did at MIT, or the sound
philosphys behind the reflected sounds some of his speakers
produce... Go back before the marketing bull**** and look
at his REAL research and experements... Bose the man, with
the mans ideas and research not todays corporate multimillion
dollar marketing machine....

It does deserve some respect...
But of course there are always some that will not see....

Eddie Runner

Pug Fugley wrote:

Please do a lookup on AMAR BOSE!
There is plenty of REAL TECHNOLOGY as well as a philosophy
that is deserving of some respect...

No, not really. It's just marketing. It's one of those things you learn

once
you are on the 'inside' of the audio industry.

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html

wicked1

My 96 Corvette had a Bose system in it that wasnt bad for stock but was
still gutted eventually.

"chippa" wrote in message

Anybody that says factory installed Bose systems suck obviously have not
heard the '03 and '04 Cadillac Escalade's Bose system. It's really
impressive. I'm not saying all Bose factory installed systems are
great(Nissan Maxima, etc.), but I am really impressed every time I turn
the knob on the Escalades. Also, to the guy that said Bose does not
let their speakers be A/B'd, I did an A/B/C comparison with Bose,
Infinity and Polk at Circuit City last year. I don't know if that was
permitted by Bose, but all the speakers were in one big room(kind of
hard for Bose to overlook in a visit to their retail sellers).

--
chippa
chippa's Profile:

http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/m...fo&userid=2899
View this thread:

http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/s...threadid=43628

Pug Fugley

"wicked1" wrote in message
If you only lived in my neck of the woods. I would let you see the
definition of raging redneck.

What, by ****ing your mother again?

I wipe my ass with a confeterate flag, you knuckle-dragging, moonshine
swilling, 2 tooth having, overall wearing, pickup truck driving, pig
farming, 4th grade education having redneck.

Pug Fugley

"wicked1" wrote in message
Mr Vina has got a helluva lot more respect than your lame ass.Troll.

How do you know how much respect my ass has? Please leave my ass alone, you
queer.

Soundfreak03

Actually, that saying didn't come from the stores. It came from audio
engineers like myself who know how Bose speakers are actually made.

It's amazing what passes for "engineers" these days...

You are right Mark, especially when ol Puggy who obviously is clueless to
everyone calls himself one. And the funny thing is he really doesnt know much
about Bose speakers.
For clarification purposes I dont like Bose personally, BUT if the person likes
them then so be it. It is sad I have to clarify but with Pugslys poor reading
comprehension he would screw it up.
Oh ya Piggy, still waiting to hear what shop you work/worked at. Where was it
again? Oh wait your avoiding that question because you have NEVER worked in a
real shop.

Les

Soundfreak03

A lot of people say that...until they mouth off to the wrong person one day
and they get smacked in the mouth and spit out a few teeth. You'd be
surprised at how quick that shuts people up.

*ahem* BS.
Anyone who claims to beat/hit/hurt people on the usenet is either
a) a liar
b) an idiot
c) all of the above

I think with your posting history Pugsly that you are most definantly C.
Seriously.

Les
Anyone know that shop ol' Puggy ran out of business? Nope didnt think so.

Pug Fugley

"Soundfreak03" wrote in message
A lot of people say that...until they mouth off to the wrong person one

day
and they get smacked in the mouth and spit out a few teeth. You'd be
surprised at how quick that shuts people up.

*ahem* BS.
Anyone who claims to beat/hit/hurt people on the usenet is either
a) a liar
b) an idiot
c) all of the above

I didn't hit anyone on the usenet, ya twit. That's impossible. You should go
to your local community college and take a beginners internet course and
learn a thing or two about how things work before making an ass of yourself.

Soundfreak03

I wrote,

Then Pugsly the idiot wrote:

I didn't hit anyone on the usenet, ya twit. That's impossible. You should go
to your local community college and take a beginners internet course and
learn a thing or two about how things work before making an ass of yourself.

Your the ass. If you had basic reading comprehension skills you would realize
that the "on" is considered being online and posting that to the usenet. Not
actually hitting someone on the usenet.
You really need to learn reading comprehension. And we are all still waiting
for you to tell us where your shop is. But you keep snipping that and avoiding
it. Not to worry though most people notice and see what a liar you really are.

Les

Paul Vina

Dang, you could have gotten an SVS for that much.

I said that's how much one sells for, I didn't say I paid that much for it.
Dealer accomodation is a good thing. Besides, I've heard the SVS and I
wasn't all that impressed with it.

Paul Vina

Paul Vina

I wipe my ass with a confeterate flag,

Who said he was a confederate? He said he was a redneck. Which comes from
the color ones neck becomes when working outside for great lengths of time.

overall wearing,

They happen to be very comfortable when working outside. I wear a pair of
coveralls everyday.

pickup truck driving,

What's wrong with pickup trucks?

pig farming,

Don't tell me you don't eat ham or bacon.

