Roger W. Norman

Default good 12-16 channel mixer around $500

Oh, this is one of those "if a frog had wings it wouldn't bump it's butt
when it jumped" WTB questions.

I realize that we all live on a budget, but geez, I would have loved to have
purchased a 16 channel mixer that's better than a Mackie or Spirit for $500.
Problem is, they don't make 'em for that price, and the guys using the
models you mentioned paid far more and are STILL using them. That, in
itself, says something for making the commitment towards buying into quality
in the first place.

Now if you want a good little mixer with great pres, excellent EQ, nicely
thoughout flexibility in routing and that sounds better than a Mackie or
Spirit, I'd look at a Crest XR20 or a Midas 240, but that's just me. I
slaved and saved and am loving every minute I work with the Crest. Of
course, I still like my Soundtracs Solo, too, but a $500 very good mixer
just doesn't exist unless you buy it from an estate sale.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

301-585-4681

"Nathan Hall" wrote in message
m...
i'm looking to buy a mixer as soon as possible, with the following
preffered features: good sounding preamps (read: better than
mackie/soundcraft spirit), good sounding semi-parametric eq, 4 buss,
+4 op. level, direct outs, fully functional condition, and modularity
would be a plus. some models i've been trying to find on ebay without
much luck a soundcraft 200b and 400b, amek tac, allen & heath
sr424, soundtracs. if anyone has any other suggestions in this price
range, feel free to drop me a line. thanks.