Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute[_2_] Andre Jute[_2_] is offline

Default The heron at the weir

Today, walking into Bandon across the footbridge, I saw the boss heron
sitting watching the weir. Perhaps the fingerling salmon are already
swimming out to Atlantic, which starts a few miles downriver at
Kinsale.

I called out to the heron, not too loudly, because it is a shy animal
that likes to believe it is invisible, "Al Marcy from Phoenix says
'Merry Christmas,'" and I could swear the heron nodded in a dignified
way, making an exception for a goodwill message from Al Marcy himself.

Merry Christmas, Al, and all.

Andre Jute
This time of the afternoon I eat a little something fanciful
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
tubegarden tubegarden is offline

Someday, walking somewhere will not seem such an obvious clue I dream.

Swimming has always been a dream, even when I wasn't.

Phoenix fell behind this year, I am near Dallas, in Richardson. 1200
miles back East.

Like the Dutch bulb crash, many are left blinking in astonishment.

In this room, I can hear Brilliant Musicians, out there, somewhere,
Once upon a time,

Happy Ears!

Al
This time of the morning, I take meds with black coffee
Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Andre Jute wrote:

Today, walking into Bandon across the footbridge, I saw the boss heron
sitting watching the weir. Perhaps the fingerling salmon are already
swimming out to Atlantic, which starts a few miles downriver at
Kinsale.

I called out to the heron, not too loudly, because it is a shy animal
that likes to believe it is invisible, "Al Marcy from Phoenix says
'Merry Christmas,'" and I could swear the heron nodded in a dignified
way, making an exception for a goodwill message from Al Marcy himself.

Merry Christmas, Al, and all.

Andre Jute
This time of the afternoon I eat a little something fanciful

Would not the heron have cold feet though?

Surely it'd be a wee bit uncomfortable at this time of year now.

Consider yourself lucky to get a nod from such a wild and wily creature,
considering how mankind and womenkind inconvenience members of the the
feathered clans such as turkeys at this time of year.

Christmas 08 has come and gone in tiny swirl of time and all the
relatives and friends around the table kept the hatchet buried and left
old skeletons in their closits; ale' loolya!

I try to be affable and even friendly but 'O9 should give me an increase
on my list of people who I'm glad I ain't.

Good Tidings To All,

Keep the Home Triodes Burning,

Patrick Turner.