Paul Vina

Pug Fugley

Then Pugsly the idiot wrote:

I didn't hit anyone on the usenet, ya twit. That's impossible. You should

go
to your local community college and take a beginners internet course and
learn a thing or two about how things work before making an ass of

yourself.

Your the ass. If you had basic reading comprehension skills you would

realize
that the "on" is considered being online and posting that to the usenet.

Not
actually hitting someone on the usenet.
You really need to learn reading comprehension.

You need to learn basic English.

You start off with "your the ass", what does that mean? I think you meant
"YOU'RE the ass" because "you're" is short for "you are" which is what I
think you meant..not that it really matters. You're an idiot either way.

Pug Fugley

"Paul Vina" wrote in message

Dang, you could have gotten an SVS for that much.

I said that's how much one sells for, I didn't say I paid that much for

it.
Dealer accomodation is a good thing. Besides, I've heard the SVS and I
wasn't all that impressed with it.

Well, to be honest I wasn't either which is why I bought the Paradigm Servo
15.

And like you said, dealer cost is a great thing as my Servo didn't cost much
more than an SVS. But I like them both better than the Sunfire which I
thought sounded too much like a one note boomer...more like a bandpass box.
Not that it matters, but I'd take any of them over M&K..talk about some
overpriced junk. Customers seem to like them for some reason though.

Soundfreak03

You start off with "your the ass", what does that mean? I think you meant
"YOU'RE the ass" because "you're" is short for "you are" which is what I
think you meant..not that it really matters. You're an idiot either way.

Is that all that you have? You just want to get me on grammar? I did not know
this was a freaking English course. My point was made, whether you like it or
not. I do have reading comprehension skills unlike you. And convienent snipping
once again, but I shall ask again. Where is your shop? You will not even
acknowledge the question, why is that? I find it odd and I bet quite a few
others do too. And if I am an idiot then quote me, show RAC that I do not know
car audio better than you. Somehow I have a feeling you cannot.

Les
Soundfreak03

Ahh, so the truth comes out. Vina is an inbred redneck. Figures.

Ok Puggy, where did he say that he was??
You have got to have the worst reading comprehension skills I have come across
in, well, ever.
Oh and one more thing, that shop of yours that is so good it put the others out
of business, where is it? You might get some business hehe, ok maybe not.

Les

Pug Fugley

[...]

Is that all that you have? You just want to get me on reading comprehension
? I did not know
this was a freaking English course. My point was made, whether you like it
or
not

Tony Fernandes

Mark Zarella wrote: "I have. For a stock system, it's well above average
IMO."

Since this thread has pretty much changed topics, I'll jump on the bandwagon
here.

Has ANYONE heard the new THX certified systems in the Lincoln LS and
Navigator?? Every time I check with my local dealer they have no clue what
I'm talking about. And now I see the commercials on TV, so I know I'm not
imagining things!

Tony

--

What's more likely? That an all-powerful mysterious god created the
universe and then decided not to give any proof of his existence? Or, that

"Mark Zarella" wrote in message
A)The 9-speaker Bose system is standard on the Escalade so how do you
know how much it adds to the price?

B)I just said impressive. I didn't say it was better than any
particular system. Have you heard one?

I have. For a stock system, it's well above average IMO.

Mark Zarella

Dang, I figured a self proclaimed audio expert such as yourself would have
spent more than $600 on a home theater system. *shrug*

Isn't the goal to spend as little as possible while still being pleased?
You didn't ask him if what he bought pleases him, or maybe it's sufficient
for his particular application (for instance, maybe he lives in an apartment
or condo?).

Paul Vina

No, Vina is an Air Force Ammo troop who happens to work outside about 75% of
the day and bombs and missles aren't exactly the cleanest things in the
world, asswipe.

Paul Vina

ink.net...

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
I wipe my ass with a confeterate flag,

Who said he was a confederate? He said he was a redneck. Which comes

from
the color ones neck becomes when working outside for great lengths of

time.

overall wearing,

They happen to be very comfortable when working outside. I wear a pair

of
coveralls everyday.

pickup truck driving,

What's wrong with pickup trucks?

pig farming,

Don't tell me you don't eat ham or bacon.

Paul Vina

Mark Zarella

I know, Mark. I was just making a point about old Puggy's post.

I've been in here long enough to see many Pugs come, annoy, and then leave.
You just have to ride it through.

TheBIessedDead

butt ugly kill filed

Good call Wicked. If everyone just ignored this child I'm sure he would go
away.

Nick
Taycron

I went to a car show and there was a Maxima that had the top of the line
Bose system in it.. I hated it.. It was awful.. The Harmon Kardon
stereo in the Saabs were a million times better sounding..

--
Taycron

fhlh002

Depends.... If they are from MBPint....WAY overrated.... but then again,
that's my opinion.

FHLH

"Pug Fugley" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
Maybe he likes them BECAUSE they don't have tweeters.

Yeah, high frequencies are way overrated!

Paul Vina