Rigidly comparing video/audio

Old July 9th 08, 04:09 PM posted to sci.image.processing,rec.audio.tech
Industrial One

Default Rigidly comparing video/audio

Can the primary aspects of video and audio be compared/interchanged?
Both have a resolution, for example, a depth etc.

So if we assume that A = V then:

Sample rate/frequency in audio is equivalent to the resolution
(widthXheight) of video. (or not?)

Audio precision (e.g. 16-bit) is color depth (e.g. 24-bit)

An audio sample, is a pixel.

Duration/length is... (duhhh)

Audio channels are... the literal dimension of video, I guess. Stereo
would be a 3D hologram, and 5.1 be some immersive VR video.

What would a video framerate be Maybe frequency = framerate instead of
resolution -- then whats resolution?

And what would a single video frame equal?
Old July 9th 08, 07:46 PM posted to sci.image.processing,rec.audio.tech
Richard Crowley

"Industrial One" wrote ...
> Can the primary aspects of video and audio be compared/interchanged?
> Both have a resolution, for example, a depth etc.
>
> So if we assume that A = V then:
>
> Sample rate/frequency in audio is equivalent to the resolution
> (widthXheight) of video. (or not?)

Consider also that video has a "sample rate" (i.e. frame-rate)

> Audio precision (e.g. 16-bit) is color depth (e.g. 24-bit)
>
> An audio sample, is a pixel.
>
> Duration/length is... (duhhh)
>
> Audio channels are... the literal dimension of video, I guess. Stereo
> would be a 3D hologram, and 5.1 be some immersive VR video.
>
> What would a video framerate be Maybe frequency = framerate instead of
> resolution -- then whats resolution?

It demonstrates that video has a couple more "dimensions" than audio.

> And what would a single video frame equal?

It is a single "sample" of the 5D" picture.

"5D" because a video frame has these dimensions:
(1) Height and (2) Width
and for each pixel within the frame....
Some discrete value of (3) Red, (4) Green, (5) Blue

PS: If you are "Radium" using a different alias, delete this message.

Old July 9th 08, 09:09 PM posted to sci.image.processing,rec.audio.tech
Industrial One

On Jul 9, 11:46 am, "Richard Crowley" > wrote:
> "Industrial One" wrote ...
>
> > Can the primary aspects of video and audio be compared/interchanged?
> > Both have a resolution, for example, a depth etc.

> > So if we assume that A = V then:

> > Sample rate/frequency in audio is equivalent to the resolution
> > (widthXheight) of video. (or not?)

> Consider also that video has a "sample rate" (i.e. frame-rate)
>
> > Audio precision (e.g. 16-bit) is color depth (e.g. 24-bit)

> > An audio sample, is a pixel.

> > Duration/length is... (duhhh)

> > Audio channels are... the literal dimension of video, I guess. Stereo
> > would be a 3D hologram, and 5.1 be some immersive VR video.

> > What would a video framerate be Maybe frequency = framerate instead of
> > resolution -- then whats resolution?

> It demonstrates that video has a couple more "dimensions" than audio.
>

> > And what would a single video frame equal?

> It is a single "sample" of the 5D" picture.
>
> "5D" because a video frame has these dimensions:
> (1) Height and (2) Width
> and for each pixel within the frame....
> Some discrete value of (3) Red, (4) Green, (5) Blue
>
> PS: If you are "Radium" using a different alias, delete this message.

Nah, I'm just bored as **** ATM. Normally I just raid/troll cybersex-
hosting joints but I thought I'd go out my way to actually learn
something, so meh. I'll still delete this message if u show me how
Old July 10th 08, 06:51 PM posted to sci.image.processing,rec.audio.tech
Industrial One

On Jul 9, 12:46 pm, "Richard Crowley" > wrote:
> "Industrial One" wrote ...
> > And what would a single video frame equal?

> It is a single "sample" of the 5D" picture.
>
> "5D" because a video frame has these dimensions:
> (1) Height and (2) Width
> and for each pixel within the frame....
> Some discrete value of (3) Red, (4) Green, (5) Blue

No, a single sample would be a pixel. A frame consists of many pixels.
Old July 10th 08, 07:10 PM posted to sci.image.processing,rec.audio.tech
Richard Crowley

"Industrial One" wrote...
> "Richard Crowley" wrote:
>> "Industrial One" wrote ...
>> > And what would a single video frame equal?

>> It is a single "sample" of the 5D" picture.
>>
>> "5D" because a video frame has these dimensions:
>> (1) Height and (2) Width
>> and for each pixel within the frame....
>> Some discrete value of (3) Red, (4) Green, (5) Blue

> No, a single sample would be a pixel. A frame consists of many pixels.

Since you are making this up all out of your imagination,
you are free to define them any way you wish. (As am I).