Primaudio

Default Sontec replacement amp modules

Hi Sontec owners:

I'm considering manufacturing a replacement for HS1000 / HS2000 modules found
in the Sontec MES and MEP series parametric EQ's, and would like to gauge what
the market scale might be.

Also under consideration is a complete refurbishment/rebuild/upgrade protocol.

ITI replacement parts are also a possibility.

Interested in your response.

Phillip Sztenderowicz
Engineer
New York City
Scott Dorsey

Primaudio wrote:

I'm considering manufacturing a replacement for HS1000 / HS2000 modules found
in the Sontec MES and MEP series parametric EQ's, and would like to gauge what
the market scale might be.

It's small but I know a few folks who might be interested.

Also under consideration is a complete refurbishment/rebuild/upgrade protocol.

Now that Burgess is refusing to talk to anyone outside his immediate family,
I think any support at all for these would be welcome.

ITI replacement parts are also a possibility.

I don't think anybody really knows what is inside those modules. I have some
X-rays of them and some basic schematics, and I can take a reasonable guess,
but there are no unpotted modules out there like there are with the Sontec
gear.

Burgess had a large stock of replacement ITI modules, and of course he still
has the schematics, but he isn't talking. If you have more information than
I have, I'd love to trade what I do have with you.
Primaudio

ITI replacement parts are also a possibility.

I don't think anybody really knows what is inside those modules. I have some
X-rays of them and some basic schematics, and I can take a reasonable guess,
but there are no unpotted modules out there like there are with the Sontec
gear.

I haven't taken stock of all the different varieties of ITI modules that
exist...some are obviously dual op-amps....so those would be "easy", but the
others, I think there is only one other type, it's obviously a peaking and
shaping amp....

Right now I have a transitional ITI on the shelf; haven't delved into it too
much, but the peaking/shaping function doesn't appear to be potted, just the
amps. I think we can figure this out. They are all different iterations of
the same basic design.

Panix is a New York City ISP isn't it? I'm based in NYC...we should definately
talk...

Let's face it, this gear is really fantastic sounding, when maintained
properly....so HS1000's are the only type of "plug-ins" I'm interested in.

Let's keep Burgess' legacy alive, even if he's not willing to assist. He still
made the "best of " something....a remarkable achievement.

phillip sztenderowicz
tech/engineer
NYC
alexstringer

Hey,
I'm in NYC. I have a Sontec MEP250 that needs a good cleaning...Can you
handle that task?
alexstringer at yahoo

Scott Dorsey

In article outaudio.com,
alexstringer wrote:
Hey,
I'm in NYC. I have a Sontec MEP250 that needs a good cleaning...Can you
handle that task?
alexstringer at yahoo

Who are you asking about this? I can't tell what this is in response to.

And is ANYONE really supporting the Sontec gear now that Burgess has
gone quiet?