Musical Fidelity X-10 v3

Old September 10th 05, 04:32 AM
B. Smith

Default Musical Fidelity X-10 v3

Greetings all,

I've always wanted to try one of these gizmos. Has anyone here heard it
or use it? It just seems too good to be true, getting tube sweetness
without killing the solid state heft and control. Would love to hear
your opinions.

Thanks,

Brian

Old September 15th 05, 04:21 AM

If one thinks this through, there is no way this tube device can
improve anything. It simply adds distortion.

Old October 2nd 05, 12:46 AM
Ceek

Altough I havent listened to the X-10, I have owned several Musical
idelity products, including the oiriginal X-ray CD player and their
x-200 monoblock power amps. I currently run their A5 CD hybrid player
which replaced my Mark Levinson No.36.
I have nothing but praise for Musical Fidelity products, as I believe
they provide fantastic value for money. The A5 CD player cost ony
AUD$4995, and repaced a AUD$15,000 Levinson CD player in my system.
Why? Because it sounded better. Ard to believe, but true. I AB'd this
CD player with my Levinson with many Hi-end enthusiasts, and all agreed
the MF plyer sounded better.
Conclusion. MF products are great value for mony.
As always, have a good listen before you buy to make sure YOU like the
sound. But these guyts make good gear.

CK