Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] ghanks77@gmail.com is offline

Default Fs: Greg Hanks BA660

Hi
This is the first time I've seen this group.
If you have one of my units, call me!! I have an offer for you. I've made a lot of improvements to the unit to make it a much more civilized device!!
I will update your unit for the price of shipping and the new output transformer (using a Jensen JT11-B)
The improvements are significant and I think you will like.
I would like to discuss it with you in any event
My phone number is 860-349-4440
Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

wrote:

Hi This is the first time I've seen this group. If you have one of my
units, call me!! I have an offer for you. I've made a lot of improvements
to the unit to make it a much more civilized device!! I will update your
unit for the price of shipping and the new output transformer (using a
Jensen JT11-B) The improvements are significant and I think you will like.
I would like to discuss it with you in any event My phone number is
860-349-4440

Wow, Greg. Good to hear form you, and good news, too.

Anyone new to rec.audio.pro who doesn't know what this box is might
enjoy a gander; this is not your Em-Awdeedoodio anything kind of box.

Note it's output level capabilities. One might be able to use it for
welding light stock.

http://greghanksdesign.com/ba-660.html

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

wrote:
This is the first time I've seen this group.

No it's not! You were here in the 1990s when that thing was first
introduced, and I think you found a bunch of your beta testers on this
very newsgroup!

If you have one of my units, call me!! I have an offer for you. I've made a lot of improvements to the unit to make it a much more civilized device!!
I will update your unit for the price of shipping and the new output transformer (using a Jensen JT11-B)
The improvements are significant and I think you will like.

Out of curiosity, how many of those things are actually out there? They
seemed very cool and very versatile but never seemed to get the buzz that
they deserved.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Scott Dorsey wrote:

wrote:
This is the first time I've seen this group.

No it's not! You were here in the 1990s when that thing was first
introduced, and I think you found a bunch of your beta testers on this
very newsgroup!

If you have one of my units, call me!! I have an offer for you. I've made
a lot of improvements to the unit to make it a much more civilized
device!! I will update your unit for the price of shipping and the new
output transformer (using a Jensen JT11-B) The improvements are
significant and I think you will like.

Out of curiosity, how many of those things are actually out there? They
seemed very cool and very versatile but never seemed to get the buzz that
they deserved.

They very nature of the hand-built beast, and the cost, reflecting the
quality and power, make it an esoteric item. There aren't enough of
them available to support a buzz, though these days, given hangs like
G$, Pro Recording Workshop, and the other spots where heavy hitters and
hobbyist doctors, lawyers, bankers, and techies hang out, there might be
enough money out there to cause a stir.

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com
YouTube.Com/WalkinayMusic
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] ghanks77@gmail.com is offline

One of the pitfalls of advancing age is the memory starts to go!!!
But then I'm always meeting new friends 😊
It's back!!
I just finished a run of 32
Have four left
This time around they are going for $4495
When these four are gone price goes up to $5495 (having parts supply issues ... Some of the more esoteric parts... Like knobs have tripled in price)
I welcome phone calls
(860) 349-4440
Luckily I don't need to sell these things to live!
Trying to make an appearance at 2013 NY AES

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

wrote in message
This time around they are going for $4495 When these four are gone price
goes up to $5495
(having parts supply issues ... Some of the more esoteric parts... Like
knobs have tripled in price)

Have you considered alternatives to solid gold knobs then? :-)

Trevor.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Trevor wrote:

wrote in message
This time around they are going for $4495 When these four are gone price
goes up to $5495
(having parts supply issues ... Some of the more esoteric parts... Like
knobs have tripled in price)

Have you considered alternatives to solid gold knobs then? :-)

Trevor.

They have to be able to handle the output. hg

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com
YouTube.Com/WalkinayMusic
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] ghanks@ghanks.com is offline

As stated earlier
One of the first things to go was memory!!!
(Btw knobs for selector are only $4.75 each
Problem is no one makes em anymore and the run of a thousand pieces cost ... You guessed it!! $4750)
Anyway
The new ones have an analog to digital converter(new twist/patent pending) attached to the output. Integrated at -18 db below full scale @+4 out. And doesn't clip until the BA does. Adam brass is the only guy who's played with it and he seems to like it.

RIP Greg Ladanyi Klay Anderson[_2_] Pro Audio 2 September 30th 09 05:55 PM
Greg trotsky Audio Opinions 7 November 11th 03 03:39 AM
ATTN GREG! The Stainless Steel Boob Orchestra Audio Opinions 9 October 26th 03 10:25 AM
Question for Greg The Stainless Steel Boob Orchestra Audio Opinions 7 October 13th 03 01:51 PM
Another question for Greg The Stainless Steel Boob Orchestra Audio Opinions 2 October 13th 03 12:28 AM