Brian

Default Received replacement sub, BROKE TOO!!?

I got my replacement sub this past week and something inside is broke! I
emailed the company again yesterday, which is below. also is a link for a
wav of the prob. it sounds as if you let the sub thump, and let the cone hit
on and off a handful of pen tips, thats the rattle. see the email below.
What do you guys think?

**START EMAIL**
I received the replacement sub yesterday. I have bad news that this sub is
broken as well. Something inside is broken off and banging around against
the cone and the inside of the sub. As I was about to start playing at 1/3
to ½ power to break in the new sub, I heard the problem. Something inside
the sub definitely broke off or became extremely loose, whether through
shipping or a bad sub being sent, as something is hitting and banging around
inside the subwoofer. If I put a light pressure on the cone of the woofer
(At a low volume, under 5, so the sub isn't pounding when I do this, yet the
banging thing inside is very loud at a low volume) it muffles/silences the
broken part inside that is banging around. And on the underside of the
woofer, the yellowish honeycomb type material surrounding the woofers
internals, is not secured to the woofer, 80% of this material is not
glued/secured to the woofer, some parts are, most aren't. If I apply light
pressure on this part it also limits the banging noise. So this shows that
something in there, between this honeycomb material and the cone, is in
there banging around.

Did the woofer that I sent out have an attempt of repair on it and get sent
back out to me, as not the best of repair jobs? Or was I sent a new one? I
would like to know how to go about getting insurance from UPS for the sub,
since all domestic packages come with $100 insurance, and to go about
receiving a new sub. I really am getting pretty irked about not having
working woofers in my car. With one broken sub, the other must come out as
well until I can get a pair back in. Can something be worked out with a new
sub and the ups insurance? Obviously, I am looking to get a new sub that
isn't broken like these last two have been. How does one go about getting
the insurance from UPS, as the package was insured for $100US by default,
and if you claim that you sent a good one then it must have been damaged in
shipment. If you wish to send me a number/extension to contact someone at,
that would be great (a person who has some info about the
conversation/history so they know we are on the same wavelength), as would
an email response. I am really getting irked with these two broken subs, all
I want is one new working sub to get my system back in the car, hopefully
without having to wait three weeks+ again.

I have even made an audio file of the subs and you can clearly hear the
problem. It is mp3 format located he
http://66.24.136.26:81/woofercompare.mp3 (800KB. 50 seconds). The first 25
seconds are the single good woofer on its own. From 31 seconds to the end it
is the broken replacement woofer on its own, followed by a second of the
good woofer at the very end. It was recorded with an old tape player and
microphone but you clearly hear the problem. It is as if you have the
woofers playing and were to place a pen tip on the woofers cone, you would
hear the similar banging/rattling against the cone.

Please get back to me as soon as possible. Thank you.
Brian
**END EMAIL**