Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul[_13_] Paul[_13_] is offline

Default How much would you pay for a used DPA 4011??

Aside from my AT4047, this would be my first big-time
mic.

At risk of having one of you snatch this up before me:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271454688466...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

But maybe you'll be doing my wallet a favor! haha!

I'll be mainly recording a mini grand piano with this. Problem
is, I won't have a matched pair. Or is the consistency of the
DPA mics enough so that I can just buy another 4011 from someone
else, and still have decent stereo imaging with ORTF or NOS?

Or would you not recommend buying a used, BIG-TIME mic through Flea-bay?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nate Najar Nate Najar is offline

On Friday, April 18, 2014 2:43:58 PM UTC-4, Paul wrote:
Aside from my AT4047, this would be my first big-time

mic.

At risk of having one of you snatch this up before me:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271454688466...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

But maybe you'll be doing my wallet a favor! haha!

I'll be mainly recording a mini grand piano with this. Problem

is, I won't have a matched pair. Or is the consistency of the

DPA mics enough so that I can just buy another 4011 from someone

else, and still have decent stereo imaging with ORTF or NOS?

Or would you not recommend buying a used, BIG-TIME mic through Flea-bay?

that price isn't bad at all, but I've seen them used for less than that. You should be just fine pairing it up with another as long as they are of the same internal design- they've modified it a little here and there through the years.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul[_13_] Paul[_13_] is offline

On 4/18/2014 11:49 AM, Nate Najar wrote:

that price isn't bad at all, but I've seen them used for less than that. You should be just fine pairing it up with another as long as they are of the same internal design- they've modified it a little here and there through the years.

Well, there is the "Best Offer" option.

How low have you seen them for? In the same condition...
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Friday, April 18, 2014 3:03:38 PM UTC-4, Paul wrote:
On 4/18/2014 11:49 AM, Nate Najar wrote:

that price isn't bad at all, but I've seen them used for less than that.. You should be just fine pairing it up with another as long as they are of the same internal design- they've modified it a little here and there through the years.

Well, there is the "Best Offer" option.

How low have you seen them for? In the same condition...

I've seen B&K's as low as $750 and I bought one last year from VK (a dealer) for 8 and change, although I didn't really need it and sent it back in favor of a coles 4038 which sees a lot of use around here. But in the last year or so I'm surprised at how many 4011's I've seen on GS, ebay and dealers lower than $1000 considering how much they cost new, and how good they are. Still, I prefer the schoeps sound a great deal more, and unfortunately those don't show up used for real good deals.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 18-04-2014 19:49, Nate Najar wrote:

I'll be mainly recording a mini grand piano with this. Problem
is, I won't have a matched pair. Or is the consistency of the
DPA mics enough so that I can just buy another 4011 from someone
else, and still have decent stereo imaging with ORTF or NOS?

They are from the guys that promised Grateful Dead a phase match better
than 10 degrees at 10 kHz between any two capsules delivered, I pair my
three individually purchased KSM 141's freely, seems to work well but
never bothered to check.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen