Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default a simple three microphone live remote

Hi Guys,

having some mail and news client problems, however here is an example of a
simple three microphone live remote:

https://soundcloud.com/jexper-holmen/ravnholm

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Peter Larsen" wrote in message
k...
Hi Guys,

having some mail and news client problems, however here is an example of a
simple three microphone live remote:

https://soundcloud.com/jexper-holmen/ravnholm

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Jesus. This is the second time I opened that thing late at night.

Gary Eickmeier

Posted to rec.audio.pro

https://soundcloud.com/jexper-holmen/ravnholm

I made the mistake of opening the file with the volume turned all the way up.
The opening seems to be the musical equivalent of an attack by a rabid vampire
bat.

There is this to say about it... It isn't dull.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

William Sommerwerck wrote:

https://soundcloud.com/jexper-holmen/ravnholm

I made the mistake of opening the file with the volume turned all the way up.
The opening seems to be the musical equivalent of an attack by a rabid vampire
bat.

There is this to say about it... It isn't dull.

It's nicely recorded.

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com
Posted to rec.audio.pro
S. King S. King is offline

On Fri, 30 May 2014 08:51:50 -0700, hank alrich wrote:

William Sommerwerck wrote:

https://soundcloud.com/jexper-holmen/ravnholm

I made the mistake of opening the file with the volume turned all the
way up. The opening seems to be the musical equivalent of an attack by
a rabid vampire bat.

There is this to say about it... It isn't dull.

It's nicely recorded.

I was thinking the same thing. The music is not my cup of tea, but I like
the recording. If, over the years, I only recorded music I would pay to
go see live, I would not have had a career. But, it is the iffy stuff
that makes the really enjoyable recording sessions stand out.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Hi Gary, William, Hank and Stephen,

Thank you for the nice comments. I do not usually make a point of using
earplugs while recording chamber music, with this however I did just that.
But it is the first performance and it could grow into something listenable.
I posted it also because of the quite extreme post I did on this soundcloud
version.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

"Gary Eickmeier" skrev i en meddelelse

"Peter Larsen" wrote in message
k...
Hi Guys,

having some mail and news client problems, however here is an example of
a simple three microphone live remote:

https://soundcloud.com/jexper-holmen/ravnholm

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Jesus. This is the second time I opened that thing late at night.

Gary Eickmeier

Posted to rec.audio.pro

William Sommerwerck wrote:

https://soundcloud.com/jexper-holmen/ravnholm

I made the mistake of opening the file with the volume turned all the
way up. The opening seems to be the musical equivalent of an attack by
a rabid vampire bat.

There is this to say about it... It isn't dull.

It's nicely recorded.

I was thinking the same thing. The music is not my cup of tea, but I like
the recording. If, over the years, I only recorded music I would pay to
go see live, I would not have had a career. But, it is the iffy stuff
that makes the really enjoyable recording sessions stand out.

Yes, and further, considerable skill is required to play a piece like
that, as well as to record it such that even via the laptop playback I
have a sense of all the parts, wild as they are.

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com
YouTube.Com/WalkinayMusic
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 30-05-2014 03:30, Gary Eickmeier wrote:

https://soundcloud.com/jexper-holmen/ravnholm

Jesus. This is the second time I opened that thing late at night.

What part of the wording "chamber punk" was obscure?

Gary Eickmeier

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 31-05-2014 18:23, hank alrich wrote:

https://soundcloud.com/jexper-holmen/ravnholm

It's nicely recorded.

I was thinking the same thing. The music is not my cup of tea, but I like
the recording. If, over the years, I only recorded music I would pay to
go see live, I would not have had a career. But, it is the iffy stuff
that makes the really enjoyable recording sessions stand out.

It worked very well at the concert, last item and with excellent shock
effect, kinda like first time I heard a british band play punk in
Copenhagen. I'll try to teach the composer to legato, I like the music
better than I like the playing instructions, it starts at FF and ends at
FFFF. And produces the loudest SPL I have yet recorded from that
ensemble, imo it would benefit from bending the playing instructions a
wee bit, it is kinda clunky. But I'm just the recorder guy ...

Yes, and further, considerable skill is required to play a piece like
that, as well as to record it such that even via the laptop playback I
have a sense of all the parts, wild as they are.

[Bowing] The composer wanted it available on soundcloud so I mastered a
soundcloud version and dropboxed it to him and to the ensemble. The post
consisted of applying my preset Avantgarde Powerboost in the Izotope
multiband that came with Audition 3 somewhat recklessly and then a
"classical saturator" compression preset that mimics tape but without
the distortion and a hard limiter, all patched into the master-channel
of Audition 3. The output was too much flat-topped for my liking, but
for soundcloud, me worry, nah .... O;-)

Knowing the distribution target I delivered the file as 32 kHz sample
rate 16 bit wave-file in the asumption that soundclouds whatever they do
to audio would do the least amount of damage with that file-format as
input and crossed my fingers and hoped that the composer wouldn't mp3 it
before upload.

The recording is simple: pair of C42's on the "trio" part of the
ensemble, aimed downwards to suppress piano leakage and a single KSM 141
on the concert (medium) grand placed where it sounded in focus and
"suitably delayed" in post.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Peter Larsen" wrote in message
k...
On 30-05-2014 03:30, Gary Eickmeier wrote:

https://soundcloud.com/jexper-holmen/ravnholm

Jesus. This is the second time I opened that thing late at night.

What part of the wording "chamber punk" was obscure?

What wording "chamber Punk"?

Anyway, the first two times I opened it it started playing right away - late
at night with rest of family sleeping..

Gary

Posted to rec.audio.pro
S. King S. King is offline

On Sun, 01 Jun 2014 13:35:38 -0400, Gary Eickmeier wrote:

"Peter Larsen" wrote in message
k...
On 30-05-2014 03:30, Gary Eickmeier wrote:

https://soundcloud.com/jexper-holmen/ravnholm

Jesus. This is the second time I opened that thing late at night.

What part of the wording "chamber punk" was obscure?

What wording "chamber Punk"?

Anyway, the first two times I opened it it started playing right away -
late at night with rest of family sleeping..

Gary

Turn down the volume first, then load the file??
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Luxey Luxey is offline

Good one. I started following them on soundcloud, which does not mean much, because I do not really use soundcloud, but again, any support is helpful.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 01-06-2014 18:35, Gary Eickmeier wrote:

What part of the wording "chamber punk" was obscure?

What wording "chamber Punk"?

Genrespecification on its soundcloud-page.

Anyway, the first two times I opened it it started playing right away - late
at night with rest of family sleeping..

Your understanding of how to play it in the home is as pr. the composers
intentions ... O;-)

Gary

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Peter Larsen wrote:

On 01-06-2014 18:35, Gary Eickmeier wrote:

What part of the wording "chamber punk" was obscure?

What wording "chamber Punk"?

Genrespecification on its soundcloud-page.

Anyway, the first two times I opened it it started playing right away - late
at night with rest of family sleeping..

Your understanding of how to play it in the home is as pr. the composers
intentions ... O;-)

Gary

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

My laptop lives with its speakers off, until I want to hear something.